2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Two more games and we are half way through the season good time to look at player production or if you are a member of the Dallas Stars the lack of production.

We have three players pacing to score 20 goals (barely) in Seguin, Radulov, and Hintz.

Benn and Pavelski pacing to give us 15 goals a piece for a cheap 16.500M or 20% of the cap.

This is insane for such a highly paid cast. It makes it feel as though a rebuild is coming sooner or later with this much cap doing this little.

Denis "Bust" Gurianov is on a 20+ goal pace.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is it just me, or is Perry a more consistently dangerous player than Pavelski offensively?

The powerplay struggling the way it did for such a long time though obviously didn't help Pavelski's numbers. Pretty sure he doesn't have a deflection goal yet this season

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is it just me, or is Perry a more consistently dangerous player than Pavelski offensively?

Pavs doesn’t produce offense by looking dangerous, to be fair. That’s never been his style.

Despite his age, I could see Pavs improving in each of his years here in Dallas as he builds chemistry and gets more adjusted to the PP here.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

The powerplay struggling the way it did for such a long time though obviously didn't help Pavelski's numbers. Pretty sure he doesn't have a deflection goal yet this season
Perry definitely creates more momentum with his ability to get pucks to the front of the net . I think pavelski could have had a bunch of goals early in the year but his deflections just weren’t going in . I’d like to see them stick with him infront if the net , there gonna go in eventually.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seems Bones doesn't like Hintz which is unfortunate.

Or Hintz has been nursing an injury and Bowness has been limiting his ice time to prevent him from further injuring it. Last game could simply be an anomaly.

Too small of a sample size to make a claim like this.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Or Hintz has been nursing an injury and Bowness has been limiting his ice time to prevent him from further injuring it. Last game could simply be an anomaly.

Too small of a sample size to make a claim like this.

When a coach refuses to play you in the third period it's more likely he didnt like your game than giving you a rest for an injury.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d rather see Hintz for 12 minutes at blazing speed than 17 minutes average speed. When he’s not flying he’s not dangerous so I want him going full force.

Reactions: Blindsummit

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Its really looking like this should be our best line up...

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Gurianov-Hintz-Pavelski
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Janmark-Dickinson-Perry

I know when we have off nights or flat patches there will be some juggles but i really hope we try to stick to some consistant lines for a 5 to 6 game stretch mimimum, let all players build their familiarity down the stretch.

I think an underrated impact of our low scoring is probably too much juggling to find the right mix ever since monty started. Might take some patience on nights with low spark, but as we head to the stretch and hopefully a deep playoff run i think we need lines that have 30+ games together rest of the way.

Thoughts?

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Its really looking like this should be our best line up...

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Gurianov-Hintz-Pavelski
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Janmark-Dickinson-Perry

I know when we have off nights or flat patches there will be some juggles but i really hope we try to stick to some consistant lines for a 5 to 6 game stretch mimimum, let all players build their familiarity down the stretch.

I think an underrated impact of our low scoring is probably too much juggling to find the right mix ever since monty started. Might take some patience on nights with low spark, but as we head to the stretch and hopefully a deep playoff run i think we need lines that have 30+ games together rest of the way.

Thoughts?
I believe you are right. Those are the lines we should roll with.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Should be Heiskanen but Seguin has come alive lately so it's not surprising I suppose that they took the guy leading the team in points and recent production

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dude Perfect hockey trick shot video: NBC Sports has partnered with trick shot extraordinaire group Dude Perfect ahead of this year’s Winter Classic. Today at 6 p.m. ET, Dude Perfect will release a hockey trick shot video on their YouTube channel which features Stars players Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn.

Mike Tirico to interview members of 1999 Stanley Cup Champion Stars team: Tirico will interview members of 1999 Stanley Cup Champion Stars team on-site during intermission of coverage on NBC. The Cup marks the only championship for the franchise.

Tim Layden feature on Cotton Bowl: NBC Sports journalist Tim Layden takes viewers through the history of the Cotton Bowl, highlighting the notable sporting and cultural events that have taken place in the confines of the illustrious stadium.

NBC SPORTS PRESENTS 2020 BRIDGESTONE NHL WINTER CLASSIC® FEATURING STARS & PREDATORS AT COTTON BOWL ON NEW YEAR’S DAY AT 1 P.M. ET ON NBC

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Jamie Benn has apparently been the Stars 2nd best player this season. Perron or Makar should win that voting pretty easily

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Happy for Miro to get a week off to be honest.

His minutes wont be easing up in the 2nd half and even though the All star game isnt exactly taxing, i like the thought of Miro being rested.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Boy if we can win the winter classic we really have an oppurtunity to set our season up in the next week.

Detroit at home then a california swing.

Thats 4 matches against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the league.

Go in as favourite and should win all of those 4 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce