2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3: Uncharted

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
They're talking about expanded rosters which would mean expanded salary cap I assume. Maybe we take the cap but don't expand the roster the full amount? LOL..
From Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman:
According to multiple sources, [the players] were willing to defer additional monies — in exchange for what they considered a meaningful concession. One of the suggestions, for example, was slightly raising the salary cap to put more money in the system. (Yes, that could increase how much players will eventually owe to balance the 50/50 split, but with escrow caps, it is not a great concern to the current group.)
No deal could be reached, and both sides decided to move on.

NHL season: League, players working towards Jan. 13 start

Rob Peter to pay Paul? It's a gamble for the players, but probably makes sense. NBC TV contract expires after this season, both FOX and ESPN are very interested...that should help improve league finances starting in '21/'22.​

Reactions: DaBolts

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I thought Feb 1 was being speculated as the start date?

Going by BriseBois I'll guess that he basically has a plan in place for both the re-signings as well as trade/s. Just have to wait for some dates to become official before we see big movement.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

Un497Vc.jpg

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
From Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman:
According to multiple sources, [the players] were willing to defer additional monies — in exchange for what they considered a meaningful concession. One of the suggestions, for example, was slightly raising the salary cap to put more money in the system. (Yes, that could increase how much players will eventually owe to balance the 50/50 split, but with escrow caps, it is not a great concern to the current group.)
No deal could be reached, and both sides decided to move on.

NHL season: League, players working towards Jan. 13 start

Rob Peter to pay Paul? It's a gamble for the players, but probably makes sense. NBC TV contract expires after this season, both FOX and ESPN are very interested...that should help improve league finances starting in '21/'22.​

I would prefer the Fox networks over ESPN's only because they will show more weeknight games, IMHO.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I hope Kucherov and Point completely stuff their stat sheets this year. That division is a joke

I'm curious about how Kuch will be this year after winning the cup. Last year I feel like he changed some things to the prior year to be more complete player. I'm curious if he will want to produce a bit more to prove he can still provide that super elite point production. Not that there is really any doubt about that but i have seen him rated lower due to the dip in production.

Even though it didn't end very fun for him or the team a couple seasons ago, he was incredible to watch that year. Last year I felt he tried to be a bit more responsible. Which is good for what we were trying to accomplish and will continue to try to accomplish again this year. Just looking forward to see how he is this year.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I'm curious about how Kuch will be this year after winning the cup.
I wondered a little about that BUT

I think Drunk Kuch LOVED rubbing Jeffy behind the ears, laughing it up with his buddies, toiling around Tampa with that silver thing MORE than he hated being pissed off

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Holy shit we're going to tear that division. MIN and NSH games are usually tight but everyone else gets lit up.

Reactions: PJ817

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
I would prefer the Fox networks over ESPN's only because they will show more weeknight games, IMHO.
I want no part of ESPN- you will always be a second and third banana to basketball on that network! Fox makes most sense and they seem to have best marketing group anywhere. NBC while they did wonders for the league revenue early on, has been brutal in its marketing of the sport lately and has kept it largely a NE provincial sport in the US!

Reactions: DaBolts

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Holy shit we're going to tear that division. MIN and NSH games are usually tight but everyone else gets lit up.
I don't know what you are smoking. The Canes and Jackets will be tough. There is no way the Jackets don't bring max effort when they play us.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't know what you are smoking. The Canes and Jackets will be tough. There is no way the Jackets don't bring max effort when they play us.

Why would they? They're awful in the regular season, playing like they do in the playoffs is not a viable strategy during the season. Hurricanes have always been lit up by Tampa, nothing's changed.

Reactions: Hoek

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Why would they? They're awful in the regular season, playing like they do in the playoffs is not a viable strategy during the season.

Because we now have a real rivalry going on.
Those back 2 back playoffs match-up and the way they unfolded change the dynamic between both teams moving forward.

We may have redeemed ourselves and exorcised our demons, but this rivalry is only getting started, onto the next part and you can be certain both teams will always show up when playing each other regardless if its a pre-season game or a playoff game.

Not worried though even if we end up splitting the games with Columbus, our boys will run away with the Division.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

Former Bolt prospect news. seems like issues follow Ingram no matter where he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad