Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I haven't really watched Rutta that closely this year. Has he really been playing well? How has he compared to our other defense men?
i have to give it up to the man he has been flat out amazing i dont agree with not seeing him he does a spectacular job 1 or 2 shifts a night that you are like where the hell did that come from..... mostly defensively is where you will see him shine has trouble at times in offensive zone getting pucks all way to net but he keeps it in mostly and helps continue plays.... honestly i thought he would be a problem i was sure he would be a problem but he has been flat out awesome for months now.... the last mistake that he didnt cover up i wanted him benched that was like before december.... never expected he would play anywhere near how he is playing now he is playing with all world hedman which helps but on his own he friggin shines every night an amazing play its quite honestly been a godsend for us

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
i have to give it up to the man he has been flat out amazing i dont agree with not seeing him he does a spectacular job 1 or 2 shifts a night that you are like where the hell did that come from..... mostly defensively is where you will see him shine has trouble at times in offensive zone getting pucks all way to net but he keeps it in mostly and helps continue plays.... honestly i thought he would be a problem i was sure he would be a problem but he has been flat out awesome for months now.... the last mistake that he didnt cover up i wanted him benched that was like before december.... never expected he would play anywhere near how he is playing now he is playing with all world hedman which helps but on his own he friggin shines every night an amazing play its quite honestly been a godsend for us
Really? I found his ability to get pucks through and on net to be a lot better than others on this team. Quick glancing at numbers, he only has about 50 shots total? Surprising. He does, though, have half as many shots as Shatty with half as many minutes played. Thats not a bad measuring stick.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Really? I found his ability to get pucks through and on net to be a lot better than others on this team. Quick glancing at numbers, he only has about 50 shots total? Surprising. He does, though, have half as many shots as Shatty with half as many minutes played. Thats not a bad measuring stick.
ya a lot of shots seem to get turned aside before reach net but being fair often he has saved the puck in offensive end and shoots it back towards net being pressured etc.... and im fine with that i wanted sergy to do that this year and sergy has one upped what i wanted and can actually make full moves now with puck and that is kinda what rutta seems to be missing at least by my eye test... hedman seems to miss net its cause he wants to imho and shatty same often times to me......

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019

"he walked out under own power tonight"

I think this line says it all. Came to the game to support, and then walked out like a boss. God prays to Rutta obviously.

But seriously get well McD. Great block. Reminded me of what happened to Kuch earlier on and he came back fine.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch play tonight. Keep an eye on Syracuse to see if we end up getting a call up. Sosunov has just been moved from Orlando to Syracuse a few minutes ago.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Crunch play tonight. Keep an eye on Syracuse to see if we end up getting a call up. Sosunov has just been moved from Orlando to Syracuse a few minutes ago.
I mean - we have to have a call up - we only have 5 healthy D right now.

I really hope they don't do something stupid like Schenn or Wit. Give a kid some games - let's see what Foote can do. If he sucks? Alright - at least we know and he knows what he needs to do to get ready for the show.

I was wondering if they would wait until tomorrow to make the official call up to save one day of cap space - I think call ups normally are announced around noon.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I mean - we have to have a call up - we only have 5 healthy D right now.

I really hope they don't do something stupid like Schenn or Wit. Give a kid some games - let's see what Foote can do. If he sucks? Alright - at least we know and he knows what he needs to do to get ready for the show.

I was wondering if they would wait until tomorrow to make the official call up to save one day of cap space - I think call ups normally are announced around noon.
Schenn is already up here. He's #6 atm.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Hawks fan here, coming in peace. Any word on rutta's injury?
Was a fan of him when he was here.

Jan is always here *points at heart*

my-naker.jpg

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Lightning’s Steven Stamkos will not play against Columbus

COLUMBUS — Steven Stamkos did not travel to Columbus and will not play in Monday night’s game.
He did not participate in morning skate and did not have a stall in the dressing room. Coach Jon Cooper said Stamkos will not be out long term and could be available for Tuesday’s game against Pittsburgh.

The captain played Saturday against the Islanders, notching the empty-net goal with 1:02 left in the 3-1 Lightning victory. He missed three games back in November with a lower-body injury and has taken “body maintenance” days off from a few practices and even morning skates this season.

Ondrej Palat took morning skate in Stamkos’ spot with Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov. Alex Killorn moved back to Anthony Cirelli’s wing with Tyler Johnson.

So perhaps it happened during the last part of the Islanders game and he played thru it or away from the rink and before they left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad