GDT: 2019-20 GM#3 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:00pm 10/9/19

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well I figured they would be 1-2 on this road trip, just thought the losses would be in Edm and Cal. So right on schedule!!!!

I thought 1 win would be a bonus too....didn't think the team would be this bad for GA despite not allowing a ton of shots

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah I honestly have no faith in either goalie right now until I see otherwise. I think it’ll be close to 50/50 this year.

Also, its a bad team, no argument there, but this was on the end of a back to back 3 games into the season, when a lot of teams are going to throw out clunkers. Its really hard to gauge how bad of a team it truly is based off the sample size.

So far I am happy with TM, his job right now is to find personnel that have a future here and get the squad trending as close to the Calgary game level as he can for the rest of the season. The latter is probably a doomed effort.

Grundstrom looked pretty good in his debut, btw. I like him and Toffoli together.

2 of them were home openers for crazy Canadian teams too, good lord did Van have everyone from their history there?

I wasn't truly surprised to see the emotional wet fart on the ice after the Calgary game especially with the boost Van got there.

What I didn't like is how they didn't stop the bleeding, THAT reminded me too much of last year, and I get having concerns with that.

But everything else? Burn the tapes, head home for OUR home opener, and despite getting absolutely dummied, could be .500 and in the playoff picture by Saturday night :laugh:

Not sure what everyone's expectations are, but TM said it was going to be a process, and it's very visibly one as guys get caught looking around for their spots. I expect some things to get sorted out between now and game 10, but expected a total shitshow to start and we've got it!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
2 of them were home openers for crazy Canadian teams too, good lord did Van have everyone from their history there?

I wasn't truly surprised to see the emotional wet fart on the ice after the Calgary game especially with the boost Van got there.

What I didn't like is how they didn't stop the bleeding, THAT reminded me too much of last year, and I get having concerns with that.

But everything else? Burn the tapes, head home for OUR home opener, and despite getting absolutely dummied, could be .500 and in the playoff picture by Saturday night :laugh:

Not sure what everyone's expectations are, but TM said it was going to be a process, and it's very visibly one as guys get caught looking around for their spots. I expect some things to get sorted out between now and game 10, but expected a total ****show to start and we've got it!

I'm just gonna keep watching Doughty beat the Flame and enjoy his celly!

UfayibrI

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Quick is ultra competitive and his salary drops a ton after this year. I can't see him continuing to play if his body is falling apart. I don't think he trusts his lower body and it's probably in his head on every movement.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings gotta start Campbell against the Preds since it seems like Quick constantly gets bent by them, and Quick seems to do good against the Knights.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Reality sucks, but it is what it is. Management basically told everyone not to be excited about the team this season and that everything happening is with an eye on the future. Bless those of you that thought--or still think--this team would compete but the reality is that they just don't have it.

Harder to accept when the names are Carter/Quick/Kovalchuk and not Calder/Armstrong/LaBarbara, but the latter aren't the same dudes. Hell, neither is Kopitar and Doughty isn't going to be getting better.

Strap in and just hope for development from the young guys and the occasional game like in Calgary where it seems like even the veteran check collectors seem to really care about the outcome.

Take solace in T-Mac's quotes after tonight's game. He's calling out veterans. He has a five year contract and most of these guys don't have as much term as he has. His leash is huge right now and he's talking like he knows it: let's see if it actually means anything.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Actually there is some good news from this fiasco -- Kings likely won't be facing any starting goalies the rest of the way.

Reactions: Butch 19

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I personally think it is premature to say that the team is trash, if you take a step back and look at the stats you can get a clearer picture. The team is 10th in CF%, 5th in FF% and is first in SF%. They have an xGF% of 55 which ranks 8th in the league and their SH% is 11th in the league. The glaring issue is that their SV% is last in the league at 81.82%, the second worst save percentage in the league is the Sharks at 87%. Despite the lopsided scores, the Kings have been progressing in the right direction as far as on ice play goes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Last nights effort was pathetic for most! Thought Toffoli,Walker and Grundstrom were pretty good. Kings need to get Brown and Iafallo off the first line. Need to find new linemates for Kempe or slot him at number 2 LW with Amadio and Toffoli. Carts and Kovy need time on the third line. Kings need to send Bjornfot to Djurgarden before they wreck him completely! Quick was terrible and I don't give a shit if he won 10 Cups his time is done! Trade him if the Kings can! Kings need to play the vets and endure the pain of another abysmal season. Kings need to bring up some talent after we unload some deadwood! This could be a very painful few seasons...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well, I guess we are back on track.

I don’t understand why so many people is pissed off, there’s nothing to be shocked about. This year we need another lottery pick and Blake must trade for others, the draft is deep. I hate to see Vancouver bury us under 8 goals, but this is the team we have, McLellan isn’t Gandalf.

Embrace teh suck

I have no confidence in the draft lotto after last year. When the Hawks can jump us by finishing 20th, that says it all.

Reactions: Butch 19

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Everything goes according plan.

Toffoli might bounce back for a nice return at the trade deadline. We even might get something for Sean Walker.

i am expecting some great entertaining Kings games and huge losses this season. Top 5 draft pick at the end, playoffs again next season and WCF in 2021/2022.

Reactions: Herby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad