NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Luka 4 MVP

Imagine trying to find a reason for your team to pass on Luka for Ayton, Bagley and Young.

@BGDDYKWL what's your take on his "character" issue now?

Ayton was the favorite, and some were comparing him to Shaq at the same age so can't fault the Suns there. Plus with D-Book they probably wanted an elite option up front.

& at least Trae Young is looking like a super star.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I keep waiting for the Raptors to lose. I guess I might have to wait until the playoffs.

Good game by Doncic vs the Lakers. He's so smooth with his passing.

Pistons throw down on the Spurs - Christian Wood had 28 points off the bench. Spurs are playing pretty bad at the moment though. Still, the Pistons beating anyone is a good thing. I wonder if they continue to play badly if the management will dump players? It would be nice for the Pistons to be relevant again but realistically they are still quite a ways off from that happening.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Luka 4 MVP

Ayton was the favorite, and some were comparing him to Shaq at the same age so can't fault the Suns there. Plus with D-Book they probably wanted an elite option up front.

& at least Trae Young is looking like a super star.
Yeah you can. You can fault them a lot.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Terry Rozier is okay, just okay though. Not worth the $58 million he was signed to in my opinion, but hey thats how the Hornets roll. Devonte Graham is a better player.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Imagine trying to find a reason for your team to pass on Luka for Ayton, Bagley and Young.

@BGDDYKWL what's your take on his "character" issue now?
It was simply mentioned by a sports reporter. I'm not sure why it bothered you THAT much that we're hearing about it a year and a half later. Let it go.

I love all these people coming out now saying Doncic should've gone 1. REAL easy to say now. Ayton was a tremendous talent and the consensus number one. You can't fault a team too much for going that route. It was obviously wrong, but it was certainly understandable.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It was simply mentioned by a sports reporter. I'm not sure why it bothered you THAT much that we're hearing about it a year and a half later. Let it go.

Because you believed some biased local reporter who probably never saw Doncic play over people who watched him play regularly since he was 15.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

I love all these people coming out now saying Doncic should've gone 1. REAL easy to say now. Ayton was a tremendous talent and the consensus number one. You can't fault a team too much for going that route. It was obviously wrong, but it was certainly understandable.

Maybe if you hadn't rambled on about it with great certainty for weeks and didn't high horse your way around that draft thread I would.

Reactions: darko

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Agreed that it's not revisionist history RE: Luka not going #1. He was hyped as a generational prospect for years, was compared to LeBron James and won pretty much every Euroleague trophy as a teenager.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I don't remember Ayton being the consensus #1 at all.

I thought for that entire year that Luka should/would go #1. I was actually quite surprised when he didn't, and even more surprised at how far he fell.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Butler went alpha-male mode in that OT. If he didn't leave 76ers, I'd have them as favorites.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun game between the Heat and Raptors.

Great game and finish from Butler. Winslow was awesome in the 4th quarter and his defense was a factor all game.

Speaking of defense, Bam has taken it to another level this season. He can usually guard anyone on the floor and tonight was no different. Siakam wanted no part of him as the game went along.

He couldn't stand playing with the manchild Embiid.

He loves Embiid. To the point where they still talk all the time and just last week Butler said he thinks Embiid can be the best player in the league. Him leaving the Sixers likely had to do with coaching and possibly Simmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad