Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
View attachment 225667

We will be fine for next season cap wise
We will need to move Miller or Moore for cap space...if we can’t unload Backes

We will most likely trade Miller and Keep Moore

Because Moore will be kept so he can go to Seattle in 20-21 in the expansion draft

I could see Krug traded if they win the cup and can’t agree to an extension this summer but if we don’t win the cup Krug is staying

And I still think Backes could be moved to a salary floor team having already been paid 23 of his 30 million

If we can move Backes we would have 10 million to play with and could bring back Mojo or sign someone for Krejci or Bergeron wing if they don’t trust the kids

I think we have to be careful about only passing on part information because even though you and I and some here would know... there are a lot of people that are very casual about the info they collect and then become very vocal about the opinions they make about their partical and incorrect info.

you show a cap friendly graph with 22 roster players and say we are fine with the cap... but you {capfriendlly} doesnt include performance bonus in this post and doesnt seem to add the Seidenberg bonus money... and honestly there will be a minimum of 23 contracts on the cap most nights {theres more chance of 24 than 22 to be honest}

add over 1 mill for Seidenberg... around 800 k for the 23rd man... as much as 2 mill for bonuses...

you are also a little ambitious just automatically assuming McAvoy would take less on a bridge. you might be right, but id like to see some proof before I buy in

we do agree that 2.5 mill is a lot for a bottom pair dman that can be replaced by Clifton now. I see him most likely among our vets to be moved.

we shall have to see where the other dominoes fall

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
add over 1 mill for Seidenberg... around 800 k for the 23rd man... as much as 2 mill for bonuses...

CapFriendly ALWAYS includes buyouts even in arm-chair GM mode Michael. It's not on the screen capture the poster provided. It's always right at the very top of the page on CapFriendly and although it doesn't show at the bottom (as in the screen capture posted) it is calculated in.

As for performance bonuses, you warned us all year long how it was going to effect the cap this year. Where are they Mike?

I'm not sure why you needed to create a second cap thread. I thought this one was going to be about the rfa compensation, which was already in another thread. But here we are again.

This is the top of CapFriendly page in GM mode. It is calculated my friend!!
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
CapFriendly ALWAYS includes buyouts even in arm-chair GM mode Michael. It's not on the screen capture the poster provided. It's always right at the very top of the page on CapFriendly and although it doesn't show at the bottom (as in the screen capture posted) it is calculated in.

As for performance bonuses, you warned us all year long how it was going to effect the cap this year. Where are they Mike?

I'm not sure why you needed to create a second cap thread. I thought this one was going to be about the rfa compensation, which was already in another thread. But here we are again.

This is the top of CapFriendly page in GM mode. It is calculated my friend!!View attachment 226197

View attachment 226197

I guess what I said is it has to be factored in... a team cant spend money twice... I said if we went out and added that big contract many people said they wanted, that it would bleed into next year

so... they didnt add that big contract right?
so... all year long people complained about sleeping sweeny right?

I warned the masses that the cap needed to be managed... and it was? is that right dom?

I might need you to pull up a post where I said that all is lost... the ship is going down... women and children first... I know you get pretty damn touchy when I comment about the cap so I apolgoize for stepping on your toes. you certainly have warned me many times in the past I shouldnt be interested in this

honestly on partial screen caps I get a little confused. if I do, I feel others might too. thanks for clarifying for us although I wonder if you could have done that without taking a shot at me? the op was saying we are fine but thats based on his assumption of an 83 mill cap ceiling and a 5 mill McAvoy contract. and it ignores the performance bonus effect and has us with a 22 man roster

I will stand by my concerns that perhaps we are not giving this issue enough concern. I also, have said we can probably keep backes and be ok... so maybe I too am too hopeful. I was swayed by your optimism about the cap but now we see people like Elliot friedman say he is hearing that playoff revenues are down with the big markets eliminated so early.

is an 83 mill cap still a realistic target? I have always said the owners estimate too high. that ultimately the players get several 100m clawed back in escrow. you dont dispute that do you? in fact if the players didnt agree to the escalator which is an artificial adjustment to the cap... the cap hasnt really grown for quite some time has it?

dont get me wrong... I understand why players that want a new contract will want the escalator... so chances are it will be in effect again this year. but the nhl just assumes it will be when they predict a higher cap. even they admit it wont go as high if the players arent willing to cooperate.

the extra money that allows the cap to go up... is money that is contracted to the players. its a result of the cap being a scale. the upper limit being set higher than 50% of hrr.

the truth is the scale should be more narrow to reflect true spending patterns... the top of the cap needs to come down because 50% of hrr wont cover all the checks being promised. this isnt a problem of just 1 team... its a league problem.

if they decide to correct it or if the players with signed contracts stop covering the overspending... then all the capped out teams will be caught in the meat grinder

so... boston can just go blindly into the sunset and spend every freaking dollar they are 'legally' entitled... or like smart money managers they will try to prepare for a rainy day.

performance balances... over limit rosters... potential trade deadline deeds... players not going in on the escalator... playoff revenues being down.. a weaker canadian dollar... and other such factors... plus all teams wanting to keep some cap unused...

its a complex issue and even guys being paid 6 figures as cap experts working for a team still make mistakes. I like {enjoy} chatting about it but lets keep ourselves humble here. if the capologists are having a hard time managing the cap there is a reason. its ok if we make the odd mistake too

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I warned the masses that the cap needed to be managed... and it was? is that right dom?

is an 83 mill cap still a realistic target? I have always said the owners estimate too high. if the capologists are having a hard time managing the cap there is a reason. its ok if we make the odd mistake too

I don't have the energy to respond to all this so I'll pick these. Some of the other stuff I don't even know how to respond to.

1) You warned the cap needed to be managed? Warned you say? It's as obvious as the sky is blue Mike so I am not sure why you needed to warn anyone. Ever since the cap came into existent, show me one case where the cap wasn't managed?

2) The owners don't set the cap Mike. The NHLPA and the NHL do.

3) I don't need to go back and find your old posts. You made enough of them "warning" about cap overages and the bonus overages. Guess what. They managed the cap. Where are these huge bonus overages you warned us about?

You have this thing about being right and wrong. It comes up a lot Mike.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't have the energy to respond to all this so I'll pick these. Some of the other stuff I don't even know how to respond to.

1) You warned the cap needed to be managed? Warned you say? It's as obvious as the sky is blue Mike so I am not sure why you needed to warn anyone. Ever since the cap came into existent, show me one case where the cap wasn't managed?

3) I don't need to go back and find your old posts. You made enough of them "warning" about cap overages and the bonus overages. Guess what. They managed the cap. Where are these huge bonus overages you warned us about?

:) thanks dom

the warnings were never intended for you... wish you didnt take it so personal when someone dared speak about this with others. as always, we value your contributions and feel free to point out when im wrong. I have always admitted this is a complex thing and even the paid pros get it wrong

youve gotten it wrong too... but lets not talk about that
as for me... I like to keep score and if I bat over 50% im pretty happy

I do think being right and wrong is interesting... I do keep score... and I admit im wrong tons of time... it isnt anything I care about really.

argue politics... someone is wrong
argue religion... someone is wrong
argue where the new road should be built... someone is wrong

honest to god dom... its ok to be wrong

I dont have a paid job here where I might be fired for being wrong
its a god damn forum where we come to have fun... lighten up... have some fun

and when im wrong about the cap... feel free to jump in and take another shot at me
im a big boy... I can take it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I will answer your questions
1/teams have been forced to dress as little as 17 skaters... teams have had to ferry guys back and forth to ahl on off days... teams have had penalties go into next season, become vulnurable to rfa offers, and have even lost players due to not managing the cap... fans continue to throw out plans to have 21/22 players on a roster... spend to every cent of the ceiling while still having bonuses... and etc etc...

sorry you didnt pay enough attention to get this... I will continue to try to warn people about issues like this for as long as they continue to pop up on a weekly basis

2/thanks... but lets focus on issues that actually might be important to people playing armchair gm at home... I do personally thank you for educating me cause its important I know its the nhlpa and the nhl. thank you for helping me on this

3/I guess the bruins have had spill over bonus quite often in recent years...
wow... omg dom... wow... anyhow im sure they are trying not to have more now... they have a pro hired to help them... I just say wow because maybe you didnt know it has happened a few times in recent year? really? you didnt know? it seems when you chastise me for mentioning it, you are saying it doesnt happen? is that why you wanted to chastise me for mentioning it? because you are saying it didnt happen several times in recent years?

I doubt thats why you are chastising me. I think you did know... but be careful what you say or it can come across that you didnt know. it migth come across you are trying to discredit me and possibly censor my right to speak on this matter

as always I hope we are friends
I value your help you have given me on understanding these things over the past few years

its fun for me

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Our guys

McAvoy 6x 6.5mill
Krug 6x6mill
Carlo 6x4mill
Heinen 4x3mill
Debrusk 4x3.75mill

I wonder how much Anders Lee would cost. Seems like he fits the Bruins Mold. 6x6.5mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Lee-Krejci-Coyle
Debrusk-Studnicka-Pastrnak
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

Miller and Backes moved to clear cap space

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Our guys

McAvoy 6x 6.5mill
Krug 6x6mill
Carlo 6x4mill
Heinen 4x3mill
Debrusk 4x3.75mill

I wonder how much Anders Lee would cost. Seems like he fits the Bruins Mold. 6x6.5mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Lee-Krejci-Coyle
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

that krug deal is a scary nightmare for term... I couldnt touch that with a 47 foot pole

I think you have to look pretty damn hard for any comparables for the debrusk deal. with 43 goals in his first 138 games hes pretty much established as a 25 goal guy

I think a list of comparables can start with Johnathon druin… you might not like it but debrusks agent will. then the name bo hovart will be tossed out... alexander wennberg… alex galchenyuk… even boone jenner but hes clearly an inferior player and that will set the lowest end of the comparables

4.5 would be the lowest area we would be looking at for a longer term deal. if he pops in 30-35 goals this year I would be expecting a lot closer to 6 mill by the time we actually get him signed

if the cap were to grow as some predict... we will be able to afford debrusk… and I think give krug more short term to limit the length of his deal.

even if we cant trade backes this year... trading him next year shouldnt be a huge problem. and of course one of the kid centers might truely make krejci expendable next year too.

its kind of a waiting game to see what should/shouldnt be done with krug/debrusk… obviously if debrusk was willing to sign for 3.75 then he should be locked up immediately. but it would be utter incompetence on the part of his agent to sign a 30 goal scorer to that type of contract at this point

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I will answer your questions
1/teams have been forced to dress as little as 17 skaters... teams have had to ferry guys back and forth to ahl on off days... teams have had penalties go into next season, become vulnurable to rfa offers, and have even lost players due to not managing the cap... fans continue to throw out plans to have 21/22 players on a roster... spend to every cent of the ceiling while still having bonuses... and etc etc...

sorry you didnt pay enough attention to get this... I will continue to try to warn people about issues like this for as long as they continue to pop up on a weekly basis

2/thanks... but lets focus on issues that actually might be important to people playing armchair gm at home... I do personally thank you for educating me cause its important I know its the nhlpa and the nhl. thank you for helping me on this

3/I guess the bruins have had spill over bonus quite often in recent years...
wow... omg dom... wow... anyhow im sure they are trying not to have more now... they have a pro hired to help them... I just say wow because maybe you didnt know it has happened a few times in recent year? really? you didnt know? it seems when you chastise me for mentioning it, you are saying it doesnt happen? is that why you wanted to chastise me for mentioning it? because you are saying it didnt happen several times in recent years?

I doubt thats why you are chastising me. I think you did know... but be careful what you say or it can come across that you didnt know. it migth come across you are trying to discredit me and possibly censor my right to speak on this matter

as always I hope we are friends
I value your help you have given me on understanding these things over the past few years

its fun for me

Hahaha. Good grief.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Our guys

McAvoy 6x 6.5mill
Krug 6x6mill
Carlo 6x4mill
Heinen 4x3mill
Debrusk 4x3.75mill

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Lee-Krejci-Coyle
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

I think you are optimistically low on most of the Bruins Salaries you suggest. Krug might be doable.the rest feel anywhere from 0.5 million to 1.5 million short

I don't see Coyle anywhere but Bruins 3rd line Center next year. That is his best position. If Studnicka shocks in training camp he almost certainly starts at RW.

I also will be very surprised if the Bruins Add a player as expensive as Lee, I just don't think he fits in the long term cap world. More likely they Bring Mojo back, who would likely be around 1/2 to 1/3 the financial commitment as Lee would be. (Probably 2-3 mil less per year, and for 3 less years)

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
esa Lindell who will turn 25 before this seasons starts and has 239 career games just got himself 5.8 for 6 years

hes a nice player but is Charlie McAvoy and his people going to want to settle for the same price? the days of 'buying ufa years' is gone. second term rfa now get paid more than ufa so its a false argument that you got to pay more if the guy is hitting ufa.

this contact feels like a game changer to me. esa is almost a second pair guy in my opinion. its almost like hes more comparable to carlo than he is to McAvoy.

makes me nervous now I might have been projecting too low for McAvoy and carlo

Reactions: sarge88

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
esa Lindell who will turn 25 before this seasons starts and has 239 career games just got himself 5.8 for 6 years

hes a nice player but is Charlie McAvoy and his people going to want to settle for the same price? the days of 'buying ufa years' is gone. second term rfa now get paid more than ufa so its a false argument that you got to pay more if the guy is hitting ufa.

this contact feels like a game changer to me. esa is almost a second pair guy in my opinion. its almost like hes more comparable to carlo than he is to McAvoy.

makes me nervous now I might have been projecting too low for McAvoy and carlo

Sounds about right for Carlo.

I mean Dougie Hamilton today said "I'm not paid to score goals". So why shouldn't Carlo make that and McAvoy even more.

(Sarcasm meter should be on)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Some tough choices

But this is what I think happens

- Backes traded back to Blues
- Moore traded
- Acciari not brought back
- Killer traded

- Heinen resigned - 3 million per season
- Mojo resigned - 4.3 per season
- Carlo resigned - 4.7 per season
- Mcavoy resigned - 8.5 million per season

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Heinen
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner
Bjork Frederic

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Clifton
Lauzon Vaaka

Rask
Halak

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I would be shocked if McAvoy was 8.5m per. Look to Seth Jones for a comparison, coming right off an ELC, he signed for 6 x 5.4m. Now it would be adjusted some for cap inflation, so I would say 6 x 6-6.5 for McAvoy. He still has another massive pay day coming at age 27 when that deal expires.

People have pointed out the Ekblad deal but that was a total outlier. No one has matched or surpassed it in the 3 years since it happened. That GM was off his tree

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I goofed around on CapFriendly and came up with this:

sarge88 - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The gist of it is:

Krug to Detroit for Athanasiou - saves 2.25M
Miller to LA for a 2nd - saves 2.5
Heinen to Arizona for picks - saves 2.5 - 3

Signed Johansson for 3YR/5m
Signed Carlo for 4YR/4.5m
Signed McAvoy for 5YR/6m

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Backes/Athanasiou
Johansson - Coyle - Backes/Athanasiou
Blidh - Kuraly - Nordstrom/Wagner

Chara - Carlo
Grizz - McAvoy
Moore/Clifton/Vaakanainen

Leaves about 2.7 in cap space

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I goofed around on CapFriendly and came up with this:

sarge88 - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The gist of it is:

Krug to Detroit for Athanasiou - saves 2.25M
Miller to LA for a 2nd - saves 2.5
Heinen to Arizona for picks - saves 2.5 - 3

Signed Johansson for 3YR/5m
Signed Carlo for 4YR/4.5m
Signed McAvoy for 5YR/6m

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Backes/Athanasiou
Johansson - Coyle - Backes/Athanasiou
Blidh - Kuraly - Nordstrom/Wagner

Chara - Carlo
Grizz - McAvoy
Moore/Clifton/Vaakanainen

Leaves about 2.7 in cap space

krug for athanasiou is a deal I have toyed with myself... usually I feel we would have to sweeten it but we have sweetners. Detroit has enjoyed having green there. I think they wont mind having krug there. I like that idea

miller to California also makes sense to me... asking a second seems ambitious but the pick isnt really that important. get whatever you can. maybe throw in a warm body to make the pick better? we got lots of warm bodies

Heinen out... basically for athanasiou in... it feels like an upgrade to me... I can get behind that.

keep backes 1 more year... hes easier to trade next season... keep moore so we can expose him in expansion draft... you havent mentioned Bjork but if hes healthy hes going to win a spot out of camp like he did the last couple years. im very ok with lauzon as the 8th dman on the depth chart...

all in all I like your gameplan here. I tend to think we wont trade krug so I dont see your plan happening, but I like it. I could easily get behind it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I would be shocked if McAvoy was 8.5m per. Look to Seth Jones for a comparison, coming right off an ELC, he signed for 6 x 5.4m. Now it would be adjusted some for cap inflation, so I would say 6 x 6-6.5 for McAvoy. He still has another massive pay day coming at age 27 when that deal expires.

People have pointed out the Ekblad deal but that was a total outlier. No one has matched or surpassed it in the 3 years since it happened. That GM was off his tree

seth jones is a tough comparison because he was being used as a bottom pair dman in Nashville and did get traded during his elc. those things hurt a guys bargaining position.

I think boston could mention it, but I dont think that mcavoys agent would be mentioning it himself.

I tend to agree with you on the ekbland thing... its difficult to use 1 lonely example as setting the market.

if im boston I might mention that forwards make more than dman... then mention pastrnak. I think McAvoy and his agent would have a hard time arguing more than pastrnak got.

for McAvoy he needs to wait for wereinski and the other rfa this year to start signing if he wants a lot more than 6

I think if he was going to take 6 boston should/would jump all over it... I know I would. but if McAvoy and his people are going to try to get 8 he better hope the other rfa this offseason help argue his case

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This thread is a tad premature, but after the last two seasons, they aren't going to be trading D left and right. Maybe one of Backes, Moore or Miller, but that's it. Can't see Mojo coming back. They'll try to insert one of the kids (Kuhlman, Bjork, Cehlarik, Frederic, JFK, Studnicka, Senyshyn) for that last wing. If it doesn't work out, then they'll make a mid season trade just like this year with Donato for Coyle which worked out superbly (fit, play and cap wise).

And Seattle isn't taking John Moore in the expansion draft. No way, no how. It'll be either Gryz or Clifton or possibly if one of the above forwards steps up in that time but doesn't push out one of the vets.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This thread is a tad premature, but after the last two seasons, they aren't going to be trading D left and right. Maybe one of Backes, Moore or Miller, but that's it. Can't see Mojo coming back. They'll try to insert one of the kids (Kuhlman, Bjork, Cehlarik, Frederic, JFK, Studnicka, Senyshyn) for that last wing. If it doesn't work out, then they'll make a mid season trade just like this year with Donato for Coyle which worked out superbly (fit, play and cap wise).

And Seattle isn't taking John Moore in the expansion draft. No way, no how. It'll be either Gryz or Clifton or possibly if one of the above forwards steps up in that time but doesn't push out one of the vets.

Not 100% sure about the expansion draft rules, but isn’t exposing Moore more about preventing them from having to expose a Carlo/McAvoy/Grizz, than it is about them taking him.

Also, and my lack of confidence in any of the kids you mentioned is well known here, but there’s a part of me that hopes they learned their lesson this year about counting on too many unproven guys.

I think keeping Johansson should be a priority and given their depth on defense, I’d say that’s where you make the moves to make it happen.

In my mock roster a few posts back I moved Krug for Athanasiou and Miller and Heinen to clear cap space and had them re-signing Johansson.

To me, a lineup with Johansson and AA in front of McAvoy, Carlo, Grizz, Chara, Clifton, Moore, Vaakanainen is better than one with Krug, Heinen and any of the Providence forwards you mentioned.

I don’t want them to spend October - February holding tryouts for 2-3 top 9 spots.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Not 100% sure about the expansion draft rules, but isn’t exposing Moore more about preventing them from having to expose a Carlo/McAvoy/Grizz, than it is about them taking him.

Also, and my lack of confidence in any of the kids you mentioned is well known here, but there’s a part of me that hopes they learned their lesson this year about counting on too many unproven guys.

I think keeping Johansson should be a priority and given their depth on defense, I’d say that’s where you make the moves to make it happen.

In my mock roster a few posts back I moved Krug for Athanasiou and Miller and Heinen to clear cap space and had them re-signing Johansson.

To me, a lineup with Johansson and AA in front of McAvoy, Carlo, Grizz, Chara, Clifton, Moore, Vaakanainen is better than one with Krug, Heinen and any of the Providence forwards you mentioned.

I don’t want them to spend October - February holding tryouts for 2-3 top 9 spots.
The problem with the expansion draft is that it pushed out a year from the original expected date. If it happened after next season, then Krug would have been a UFA and wouldn't need to be protected. They'll probably only protect 3 D (if they protect 4 D, they can only protect 4 F, so seems unlikely). So Carlo, McAvoy and one of Gryz or Clifton. If Krug leaves, then whoever takes his place on the left side in the top 4 might be worthy of protecting as well, maybe its Lauzon or Vaak or an outsider. Either way, one or more of those young, but quality, Defensemen will be available, and I can't see how Seattle wouldn't take that over an aging Moore who will be in and out of the lineup.

Anyways, unless they move Backes this summer, there is only 1 forward spot open heading into next year, so I think they'll let one of those 7 young guys try to grab it, save the money for the trade deadline, and not commit or sell off resources to fill the hole (especially after it worked out for them this season with 3 spots up for grabs).

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
@sarge88 why is Detroit giving up a good asset for potentially just 1 year of Krug? They are nowhere near competing.

Don't see a fit there tbh

Probably right...but it’s not like Krug is 34. He’s got a solid 6-8 years left, maybe he’d sign there long term to be home.

Also, it’s not that I don’t like him, BTW. I just feel that the back line is where they can deal from. I know it’s worked out so far this year, but I didn’t like the state of flux that the forward lines were from October until the deadline. I’m not sold on Bjork at all and aside from Blidh as a 4the liner, the rest of the guys in Providence aren’t ready, IMO.

I definitely don’t want to see open tryouts up front for 1/2 the season again, so to me, moving Krug, Miller and Heinen to free up space to re-sign Johansson and bring another established guy is the point.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess one other thing to not overlook is the upcoming expansion draft and how to prepare for it

It will be tricky

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Probably right...but it’s not like Krug is 34. He’s got a solid 6-8 years left, maybe he’d sign there long term to be home.

Also, it’s not that I don’t like him, BTW. I just feel that the back line is where they can deal from. I know it’s worked out so far this year, but I didn’t like the state of flux that the forward lines were from October until the deadline. I’m not sold on Bjork at all and aside from Blidh as a 4the liner, the rest of the guys in Providence aren’t ready, IMO.

I definitely don’t want to see open tryouts up front for 1/2 the season again, so to me, moving Krug, Miller and Heinen to free up space to re-sign Johansson and bring another established guy is the point.

krug will turn 29 before his next contract starts... can you name a single undersized offensive dman that didnt see his production levels drop in half between age 29 and 33?

theres been a couple undersized dmen like brian ralfalski and the guy that was just finishing up in Winnipeg last year who were good enough defensively that their teams were still playing them at 33-34 years of age... but most guys are finished by this time

I dont think krug has the defensive skill to be useful if his point totals drop in half... and if his new contract calls for a raise its going to be tough. my plan would be to offer him more money on a shorter term. im not sure how he and his agent will want to proceed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad