2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
EMhLcGQWwAIqqqa

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
What do you guys think about kovalchuk?At a league minimum I wouldn’t mind it . He is probably better than janmark and we could use another right handed half wall guy for the pp .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What do you guys think about kovalchuk?At a league minimum I wouldn’t mind it . He is probably better than janmark and we could use another right handed half wall guy for the pp .

Kings got better when he was banished . Don't think he is still good enough for the NHL. Maybe he can still contribute on the PP but the rest ? Massive liablity . Wasn't even good at the 2018 Olympics for the rag team team of russian players or whatever it was called. He won MVP but i don't think he was good . He's pretty done.

Kovalchuk is buddies with Rads but i have my doubt he would work here or well anywhere at this point.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kings got better when he was banished . Don't think he is still good enough for the NHL. Maybe he can still contribute on the PP but the rest ? Massive liablity . Wasn't even good at the 2018 Olympics for the rag team team of russian players or whatever it was called. He won MVP but i don't think he was good . He's pretty done.

Kovalchuk is buddies with Rads but i have my doubt he would work here or well anywhere at this point.
Idk , I would like to see him on a decent team . Dallas might not be the place but I do think on a team that he can just be a bonus player to a group thats already having success , he might do well . Pittsburgh or Boston would probably be the best place for him . If he came to Dallas though , I do think he would be a better option than janmark or dowling .
Benn seguin perry
Kovy hintz radz
Dicky pav gury
Would be a deep top 9 .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If we didn’t already have a ton of slow guys I’d give Kovy a chance. At this point he’s only good for scoring and he’d likely allow more goals than he creates.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk , I would like to see him on a decent team . Dallas might not be the place but I do think on a team that he can just be a bonus player to a group thats already having success , he might do well . Pittsburgh or Boston would probably be the best place for him . If he came to Dallas though , I do think he would be a better option than janmark or dowling .
Benn seguin perry
Kovy hintz radz
Dicky pav gury
Would be a deep top 9 .

I would certainly not put Kovy in the top6 anymore. Hide him for very little minutes on the 4th line ( double shift someone in his place often if you have to for defensive shifts ) and play him a ton on the PP . Anything else ? At this points he's awful for it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yikes. Looking at January 1 weather, and at least 50% chance of rain, high of 52. Good temp, bad weather. Doesn't seem like DFW ever gets a weather break for big events.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars are clearly intend on keeping Zubie around now that they have they chance to do so . We'll see what develops longterm with that.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Two more games and we are half way through the season good time to look at player production or if you are a member of the Dallas Stars the lack of production.

We have three players pacing to score 20 goals (barely) in Seguin, Radulov, and Hintz.

Benn and Pavelski pacing to give us 15 goals a piece for a cheap 16.500M or 20% of the cap.

This is insane for such a highly paid cast. It makes it feel as though a rebuild is coming sooner or later with this much cap doing this little.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Two more games and we are half way through the season good time to look at player production or if you are a member of the Dallas Stars the lack of production.

We have three players pacing to score 20 goals (barely) in Seguin, Radulov, and Hintz.

Benn and Pavelski pacing to give us 15 goals a piece for a cheap 16.500M or 20% of the cap.

This is insane for such a highly paid cast. It makes it feel as though a rebuild is coming sooner or later with this much cap doing this little.

Pretty sure Gurianov will score 20 goals. He started the season terrible but he's one of the most dangerous players one the team for a while now. He's also a volume shooter unlike Roope.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Pretty sure Gurianov will score 20 goals. He started the season terrible but he's one of the most dangerous forwards of the team for a while now. He's also a volume shooter unlike Roope.

I sure hope so. At the start of the season I figured it was reasonable to expect 30 from Seguin, Pavelski, and Radulov with 20 from Benn and Hintz. We need a guy like Guri to step up and he has been.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I sure hope so. At the start of the season I figured it was reasonable to expect 30 from Seguin, Pavelski, and Radulov with 20 from Benn and Hintz. We need a guy like Guri to step up and he has been.

I think Seguin can still get to 30 . He's gotten hot lately and he finally is really noticeably dangerous every game again. Rads and hopefully Hintz will get there as well. Benn and Pavelski ? Might be difficult . Benn seems more likely to me than Pavelski because Benn randomly can get hot and have a good strech for 5-6 games every once in a while. Pavelski meh. At least he doesn't hurt the team and does other things too.

They should also have more double digit goal scorers and only one of those will be a defenseman this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad