NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
the play was on the other end

lebron celebrating would have had zero chance of effecting play. the fake outrage here is hilarious

No outrage, just a lot of eyerolling going on considering the favouritism clearly on display from NBA refs.

Don't worry, I'm sure the next time the Lakers face Houston and Harden goes to the line 30 times, you'll be singing the same tune. ;)

LeBron already owned up to the travel, even he was surprised that the refs chose to let it go. But he also posted a response on social media to those who criticized his little sock dance, bringing up the fact that he'd just given up his shoes to some local kids because that's somehow relevant.

Seemed pretty defensive over the attention that his little sock dance got, almost oblivious to the fact that he got away with it.

Also...."the play was on the other end"? You know he was a few feet away from the basket, right? :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
No outrage, just a lot of eyerolling going on considering the favouritism clearly on display from NBA refs.

Don't worry, I'm sure the next time the Lakers face Houston and Harden goes to the line 30 times, you'll be singing the same tune. ;)

LeBron already owned up to the travel, even he was surprised that the refs chose to let it go. But he also posted a response on social media to those who criticized his little sock dance, bringing up the fact that he'd just given up his shoes to some local kids because that's somehow relevant.

Seemed pretty defensive over the attention that his little sock dance got, almost oblivious to the fact that he got away with it.

Also...."the play was on the other end"? You know he was a few feet away from the basket, right? :laugh:
what do harden and the rockets have to do with anything? yes, they missed the obvious travel call on lebron. not the first time that's happened and it won't be the last. and let's not act like he's the only one who's gotten away with an obvious travel this season. watch any NBA game and you'll see that happen

like i said, he wasn't getting in the way of anything and players end up on the court all the time during celebrations anyways. where's your outrage over that?

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
what do harden and the rockets have to do with anything? yes, they missed the obvious travel call on lebron. not the first time that's happened and it won't be the last. and let's not act like he's the only one who's gotten away with an obvious travel this season. watch any NBA game and you'll see that happen

like i said, he wasn't getting in the way of anything and players end up on the court all the time during celebrations anyways. where's your outrage over that?

I brought up Harden as an example because he seems to get the call a lot more than other players might.

See Exhibit A:

Harden is on pace to shatter the NBA’s free throw attempts record for a season in the modern era by more than 200 tries. If Harden continues at this rate, he’ll take 1,182 for the year. In 1987, Jordan took 972.
The Indiana Pacers, in the same amount of games as Harden, have taken just 67 more free throws than James Harden the person. The whole damn team! And Harden’s only made 41 less of them. He’s only made 22 less than the Denver Nuggets.

My point is that some players seem to get preferential treatment.

As for LeBron, you're right that he falls in this category as well with regards to refs looking the other way or doing what they can to help him. Sure, refs are only human and are prone to miss a call or two, but the NBA wants their stars to succeed so that's what we get.

Also, "he wasn't getting in the way of anything"? :laugh:

Alright, the next time an NHLer decides to get off the bench and skate around while the play is going on - making sure not to get in the way of anything - you let me know how that goes. The NBA's no different. Players can celebrate at their own bench, sure, but doing a little sock dance mere feet (lol) from an active play?

LeBron-Walks-on-Court-in-Socks-While-Celebrating-K-ef383f4fb90ca492e6a620c3c0d3c8ef.jpg

He's even closer to the net than one of the Jazz players on the court! :biglaugh:

Again, this isn't about outrage at all. I'm not blasting the NBA on Twitter or demanding the second half get replayed like some other fanbases have been doing this week. Just poking some fun at the blatant favouritism from NBA officials, that's all.

Reactions: KapG

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ comparing a NHL rink to a NBA court

did he affect the play? did he get in the way? just admit that you're going to this extent with your fake outrage because you hate lebron. if his presence had changed the outcome of the game then i would be blasting him too. but like i said, players end up on the court all the time to celebrate. this is nothing new

him being where he was had zero effect on the outcome of the play or the game

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I guess the blatant travel wasn't the only thing he got away with last night.

Dancing on the court, in his socks, WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL GOING ON?!

I mean, sure, he just gave the shoes away to some kid, nice gesture, but you still can't do that. :laugh:

well he also did that thing with the water bottle challenge back when he was on the Cavs :laugh:

it’s a star driven league, the NBA does not care as long as they don’t interfere with the play.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
lol @ comparing a NHL rink to a NBA court

did he affect the play? did he get in the way? just admit that you're going to this extent with your fake outrage because you hate lebron. if his presence had changed the outcome of the game then i would be blasting him too. but like i said, players end up on the court all the time to celebrate. this is nothing new

him being where he was had zero effect on the outcome of the play or the game

Again, where is this "outrage" you're seeing? :dunno:

I think it's hilarious.

My comparison was quite valid; both scenarios would be penalized or at the very least, play would be halted.

Doesn't seem to be the case when it's LeBron, though, and it seems like everyone realizes this.

I mean, normally, whether or not there is interference with the play is IRRELEVANT, you can't step on the ice/court if you're not in the play.....

well he also did that thing with the water bottle challenge back when he was on the Cavs :laugh:

it’s a star driven league, the NBA does not care as long as they don’t interfere with the play.

.....But this has never been more abundantly clear than it is right now. :laugh:

NBA doesn't care, it's a free-for-all for the league's top guns.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Again, where is this "outrage" you're seeing? :dunno:

I think it's hilarious.

My comparison was quite valid; both scenarios would be penalized or at the very least, play would be halted.

Doesn't seem to be the case when it's LeBron, though, and it seems like everyone realizes this.

I mean, normally, whether or not there is interference with the play is IRRELEVANT, you can't step on the ice/court if you're not in the play.....

.....But this has never been more abundantly clear than it is right now. :laugh:

NBA doesn't care, it's a free-for-all for the league's top guns.
so you know for a fact that if it was any other player the refs would have stopped play and given a tech?

like i said, you're only trying so hard because you hate lebron. and actually it is irrelevant for that very reason. no harm, no foul

darko

Feb 16, 2009
the play was on the other end

lebron celebrating would have had zero chance of effecting play. the fake outrage here is hilarious

It wasn't.

I did find it pretty funny. People getting worked up about something irrelevant.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It wasn't.

I did find it pretty funny. People getting worked up about something irrelevant.
i thought at first it was but i saw the clip earlier

it would've been a big deal if he had actually...you know...gotten in the way of the play

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Because you believed some biased local reporter who probably never saw Doncic play over people who watched him play regularly since he was 15.
I simply said I heard it. Never said it was a fact cause how on Earth would I know? Some of you took WAY too much offense to that.
Yeah. People here acting as if Ayton was unanimous for #1. He wasn't, everyone who saw what Luka did and followed him closely in Europe had him as a top prospect.
Ayton wasn't the unanimous number 1, but he was the majority number 1, that's simply a fact.
Maybe if you hadn't rambled on about it with great certainty for weeks and didn't high horse your way around that draft thread I would.
Yep, that's exactly how that went. Some people like Doncic and immediately got butt hurt and went into defense mode. I merely mentioned it then essentially got attacked for simply passing the report along.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Lakers think because they bought a trip to the finals means they don't have to act mature.
lmao what

You say this like the narrative at the beginning of the season wasn't that the Clippers were the overwhelming favorites ...a team that also signed their best player in FA and traded for their 2nd star

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
and I just read someone say LeBron gets preferential treatment... do people even watch games?

Guy is averaging 5.5 FTA despite getting whacked on the arms almost every single time he drives. One missed travel call from a ref that wasn't even looking at him doesn't mean he gets "preferential treatment", it just means that the refs are stupid as f***.

and sure he shouldn't have been on the court given the play was right there, but players on the bench routinely step on the court while celebrating...it's been happening forever lol

Maybe if there wasn't 2minutes left and the Jazz weren't down 20 it would be something to complain about..

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
so you know for a fact that if it was any other player the refs would have stopped play and given a tech?

like i said, you're only trying so hard because you hate lebron. and actually it is irrelevant for that very reason. no harm, no foul
Yeah there’s no way he would have gotten a tech. It happens for the Clippers ALL the time after a big dunk or made 3 or just a good move. The whole bench is celebrating no matter who is playing. They have never gotten a tech for it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah. People here acting as if Ayton was unanimous for #1. He wasn't, everyone who saw what Luka did and followed him closely in Europe had him as a top prospect.

Agreed that it's not revisionist history RE: Luka not going #1. He was hyped as a generational prospect for years, was compared to LeBron James and won pretty much every Euroleague trophy as a teenager.

Yeah I don't remember Ayton being the consensus #1 at all.

I thought for that entire year that Luka should/would go #1. I was actually quite surprised when he didn't, and even more surprised at how far he fell.

Consensus Mock Draft: Final look provides clarity - it's Deandre Ayton, Marvin Bagley III at the top | NBA.com

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...re-upside-than-likely-no-1-deandre-ayton/amp/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-2018-deandre-ayton-to-go-no-1-but-then-what/

2018 NBA Mock Draft: Plenty Of Surprises On Tap After Deandre Ayton

2018 NBA mock draft — Deandre Ayton will go No. 1

Literally everyone had Ayton going first. Yes Doncic was certainly one of the top prospects but Ayton was the favourite/consensus. I’m sure it helped that he was a local product but the fact is he was probably going first either way.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It's true, he is. Another triple double last night.

Miami also once again has the best city jerseys in the league.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Ujiri's quite a hot commodity. I think eventually he'll move on from the Raptors. Just not sure it'd be to the Knicks.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Refs finally 'T' Doncic up after about 5 hissy fits.
Not a b-ball fan, but I tuned in to watch this new sensation.

His non-stop whining was reminiscent of the young Crosby. Put up numbers, but thought he tried to do too much. A bit underwhelmed by his game, but know he was having an off-night. Hardaway was outstanding.

Ffs kid, act like a star.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So I thought Trae Young was being set up for failure when some were proclaiming him as the "next Steph", and his one-and-done season at Oklahoma didn't end well, but he's a solid player and a good one for the Hawks to build around. Good for them considering they were the ones who drafted Doncic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad