2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Stars are gonna take off soon . They need to get that taste of blood in there mouth . It sucks that they’ve started out so bad but it happens and it’s better it happens now than when there in a playoff race . It is so frustrating to watch though . Look at San Jose , there doing just as bad and I doubt many believe they won’t make the playoffs.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Stars are gonna take off soon . They need to get that taste of blood in there mouth . It sucks that they’ve started out so bad but it happens and it’s better it happens now than when there in a playoff race . It is so frustrating to watch though . Look at San Jose , there doing just as bad and I doubt many believe they won’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: Bfantz

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Recall Hitch or possibly Tippet benched Mo and Zubie against Boston early one year, and it was generally credited with the players giving up on the coach. They apparently react badly to a coach embarrassing a team leader. So, Monty would probably have 20 more players quit on him.

Not the answer, no matter how satisfying it might seem. Sort of like yelling at your kids, doesn't usually get the results you want.

I feel ya and you could be right. Thing is...do players not see what we see? Are we imagining things with Benn? It should be a move to say no one is untouchable so I would be pretty pissed if all the players took it personally.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
So be it. Jamie doesn't make the calls, Montgomery does. If he's going to be that immature, let management figure it out.

Take off towards Byfield or Lafreniere? Is that what you mean because that's the direction this team is headed with this abysmal head coach and Pavelski plus Benn being the two worst players on the club. This is getting ugly and adding Perry to an already slow lineup isn't going to magically make this team a winner.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars system is garbage anyway might as well not practise it since its shit. Maybe the coaching staff is coming up with some new stuff on the fly thats not shit hopefully ?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They’ve had ONE practice? What the f***?

No wonder the PP is dogshit. They literally think they can go out there and outskill their opponents.

What the f*** is Monty thinking by not holding these?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also no wonder Pavs looks horrible. He isn’t a skill guy. He probably has no chemistry at all with anyone. And you can only build so much of that during games.

Same with the role on the half-boards. Someone should be out that practicing that several times a week.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Who in this organization honestly thinks that not practicing is the key to success?

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Typically when there is a game every other day there is no practice in between games, this isnt really anything new. The Stars don't have a 2 day break in between games until after Game 11

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’ve seen some people get on the blame Monty and Nill train, but I’m not ready to hop on that quite yet. I think our roster on paper this year is the best it’s been in a long time. Most of the blame from me is going towards the likes of Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, Radulov, and Klingberg. This is our core and for the most part they look bad. I’m not blaming Monty on this because as much as a system and coaching does matter in the NHL Monty isn’t telling these guys to go out there and coast. There is a reason why we invested half our cap in these guys because they are proven players now all are on track for career worse seasons.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
I’ve seen some people get on the blame Monty and Nill train, but I’m not ready to hop on that quite yet. I think our roster on paper this year is the best it’s been in a long time. Most of the blame from me is going towards the likes of Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, Radulov, and Klingberg. This is our core and for the most part they look bad. I’m not blaming Monty on this because as much as a system and coaching does matter in the NHL Monty isn’t telling these guys to go out there and coast. There is a reason why we invested half our cap in these guys because they are proven players now all are on track for career worse seasons.
So Monty is a great coach but most players are suddenly coasting and don't care at all? yeah that is surely more realistic

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Caamano was good in his time up here and brought good speed and energy but nothing will get Dowling sent down

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know that Perry is close but what i don't get is why two guys are send down right now.

Honestly Dowling needs to go through waivers and the coaching staff likes him. He's not getting send down even if he should.

It does make sense why Gardner stays over Caamano because he's playing a ton of PK minutes.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I don't get the Caamano move. I'm apparently watching a completely different game than what the coaches see. Caamano has looked the best to me out of all the borderline AHL/NHL guys. Dowling is worthless but Monty loves him so he will never get sent down.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nill won't send Dowling down because Dowling has to go through waivers. Even though there's pretty much zero risk of Dowling getting picked up off of waivers (not to mention no real loss if he was claimed), Nill doesn't ever expose anyone to waivers unless he wants the player gone. Nill cares more about keeping the rights to a guy like Dowling than he cares about keeping the best players on the NHL roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad