GDT: 2019-20 GM#20 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @1:00pm 11/16/19

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
You're selling the KHL really short. It's second to the NHL and it's different in the style to the NHL.

Success in the KHL can lead to success in the NHL. Look at Kuznetsov for example.

I get your point but chill with the broad brush.

What's with you and Russians lol
Sure. And success in the ECHL can lead to a Conn Smythe and 2 Stanley Cups, just ask Jonathan Quick.

I’m not saying the KHL is a bad league but there are plenty of guys that dominate there that couldn’t hack it in the nhl. Nothing wrong with that either, it just is what it is.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hope all those VGK fans enjoyed their road trip, almost feels as good as running the Canucks fans out of the building circa 2012

73537340_10220848845880204_5687148286067081216_n.jpg

This is another entry for post of the year. Man we're getting some late contenders this year. Well done!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yeah, he has but I'm not too worried about it. He usually bounces back.
I agree. Also even if he’s not scoring he doesn’t tend to hurt the team and stays strong defensively. He’s also had a few ‘3rd assists’ during Kopitars streak so he is contributing.

Reactions: Fifth Marauder

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kempe several nice plays but doesn’t get much credit whereas every mistake gets highlighted. Definitely the whipping boy this year on here. Great defensive play late on. Looks better at wing and hasn’t properly settled there yet, so people need to give him 10 or so games before coming to conclusions on the position change.

Porky I’d avoided coming up with a strong opinion on him. However he’s starting to settle and looks like belongs. Kempe moving to wing opens up a spot at C and he deserves to get a run in my view.
Props to Clifford for the nice assist on that goal. He must of had a shout as it was a deliberate controlled pass to Porky.

I’d personally take out Wagner or Luff for Grundy. Probably Wagner to give luff a chance to settle in. Wags doesn’t quite fit and whilst his speed is elite I don’t think his IQ or offensive instinct are good enough to make good use of it. I do think though that he has plenty of time to work on it, maybe in Ontario.

Toffoli, looks further away from a 1st rd pick than ever.

Carts is really starting to look good. Great tip, and without it there’s no goal for sure. He’s moving well and making the reads.

I thought the kick was a no goal. His weight was mostly on the other leg (you could see ice spraying up) so he had control of the kicking leg.

Quick was ok, good enough to give us a chance to win which is what you want.

I was disappointed in MacD. Kopitar gets a head shot and there was no reaction. He needed to go in hard there as that’s the whole reason for him being there, and why they’ve been so patient developing him.

Pretty sure Mac didn't see the hit. Roy was the only one and then acted like a cat playing with a dead cricket or something. His response was my problem. Took a penalty while doing absolutely nothing but pretending like he wanted to do something about it.

Mac rolled up to the scrum with zero idea of what happened. Trust me: I wanted to see him fly in there but he didn't know who to be upset with.

Thought going today would be a mistake. Always great to beat the worst visiting fan base in the league.

Reactions: yankeeking

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Pretty sure Mac didn't see the hit. Roy was the only one and then acted like a cat playing with a dead cricket or something. His response was my problem. Took a penalty while doing absolutely nothing but pretending like he wanted to do something about it.

Mac rolled up to the scrum with zero idea of what happened. Trust me: I wanted to see him fly in there but he didn't know who to be upset with.

Thought going today would be a mistake. Always great to beat the worst visiting fan base in the league.
Are they really “visiting” from a trailer park in Redlands?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Kempe several nice plays but doesn’t get much credit whereas every mistake gets highlighted. Definitely the whipping boy this year on here. Great defensive play late on. Looks better at wing and hasn’t properly settled there yet, so people need to give him 10 or so games before coming to conclusions on the position change.

Porky I’d avoided coming up with a strong opinion on him. However he’s starting to settle and looks like belongs. Kempe moving to wing opens up a spot at C and he deserves to get a run in my view.
Props to Clifford for the nice assist on that goal. He must of had a shout as it was a deliberate controlled pass to Porky.

I’d personally take out Wagner or Luff for Grundy. Probably Wagner to give luff a chance to settle in. Wags doesn’t quite fit and whilst his speed is elite I don’t think his IQ or offensive instinct are good enough to make good use of it. I do think though that he has plenty of time to work on it, maybe in Ontario.

Toffoli, looks further away from a 1st rd pick than ever.

Carts is really starting to look good. Great tip, and without it there’s no goal for sure. He’s moving well and making the reads.

I thought the kick was a no goal. His weight was mostly on the other leg (you could see ice spraying up) so he had control of the kicking leg.

Quick was ok, good enough to give us a chance to win which is what you want.

I was disappointed in MacD. Kopitar gets a head shot and there was no reaction. He needed to go in hard there as that’s the whole reason for him being there, and why they’ve been so patient developing him.
Disagree completely on Wagner. He made a ton of great plays out there and you can see his ice time going up, not to mention team speed is still a real problem.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wonder if the Kings should even move Carter. He is looking strong and motivated and McLellan’s system seems to be working well for him. No matter what anyone says, veterans need to guide and mentor rookies, and if there isn’t a strong market or return for some of our players, I hope we keep them.

If someone wants to give a first or a second and some prospects for no retention, I’m game. Otherwise, his leadership and mentorship could be a big positive over the next couple years.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hope all those VGK fans enjoyed their road trip, almost feels as good as running the Canucks fans out of the building circa 2012

73537340_10220848845880204_5687148286067081216_n.jpg

This has to be the great thing I've seen on HF this year. If for whatever reason the Kings make the playoffs. This will be my go to pic.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This has to be the great thing I've seen on HF this year. If for whatever reason the Kings make the playoffs. This will be my go to pic.

I wish I could take credit for it, and I wish I could remember who to credit it to...just showed up on my facebook timeline today :laugh:

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wish I could take credit for it, and I wish I could remember who to credit it to...just showed up on my facebook timeline today :laugh:

I freaking burst out laughing cause it completely fits with him lol. Whoever made it great job lol.

Imagine if by some miracle we matched up against the flames? LMAO.

Rent free in their heads bro. Would be great to play against them

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I refuse to believe that. He was there on the ice and he should have known that if Roy is going after someone there's a reason. He stood by idly and did nothing. Absolutely pathetic. He's not on the roster because he's a great defenseman. He was playing today to add toughness against a notoriously cheap team.

And let's say he didn't see it. Next shift he should have sent Tuch head first into the next century and taken a five minute penalty.

You want to make an impression and last on your team? Do what you're brought in for.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was probably a game we didn't 'deserve' yet the first W we had in one like that all year. Super sloppy all around. TMac had some good quotes about how we didn't have our energy but that good teams find ways to win. That did show some growth imo. Especially given the guys that were getting rolled out at the end and making plays--Wagner, Kempe, Lizotte all had defensive touches on the puck with the goalie pulled.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

Totally agree. Grundstrom brings a lot more to the table than Wagner at this time. Really though - Wags???:skeptic:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad