Prospect Info: 2019-20 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #20

Who is the Flyers #20 SKATER prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Who’s #14? That guy looks like a future NHLer.

All he had to do was position himself in front of Ristolainen to disrupt his drive to net...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What? Get a grip my man. We all have our own opinion but 31st or worse is just flat out wrong.

Hes pretty easily our worst D prospect. Shouldnt have gotten a single vote yet with Attard, Wylie, St. Ivany, Millman, and Bernhardt on the board still.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All he had to do was position himself in front of Ristolainen to disrupt his drive to net...
This is why it's so funny when some try to say that people only hate Hagg because he doesn't score...

Nope, he's horrible offensively AND defensively. It's not like the guy is a legit shutdown D who just can't score... he's equally as bad in his own zone. The thicc boi can't even move people from in front of the net properly.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Say what you will about Ginning relative to these guys, but it elicits a groan from me to see him within a handful of spots to Kalynuk. That’s margin for error territory. Kalynuk is not in margin for error territory. So many of his games — all of these college guys — are on YouTube.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Say what you will about Ginning relative to these guys, but it elicits a groan from me to see him within a handful of spots to Kalynuk. That’s margin for error territory. Kalynuk is not in margin for error territory. So many of his games — all of these college guys — are on YouTube.

Kalynuk is going to have a big season offensively in 2019-2020 and he’ll crack the top 10 of this list next summer as a result. Even though, he’s arguably a top 10(ish) prospect in the system already.

Reactions: Magua

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
A healthy labege is a much better player. Given his age and competition im expecting him to continue his resurgence from last year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
And how many international games has Attard played?

Ginning is a year younger & has played around 70 international games.

Not to mention Ginning has 88 games in Sweden’s top professional men’s league at age 19.

But tell me about Attard’s 19 y/o season in the USHL.
It is probably coach conspiracy. Coaches love to play inferior players in favor of better ones and vice versa to propagate their own personal narrative of better players. Everyone knows Ginning sucks but coaches in Europe and NA still play him. We see it with Hagg. We saw with Erik Gustafsson. We are seeing it in real time with Ginning.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nope. It is the classic coaches are infallible vs. limited viewing and reading blogs are infallible argument.

Some people watch these games. I know you're doing schtick, but you're aware of that.

Also, blogs are not a swear word. Newspapers don't make someone's opinion legitimate. Your dishonest, Neanderthal prattle is infinitely superior to Marcus Hayes' for example.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Some people watch these games. I know you're doing schtick, but you're aware of that.

Also, blogs are not a swear word. Newspapers don't make someone's opinion legitimate. Your dishonest, Neanderthal prattle is infinitely superior to Marcus Hayes' for example.
Of course they do. And I'm sure that when watching these games they are taking notes and watching and reviewing tape and comparing it to their experiences of watching hockey on TV and playing rec-league hockey for years. I know you are doing schtick when you categorize my argument as "coaches are infallible." Of course coaches make mistakes, it happens all the time, but the idea that a guy like Ginning is so terrible that he's been playing on national teams and in the men's professional league because the coaches are too dumb to realize it and then he was drafted in the second round because a whole different set of coaches is just stupid and the truth lies on message boards of people that claim to watch him regularly is just silly.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Lmao at deriding voting for Ginning as the team’s 20th best prospect by comparing him to a guy who has played 153 NHL games at age 24.

Face it. This is really about not liking his style of play rather than evaluating his NHL future.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Of course they do. And I'm sure that when watching these games they are taking notes and watching and reviewing tape and comparing it to their experiences of watching hockey on TV and playing rec-league hockey for years. I know you are doing schtick when you categorize my argument as "coaches are infallible." Of course coaches make mistakes, it happens all the time, but the idea that a guy like Ginning is so terrible that he's been playing on national teams and in the men's professional league because the coaches are too dumb to realize it and then he was drafted in the second round because a whole different set of coaches is just stupid and the truth lies on message boards of people that claim to watch him regularly is just silly.

Of course a Swedish coach doesn't care where Ginning was drafted. Where was that argued? If I missed it, fair enough.

What I've seen is people using it to point to stickiness from an organizational hierarchy standpoint and as evidence to vote him higher in polls, which you correctly criticized others doing for Morin. So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Of course a Swedish coach doesn't care where Ginning was drafted. Where was that argued? If I missed it, fair enough.

What I've seen is people using it to point to stickiness from an organizational hierarchy standpoint and as evidence to vote him higher in polls, which you correctly criticized others doing for Morin. So which is it? Can't have it both ways.
First off, I have not voted for Ginning so I am not really defending him. It is more the mindset on here when a player is unpopular (or popular but is not used in a popular way) it os ALWAYS stupid coaches/GMs/scouts that can't see the truth or refuse to acknowledge the truth. Gus, Hagg, Morin, Ginning, probably NAK when he doesn't make the team, and so forth and so on.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kalynuk is going to have a big season offensively in 2019-2020 and he’ll crack the top 10 of this list next summer as a result. Even though, he’s arguably a top 10(ish) prospect in the system already.

At 22 years old, Kalynuk should have a big season if he is anything close to a top 10 prospect.
In his third college season, Kalynuk has yet to show anything that makes him better than Friedman.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
First off, I have not voted for Ginning so I am not really defending him. It is more the mindset on here when a player is unpopular (or popular but is not used in a popular way) it os ALWAYS stupid coaches/GMs/scouts that can't see the truth or refuse to acknowledge the truth. Gus, Hagg, Morin, Ginning, probably NAK when he doesn't make the team, and so forth and so on.

Oh I see what you're saying. People in general are too reactionary and lash out at the easy target.

Yeah, I wouldn't boo Andrew Luck either. Glad we agree.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Every good prospect = OVERRATED! FAN FAVORITE! HOMERS!

Every bad prospect = UNDERRATED! FAN SCAPEGOAT! HATERS!

Because obviously nobody watches these players and likes them because they're good or dislikes them because they're bad. We decide by picking names out of a hat. :laugh:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
This is what i'm hoping for . My biggest reason that i'm a Flyers fan is over the years they have employed quite a few Manitoba players . Right now we have Sanheim , Patrick and Provorov played junior here for two years . If Kalynuk and Allison worked there way on to the team that would be fantastic . All of these players were selected by Hextall who was from here so he had a soft spot for them . I'm thinking Fletecher will look more Minnesota as we had two this past draft .

The Winnipeg Jets , i cheer for cause of proximity but they won't draft Manitobans if their life depended on it and it pisses me off to no end .

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Every good prospect = OVERRATED! FAN FAVORITE! HOMERS!

Every bad prospect = UNDERRATED! FAN SCAPEGOAT! HATERS!

Because obviously nobody watches these players and likes them because they're good or dislikes them because they're bad. We decide by picking names out of a hat. :laugh:
I don't see it this way Striker . I look at people's comments , posts , likes etc and i just use it to identify what style of player they like . People have preferences and that's the style of player they migrate to and that's prefectly fine .

All this said we are just bloggers and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't get worked up about someone having an complete opposite opinion of a player or prospect and quite often add imo of the end of statements .
I will also add this : i'm 99 percent sure our worst prospect on here is a better hockey player than anyone of us bloggers ever were so i try to stay away from saying they are crap cause they are still way better than i ever was .

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't see it this way Striker . I look at people's comments , posts , likes etc and i just use it to identify what style of player they like . People have preferences and that's the style of player they migrate to and that's prefectly fine .

All this said we are just bloggers and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't get worked up about someone having an complete opposite opinion of a player or prospect and quite often add imo of the end of statements .
I will also add this : i'm 99 percent sure our worst prospect on here is a better hockey player than anyone of us bloggers ever were so i try to stay away from saying they are crap cause they are still way better than i ever was .
Don’t worry, that post wasn’t directed at you.

It was a recap of the mentality of one specific individual on here, who always tries to spin the same narratives.

Reactions: wasup

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

All data is evidence, some better than others.
Repeatedly replaying a GIF of a mistake of a 19 year old doesn't increase its evidentiary value.

However, it is hard to imagine that Ginning made Swedish international teams or played in the SHL at 18 by default, Sweden isn't say Germany or Switzerland, where the depth of talent is limited, I'm sure there's a fairly large supply of talented young defensemen who could have been used instead. So the Swedish coaches must see something they like in him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hak really must have fit in well in Sweden during his visit.

He loves horrible defensemen and the Swedish coaches apparently do too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00