10. O'Brien, Jay - 38%
11. Zamula, Yegor - 41%
12. Hogberg, Linus - 27%
13. Laczynski, Tanner - 43%
14. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 33%
15. Kalynuk, Wyatt - 42%
16. Cates, Noah - 41%
17. Kase, David - 26%
18. Friedman, Mark - 20% (RUNOFF winner)
19. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas (36%)

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I went Ginning here .
I know he is not the popular pick here by a few but he has room to improve and we can't have just a bunch of the same type of D men we need a mix .
From the reports i got from the insiders i have is St Ivany was a turn over machine trying to do to much with the puck at development camp . His skills were pretty good but the brain was not keeping up with the speed coming at him .
Plus i do not know enough about some of the remaining prospects that might be close , Millman , Attard , Yegor , so Ginning it is .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would go Attard over Ginning b/c he's just about as big, RHD, and has a potential scoring touch that's rare among D-men.
But I'm not sure either is better than Millman. Or Wylie for that matter, who probably has a slight edge over St Ivany.

At forward I'd probably go Bunnaman first, Laberge, Twarynski, Sushko and Strome.

That's ten players that you could probably throw into a hat and choose in any order.
None right now look like a top 9, top 4 candidate, but all have a shot as a bottom of the roster player.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
bunny_01.jpg

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The hierarchy of the NHL????

C > RHD > LHD > RW/LW

For the the love of Kurtis Foster, Pavel Kubina, Bruno Gervais, Luke Schenn, and Christian Folin please just vote the right-handed defenseman you favor most on the list.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The hierarchy of the NHL????

C > RHD > LHD > RW/LW

For the the love of Kurtis Foster, Pavel Kubina, Bruno Gervais, Luke Schenn, and Christian Folin please just vote the right-handed defenseman you favor most on the list.
Jack St. Ivany

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I would go Attard over Ginning b/c he's just about as big, RHD, and has a potential scoring touch that's rare among D-men.
But I'm not sure either is better than Millman. Or Wylie for that matter, who probably has a slight edge over St Ivany.

At forward I'd probably go Bunnaman first, Laberge, Twarynski, Sushko and Strome.

That's ten players that you could probably throw into a hat and choose in any order.
None right now look like a top 9, top 4 candidate, but all have a shot as a bottom of the roster player.
Ginning is a year younger than Attard & 6 months younger than St. Ivany.
Ginning has played prominent roles on D for Sweden on a number of international teams. Think Attard would ever have made Team Sweden?
The bias against him is over-the-top.

Reactions: dats81 and Larry44

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ginning is our worst D prospect.

Voting for him over Attard, who was just voted as the best defensemen in the USHL while setting records, is comical.

Reactions: RANKKA

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ginning is our worst D prospect.

Voting for him over Attard, who was just voted as the best defensemen in the USHL while setting records, is comical.

And how many international games has Attard played?

Ginning is a year younger & has played around 70 international games.

Not to mention Ginning has 88 games in Sweden’s top professional men’s league at age 19.

But tell me about Attard’s 19 y/o season in the USHL.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So let’s vote for the kid who projects to be TJ Brennan instead of regular NHLer Hagg.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Think of how bad Hagg is and then remember that he was a much better prospect than Ginning at the same points in their careers.

Players don't just magically develop brains or hands.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What? Get a grip my man. We all have our own opinion but 31st or worse is just flat out wrong.
He has size, draft position, and nothing else. That’s not good enough in 2019 and beyond. Like a bigger and somehow less skilled version of Hagg.

We have enough other prospects who are long shots, but actually have a few decent aspects of their game which give them a >1% chance of becoming an NHL player. I’d bet on them becoming more well rounded before I bet on Ginning developing adequate hands or a brain.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad