Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Lehner

108125123_3272938126061208_648763145649942675_n.jpg

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

varano

Jun 27, 2013
From what I've heard, Lefevre sent out gear to any goalie that would accept them but most of them are under contract to their respective sponsors so it's really just laying the ground work for when those deals end.

I think CCM will be dead in the water

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
From what I've heard, Lefevre sent out gear to any goalie that would accept them but most of them are under contract to their respective sponsors so it's really just laying the ground work for when those deals end.

I think CCM will be dead in the water

What is Lefevre? I've never heard of them and now they're the go tos for goalie pads? Do they make better pads than other companies?

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
What is Lefevre? I've never heard of them and now they're the go tos for goalie pads? Do they make better pads than other companies?
I’m not sure of the official language of it, but basically CCM was licensing their designs/builds/technologies for pads. That expired in December.

Are they better? Not necessarily, but they are what a ton of current goalies have used since junior and they’re really what they’re comfortable with. Been able to tool around with a pair, they’re really nice pads but there are so many options and so many individual preferences that you can’t really say one type or model is always superior to others.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I’m not sure of the official language of it, but basically CCM was licensing their designs/builds/technologies for pads. That expired in December.

Are they better? Not necessarily, but they are what a ton of current goalies have used since junior and they’re really what they’re comfortable with. Been able to tool around with a pair, they’re really nice pads but there are so many options and so many individual preferences that you can’t really say one type or model is always superior to others.

Oh interesting, I had no idea that CCM licensed our their goalie pads. Thanks for the explainer.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

varano

Jun 27, 2013
To be clear , the Lefevre family has been designing goalie gear for a very long time. They were involved with designing koho, Reebok, CCM and they had a falling out with CCM recently.

Lefevre currently does not pay the NHL the fees required to display their logos on pads so they are shipping blank gear to goalies at the moment. Historically, people that loved Lefevre designed pads followed them wherever they went. Now that they're not really NHL licenced, no one knows for sure.

CCM at the moment has something like a 30-40 percent share.

Very curious to see what happens

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Isn't it interesting how when we only saw a picture of Lehner's new pads, everyone loved them:

Lehner's new Vegas setup, wow!

106477709_10157247037782466_884149728126217053_o.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus those Lehner pads are sexy

Lehner's pads set up is fantastic.

Yet as soon as we see him actually on the ice with them, everyone hates them:

Not a fan at all.

Lehner's new pads are sooooo ugly imo

Lehner’s pads would’ve been unique in the past but there’s nothing interesting about them now. I find that just boring.

Everything about this is ugly. Just being nitpicky, the maker of the pads logo is ugly, ugly knights design, and his mask looks very busy

Reactions: NJDevils7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad