Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Day-to-day definitely does not equal good news when it comes to the Lightning.

Even with Coop's loose use of the phrase, it means Cernak should be back before playoffs. Which is all that really matters.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
JBB was saying McD is like 10-14 days away and Roots is 2-3 weeks. Cernak they are waiting for game time

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Stammer already missed game(s) due to "lingering injuries" this season. He's had his leg replaced and blood clotting issues in the past. I hope it's not too serious but it sounds concerning.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping it's nothing major and Stammer just needs a day or two off. Missed him in the 3rd last night when we actually got rolling

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Whatever it is, Stamkos just get it taken care of. We are 11 points up on 3rd place in the division with a game in hand and are at the point where .500 gets us in. This year is too important to be undone by some fluke ass injuries.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Stammer already missed game(s) due to "lingering injuries" this season. He's had his leg replaced and blood clotting issues in the past. I hope it's not too serious but it sounds concerning.

Well hopefully the new one is under warranty.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well, then chances are we don't need to doom and gloom anything. He wasn't out for all that long this year when he was dealing with whatever it is. He only missed, what like a week and a few games? As long as he's back for the final stretch before the playoffs with 3-5 games under his belt it's all good because chances are he'll shake the rust off by the end of it.

Take your rest for now Stammer.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well, then chances are we don't need to doom and gloom anything. He wasn't out for all that long this year when he was dealing with whatever it is. He only missed, what like a week and a few games? As long as he's back for the final stretch before the playoffs with 3-5 games under his belt it's all good because chances are he'll shake the rust off by the end of it.

Take your rest for now Stammer.
My only concern is if we get deep into the playoffs and these lingering issues come back and effect his play. Hes not known as a big playoff performer but his presence on the ice still warrants attention from other teams and opens up other players and ice.

I agree that he could take some time off for theast remaining 18 games and come back healthier but I fear he may miss playoff games in a deep run

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My only concern is if we get deep into the playoffs and these lingering issues come back and effect his play. Hes not known as a big playoff performer but his presence on the ice still warrants attention from other teams and opens up other players and ice.

I agree that he could take some time off for theast remaining 18 games and come back healthier but I fear he may miss playoff games in a deep run

I can't claim to know a whole lot about sports injuries but unless this is something that has to be fixed with surgery or has such an extensive recovery time I don't see why it's gonna come back if it's resolved by the playoffs. But in any case no matter what Stamkos is gonna have to find a way to play through it in about 2 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad