GDT: 2019-20 GM#20 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 11/16/19

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Could Prokhorkin eventually be a 2C?
The guy is a middle 6 LW... he’s much better on the wing than at center... Heck, I’d give him some run with Kopi and Brownie.. Kopi always thrives with gives that attack the net and are physical

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The guy is a middle 6 LW... he’s much better on the wing than at center... Heck, I’d give him some run with Kopi and Brownie.. Kopi always thrives with gives that attack the net and are physical
This is the season to do it too. All for trying him with Kopitar. You never know.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Knights can suck it

giphy.gif

Reactions: Legionnaire

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kevin Dallman
Nigel Dawes

So much for the KHL
players who were well-seasoned in the A/NHL

i'm not talking like the KHL is equivalent to the NHL but it's full of very good hockey players and a lot of grown men who have been around the block. banging a PPG there is nothing to sneeze at or else everyone would be doing it

Reactions: crassbonanza

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Is it? Debatable, and second is still a distant second regardless of which league you believe. Not saying it’s impossible but success in the KHL means dick in the NHL.

How is it debateable? What league are you arguing is the second best?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Is it? Debatable, and second is still a distant second regardless of which league you believe. Not saying it’s impossible but success in the KHL means dick in the NHL.

You're selling the KHL really short. It's second to the NHL and it's different in the style to the NHL.

Success in the KHL can lead to success in the NHL. Look at Kuznetsov for example.

I get your point but chill with the broad brush.

What's with you and Russians lol

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kempe several nice plays but doesn’t get much credit whereas every mistake gets highlighted. Definitely the whipping boy this year on here. Great defensive play late on. Looks better at wing and hasn’t properly settled there yet, so people need to give him 10 or so games before coming to conclusions on the position change.

Porky I’d avoided coming up with a strong opinion on him. However he’s starting to settle and looks like belongs. Kempe moving to wing opens up a spot at C and he deserves to get a run in my view.
Props to Clifford for the nice assist on that goal. He must of had a shout as it was a deliberate controlled pass to Porky.

I’d personally take out Wagner or Luff for Grundy. Probably Wagner to give luff a chance to settle in. Wags doesn’t quite fit and whilst his speed is elite I don’t think his IQ or offensive instinct are good enough to make good use of it. I do think though that he has plenty of time to work on it, maybe in Ontario.

Toffoli, looks further away from a 1st rd pick than ever.

Carts is really starting to look good. Great tip, and without it there’s no goal for sure. He’s moving well and making the reads.

I thought the kick was a no goal. His weight was mostly on the other leg (you could see ice spraying up) so he had control of the kicking leg.

Quick was ok, good enough to give us a chance to win which is what you want.

I was disappointed in MacD. Kopitar gets a head shot and there was no reaction. He needed to go in hard there as that’s the whole reason for him being there, and why they’ve been so patient developing him.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
KHL is the second best league in the world.

But KHL success does not necessarily equal NHL success. Some guys work, some don't. it is what it is. I'm assuming this is in reference to Porky's PPG in the KHL, it's fair to question if that translates or not. For every Dallman, there's a Panarin. For every Shipachyov, there's a Dawes. Can't draw ANY conclusions frankly other than 'there's potential.'

Reactions: yankeeking

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Is it just me or has Brown been struggling for awhile?

Can’t believe we won that one!
Yeah, looks like he's definitely struggling. He and Kopitar had a 2-on-1, Kopitar wasn't really open to receive a pass and Brown was looking pass all the way when he should have just gone hard to the net with puck and shoot!

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad