Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I’d like to see Tampa Bay have to offer up a premium piece to unload the last year of Callahan’s deal. Something like Sergachev and Callahan for our 2nd would be nice. More realistically, it’d be Gus instead of our 2nd. I view Sergachev as similar value (probably a little higher IMO) to where Teuvo was when we traded him with Bickell.

I still think Sergachev has top-pairing potential, has good size and physicality, and is left handed. I think he plays RD. Not sure if he could play both. A Boqvist-Sergachev future top pairing would be funny to see as both players have been known to play on their off-hand side. This is if we draft Turcotte at #3. If we take Byram at #3, I’d try to get Cirelli for taking on Callahan’s last year.

Keep dreaming. I would eat my underpants if Tampa Bay sent Sergachev to dump Cally.

Pick 27? Maybe

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looks like Leafs found themselves a fool to fix some of the cap issues

Rob Blake is a terrible GM who is trying his best to bail out Leafs to reunite a 39 yr old fading star with his old coach

Blake probably wont even ask for a top asset

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
well i am hoping this is ok to use this thread as a place to post this.

Exploring a trade for Nikita

Chicago Blackhawks: Exploring a trade for Nikita Zaitsev

ideas for trading for Artem Anisimov

Chicago Blackhawks: Three trade proposals for Artem Anisimov

That Zaitsev article is ?????...Hawks need help but did they forget all the picks the Hawks spent on that position the last 3 years...help is coming, its like some fans forget we’re not icing last years defense on next year’s team

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That Zaitsev article is ?????...Hawks need help but did they forget all the picks the Hawks spent on that position the last 3 years...help is coming, its like some fans forget we’re not icing last years defense on next year’s team
i was really undecided on the proposal .... at first i thought what the hell was the thought process esp with the thread on the main board about Zaitsev.

then i am thinking if this is a salary dump and the rtn is not huge maybe it might be worth the trade.

just my thought process and prob over thinking things as i usually do. lol

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

I think most people know that help is on the way, having said that Joker was with the hawks last year for about half the season and to be honest unless you know something I don't besides the fact that Stan stated he is planning on making changes on the back end; the defence this upcoming season at this point it is going to be very, very similar to that of last year...

last year

Keith
murphy
kookoo
seabrook
gus
dahlstrom
joker
forsling

what we know coming back next year thus far is

Keith
murphy
kookoo
seabrook
gus
dahlstrom
joker

(maybe forsling but he is an RFA that is still in limbo)

guys that could make a difference include;

Hillman
Krys
Carlsson
FA
guys via trade....

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I think most people know that help is on the way, having said that Joker was with the hawks last year for about half the season and to be honest unless you know something I don't besides the fact that Stan stated he is planning on making changes on the back end; the defence this upcoming season at this point it is going to be very, very similar to that of last year...

last year

Keith
murphy
kookoo
seabrook
gus
dahlstrom
joker
forsling

what we know coming back next year thus far is

Keith
murphy
kookoo
seabrook
gus
dahlstrom
joker

(maybe forsling but he is an RFA that is still in limbo)

guys that could make a difference include;

Hillman
Krys
Carlsson
FA
guys via trade....

I expect Gilbert to be in the mix as well, and most likely to make the roster out of the fringe guys.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Look
.at some point SOME the draft INVESTMENTS Stan and Kelley have made building depth in the D-pipeline MUST pay dividends by helping us in the show and we CANNOT seek other more expensive "solutions" off other teams while depressing chances of our own kids to come in and take spots..this would be insanity as it would then DEMAND STAN and Kelley be fored as incompetent drafters of Dmen...Nd guys who WASTED our drFts..we simply should not look for more expense band-aids on D from other teams ...it is philosophically wrong g to stifle the paths of our soon to come pipeline d-aid to block their paths because of No Room At The Inn because we have loaded with too many NHL vets.

Rather the focus should be to improve the bottom2 line forwards with Competent NHL vets who can actually check somebody and help on a miserable pk..

In this regard we should look at bro hing back Michael Frolik who CGY wants to shed for cap reasons.. his cap hit is $4.3 but his salary is just $3million on his 1yr remaining deal ..

He would help our bottom 6 and be good on the pk...

It would be like a 1yr rental unless he is willing to extend for a more reasonable cap hit as a bottom 6 role player..He has a limited NTC ...so maybe he would agree to come back to Chicago? WE would be helping CGY with their cap issues so I do not think they e oect a lot back in any trade...maybe a 2020 3rd rounder and a conditional 4th rounder for 2021 if Frolik signs an extention with us..or a prospect from our pipeline that probably do not see making our lineup..

Whatever..it should not cost us much to get him..

Frolik was the best Czech player at the WHC...not asking him to take a top 2 line role ..but he could fill up there if we get an injury to a top 6 winger.

Rather have Frokik than John Hayden marginal NHLer types we keep putting h I the lineup on the 4th line.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Look
.at some point SOME the draft INVESTMENTS Stan and Kelley have made building depth in the D-pipeline MUST pay dividends by helping us in the show and we CANNOT seek other more expensive "solutions" off other teams while depressing chances of our own kids to come in and take spots..this would be insanity as it would then DEMAND STAN and Kelley be fored as incompetent drafters of Dmen...Nd guys who WASTED our drFts..we simply should not look for more expense band-aids on D from other teams ...it is philosophically wrong g to stifle the paths of our soon to come pipeline d-aid to block their paths because of No Room At The Inn because we have loaded with too many NHL vets.

Rather the focus should be to improve the bottom2 line forwards with Competent NHL vets who can actually check somebody and help on a miserable pk..

In this regard we should look at bro hing back Michael Frolik who CGY wants to shed for cap reasons.. his cap hit is $4.3 but his salary is just $3million on his 1yr remaining deal ..

He would help our bottom 6 and be good on the pk...

It would be like a 1yr rental unless he is willing to extend for a more reasonable cap hit as a bottom 6 role player..He has a limited NTC ...so maybe he would agree to come back to Chicago? WE would be helping CGY with their cap issues so I do not think they e oect a lot back in any trade...maybe a 2020 3rd rounder and a conditional 4th rounder for 2021 if Frolik signs an extention with us..or a prospect from our pipeline that probably do not see making our lineup..

Whatever..it should not cost us much to get him..

Frolik was the best Czech player at the WHC...not asking him to take a top 2 line role ..but he could fill up there if we get an injury to a top 6 winger.

Rather have Frokik than John Hayden marginal NHLer types we keep putting h I the lineup on the 4th line.

A fourth line of say like Caggiula-Kampf-Frolik should be significantly more impactful than Boston’s fourth line. At least on-paper.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
my whole point, with ref to Zaitsev, is how talented is he. judgement with vs Murph.

the second point is how much is it worth to Tor to do this salary dump, as i mention in the org post. Tor wants to ease their cap and well they will need to pony up for a team to take on Zaitsev and his salary.

the next point is for 1 yr this will solidify the d-men even if its on the rhd position.

lastly in the future, trade bait.

so here is my question, who is the better Zaitsev or Murph ??

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Kings are truly rebuilding I wonder if they would make Doughty available?

Maybe offer them a Jokiharju , Perlini , Kayumov , 2020 1st and 2021 1st and see what they think. I love Joker but to land a 29 yr old Norris winner signed longterm it would be worth it. Not sure Kings would view that as enough futures and I was looking at our forward group to see if I could throw someone in there but well we are pretty thin for impact talent up front with our youth on NHL roster in Debrincat , Strome and Kahun

Add Doughty as our big OMG splash move and then Draft Byram

In a year or two

Byram-Doughty
Keith-Boqvist
Beaudin-Murphy

Seabrook bought out and then Murphy departs as UFA when his contract is up and Keith when he retires has Beaudin hopefully slot into 2nd pairing

For this coming season

Keith-Doughty
Byram-Murphy (I think Byram can step into NHL role this coming year)
Gus-KFC (If you can move Gus for 1st you do it and then sign Forsling to a prove it deal and slot him on 3rd pair)
Spare parts

I know ,, Its all not going to happen but until this SCF is over we wont see much activity around league and thus me and countless others will just do even more Capfriendly scenario's

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No way I pay that for Doughty. Rather pay EK and keep the other assets if we’re looking to gamble

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
EK is falling apart

Doughty is a douchebag but only 29 and will have many good years ahead

He is also a far better defender then EK

Rather go after big fish and give up a lot of assets then trade assets for overrated , soon to be overpaid and always injured Trouba or signing EK as FA

If you want major upgrade on D this offseason you will need to spend assets via trade to get it

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
EK is falling apart

Doughty is a *****ebag but only 29 and will have many good years ahead

He is also a far better defender then EK

Rather go after big fish and give up a lot of assets then trade assets for overrated , soon to be overpaid and always injured Trouba or signing EK as FA

I’m with you on Trouba and EK. Just saying between the two options I prefer keeping the picks/HJ, signing EK and using that to acquire a comparable forward. HJ and one 1st and it becomes more appealing

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Kapanen & Horton for Gus+? What would be the +? Gus' peanuts salary is a huge plus, but his looming UFA status is a major negative. What will Kapanen's next contract look like?

As much as the Donkey Kong line tickles me, I think Cat-Strome-Kapanen could be dynamite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad