Speculation: 2019-20 News/Rumors,Roster thread Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I gotta think Grundstrom makes the roster out of training camp. That fruit is ripe as can be at this point. 5G 7A 12P over the last 9 games in ONT.

He should have been on the Kings all year. He didn't look great in the few chances he got this year...but did not get much playing time and was shuffled around. I hate it when a young player
gets 1 or 2 chances and when doesn't sparkle or miss an assignment, they're back in the AHL...yet Lizotte and Wagner do the same and get their 10-14 minutes, no matter what. Lewis has one good game
out of every 10 and that's good enough, apparently.

When Grundstrom is on, he's like a 22 year old Dustin Brown...in net presence, finishing and hitting. He's absolutely better than Wagner, Moore and Lewis. He's better than Amadio too. That right there is 33% of the forwards. He should be a third line fixture next year.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
Under.

Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Iafallo, Kempe, Lizotte, Moore, Wagner, Amadio, Frk, that's 10. Does Prokhorkin stick around?

Doughty, Walker, Roy, MacD.

Quick, Petersen.

That's anywhere from 5-7 open spots. You figure another couple Frk/Ryan types will be signed, if for no other reason than basically every team signs a couple Frk/Ryan types every summer.
I would add Vilardi to that group, so 11, and I think Porkins is gone.

I hope Blake trades for a top 4 LHD. Guys like Ghost, Gardiner and Matheson are likely out there. We have assets to trade if those teams are looking to clear salary. I wouldn't be surprised if Blake just resigned Hutton on the cheap tho.

Vilardi, Bjornfot, Anderson...... Our pick this year
So that 4
Vilardi yes. I think Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague and Brickley will be competing for 2 spots. I could see them all splitting time between LA and Ontario next year.

As for the pick, it depends who we get. All the Euros are signed thru next year i believe and the CHL guys could all benefit from another year in juniors.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
He should have been on the Kings all year. He didn't look great in the few chances he got this year...but did not get much playing time and was shuffled around. I hate it when a young player
gets 1 or 2 chances and when doesn't sparkle or miss an assignment, they're back in the AHL...yet Lizotte and Wagner do the same and get their 10-14 minutes, no matter what. Lewis has one good game

When Grundstrom is on, he's like a 22 year old Dustin Brown...in net presence, finishing and hitting. He's absolutely better than Wagner, Moore and Lewis. He's better than Amadio too. That right there is 33% of the forwards. He should be a third line fixture next year.
He want up for 2 simple reasons..
1) his defensive play still needs to improve
2) decisions are/will be made on the guys mentioned ... that’s why they’ve been put in notice

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I hope Blake trades for a top 4 LHD. Guys like Ghost, Gardiner and Matheson are likely out there. We have assets to trade if those teams are looking to clear salary. I wouldn't be surprised if Blake just resigned Hutton on the cheap tho.

Vilardi yes. I think Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague and Brickley will be competing for 2 spots. I could see them all splitting time between LA and Ontario next year.

As for the pick, it depends who we get. All the Euros are signed thru next year i believe and the CHL guys could all benefit from another year in juniors.
I'm not even sure they re-sign Brickley to be honest.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Won't Vilardi still be a rookie next year?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Won't Vilardi still be a rookie next year?

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

Yup! The Kings have 18 games remaining, and Vilardi has played in four games, so he should still be a rookie next season.

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

Yup! The Kings have 18 games remaining, and Vilardi has played in four games, so he should still be a rookie next season.
I guess that means Cal Petersen won’t be a rookie next season if he plays in one more game this season?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
For those who maybe interested.

Angeles Kings vs. Colorado Avalanche Fanatics Authentic 2020 NHL Stadium Series Crystal Puck - Filled with Ice from the 2020 Stadium Series

Link Los Angeles Kings vs. Colorado Avalanche Fanatics Authentic 2020 NHL Stadium Series Crystal Puck - Filled with Ice from the 2020 Stadium Series

thumb.jpeg.jpg

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
LA Kings contract players that are currently waiver-exempt that will require waivers in 2020-2021 to be sent to Ontario.

Wagner
Petersen
Grundstrom
Imama
Luff
Brickley

No shocker here, Wagner, Petersen and Grundy are in LA full time.

Brickley, maybe starts the year in LA. Wouldn’t be shocked if they do waive him during the year so he can go to Ontario or they swap like for like in a trade.

Luff and Imana, I wouldn’t bother to qualify. Got new blood coming in and good to have flexibility with the 50 contract limit.
They are both just filler.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I think they wanted to give Grundström the opportunity to firstly work on his defensive game but more importantly to dominate in the AHL. I agree he’s better than all of those listed however by getting big minutes in the AHL he will have developed more this year than with ‘small minutes’ playing on the Kings fourth line. I like that he has responded each time he was sent down by playing well, responding to whatever direction he has been given. He’s acted like a player who knows what is required of him and has clear objectives. Exactly as it should be.

The other guys are just filling spots until the time is right to bring up the prospects.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He's in the top 30 in points by a left wing this season. Not bad for a free agent out of college who makes $2.4M.
Agreed. Like a lot of people I’ve felt he’s a 3LW that has been playing out of position. However the stretch of form he’s been showing recently does make me question that assessment. If he could consistently be a 50pt guy, with someone more prolific on the other wing then I wouldn’t mind him playing with Kopi (ignoring possibilities from the draft). However he needs to consistently bring the more assertive offensive game he’s been showing recently. There’s definitely been a change in his approach recently, no doubt in my mind that TMac or someone has had a word.

In terms of depth Iafallo, Kempe and Grundström give us 3/4 of a solid port side for next year. We just need a genuine 1 LW from somewhere .... hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad