Speculation: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
No desire for Shattenkirk now that he was bought out. Rather the Ducks get Chase Priskie on 8/15. Remember that the Ducks are currently at 48 contracts so they have only two open spots left. Wouldn't waste one on Shattenkirk.

200.webp

Now that Shattenkirk was bought out, we have more than enough cap space to do it (don't think he'll sign long tern, nor for big bucks), plus it wouldn't cost us any extra assets. Low risk/good upside if he rebounds.

Sure, we'd be up against the 50 contract limit, but IMO our NHL/AHL rosters would be ready to start the season, no more signings/roster moves needed. And even in the case of injuries, the Gulls can still get players on AHL-only deals if need be.

Also, even if for some reason we need to bring a guy like Zegras into the NHL already in 2020, we can probably just do a quick player for pick type swap. I personally wouldn't be so concerned about the contract limit...

Excluded Blake Pietila from the lineups (ongoing DUI case), along with Gates Jr. and Hunter Drew, who are not under contract. Also see one of Terry/Kase/Sprong moving to LW to balance things out at the NHL level. Went with Sprong, because I could see that right shot doing a good amount of damage from the left wing...

NHL
AHL
Rakell - Getz - Terry
Sprong - Steel - Silf
Ritchie - Rico - Kase
Jones - Rowney - Shore
Grantzlaf

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - "Shattenkirk"
Larsson - Hakanpää/"Priskie"
MDZ - Holzer

Gibson - Miller​
Comtois - Carrick - Poturalski
De Leo - Lundeström - Kloos
Martinsen - Morand - Sherwood
Kopacka - Dostie - Deslauriers
Sideroff

Guhle - Wideman
Mahura - "Priskie"/Hakanpää
Benoit - Sieloff

Boyle - Stolarz - Olle - Redmond​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Pietila will be in the lineup for sure.

Stone was just bought out from Calgary wouldn't be surprised to see BM try to dumpster dive.

Reactions: Paul4587

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The selling point for priskie will probably be NHL time, that's why he is turning down Washington.

Reactions: Masch78

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Pietila will be in the lineup for sure.

Stone was just bought out from Calgary wouldn't be surprised to see BM try to dumpster dive.

Pietila could very well end up being in the lineup since day 1, just didn't want to pencil him in yet because of the uncertainty of the situation. I don't mean for this to turn into another debate, so that's the last I'll talk about that.

Regarding Michael Stone, he would actually not be a terrible dumpster dive target. Unlike Sustr last year, Stone can still be a very good AHL guy if he doesn't pan out in the NHL. If he's willing to take a 1-year/league minimum deal, plus if we whiff on Shattenkirk and/or Priskie, I say go for it.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I would prefer Priske since he is cheap and controllable player over Stone, or a 1 year deal for Shatter (but I doubt he would do that). I really hope we get him... another crap shot to help our PP and restock our defensive prospect pool. If we signed Priske or Shatts, we could let our 21 year olds in Larsson and Guhle develop on their own terms.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The selling point for priskie will probably be NHL time, that's why he is turning down Washington.

Granted, I might be very wrong but I've maintained that the Ducks have not filled an obvious hole at RHD with the intent of enticing Priskie to sign in Anaheim and be given every opportunity to fill that slot this year.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
In what world is a guy who had 31 points in 60 games on the worst offensive team in the NHL and only 23 yearsold only worth a 3rd round pick ?
I think a team like Boston or Philly would jump at the chance to get Ritchie if it only cost them a 3rd.
I think Boston would give up a 2nd + 3rd or 2nd + 4th & put him on a line with Marchand to form the 'bad boy line'

I know we didn't notice because our offense was so bad, but points are easy to come by these days. Half a PPG is nothing in the current NHL

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We don't have many spots remaining... just that RD and a few ECHL spots. I don't think we will be signing Tropp at the AHL level, so thats probably going to be filled by Carrick/Grant during the season. So if we are able to sign Priskie or Shatter, then we just have ECHL level targets remaining which is pretty much leftovers before the season starts. I like how our goalie depth has been drastically improved, but our defense is soft in comparison with the league and I think they tried to address that with recent draft with Francis/Hill.

NHLAHLECHL
Ritchie - Steel - SilfComtois - De Leo - PoturalskiGates??
Rakell - Getz - KasePietila - Lundeström - Martinsen
Jones - Rico - TerryKopacka - Kloos - Sherwood
Sprong - Shore - DeslauriersGazdic - Morand - Tropp??
Carrick - Grant - RowneyDostie - Sideroff
Lindholm - MansonLarsson - WidemanRuggiero? - Davidson?
Fowler - Priskie??Guhle - BenoitHayes?
Del Zotto - HakanpääMahura - Sieloff
HolzerDrew
Gibson - Miller Boyle - Stolarz Olle - Redmond
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I know we didn't notice because our offense was so bad, but points are easy to come by these days. Half a PPG is nothing in the current NHL
? So he's toast because he didn't score a point per game on the leagues worst offensive team ?
Lets see what he's capable of in a better system first before selling low & shipping him out & watching him put up better numbers on another team.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We don't have many spots remaining... just that RD and a few ECHL spots. I don't think we will be signing Tropp at the AHL level, so thats probably going to be filled by Carrick/Grant during the season. So if we are able to sign Priskie or Shatter, then we just have ECHL level targets remaining which is pretty much leftovers before the season starts. I like how our goalie depth has been drastically improved, but our defense is soft in comparison with the league and I think they tried to address that with recent draft with Francis/Hill.

NHLAHLECHL
Ritchie - Steel - SilfComtois - De Leo - PoturalskiGates??
Rakell - Getz - KasePietila - Lundeström - Martinsen
Jones - Rico - TerryKopacka - Kloos - Sherwood
Sprong - Shore - DeslauriersGazdic - Morand - Tropp??
Carrick - Grant - RowneyDostie - Sideroff
Lindholm - MansonLarsson - WidemanRuggiero? - Davidson?
Fowler - Priskie??Guhle - BenoitHayes?
Del Zotto - HakanpääMahura - Sieloff
HolzerDrew
Gibson - Miller Boyle - Stolarz Olle - Redmond
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
One of those AHL D men will be in the NHL

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
One of those AHL D men will be in the NHL

Yup... I'm expecting many players will get some games via call-ups... Comtois, De Leo, Poturalski, Martinsen, Sherwood, Larsson, Guhle, Wideman.... to help evaluate who will be our core moving forward. Will be interesting to see who makes the most out of the opportunities.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
? So he's toast because he didn't score a point per game on the leagues worst offensive team ?
Lets see what he's capable of in a better system first before selling low & shipping him out & watching him put up better numbers on another team.

So he's only worth around a third-round pick.

If you don't wanna sell him for that, fine.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

I really pray getting him but when was the last time we got a high praised college FA. I'd offer him Montys place honestly.

Oct 18, 2011
Am I wrong to think our offense can be good if healthy? Atleast forward wise

We should be able to roll 3 scoring lines, i think Steel and Terry both showed substantial improvement late last year. Rakell should be better, Kase is a borderline first liner when healthy...I'd just like to see us get another dman.

If Eakins can implement a more offensive system why can't we see substantial improvement in scoring?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I really pray getting him but when was the last time we got a high praised college FA. I'd offer him Montys place honestly.

Probably Penner? We got one guy a few years ago who was meant to be good but he never panned out - he was a massive winger but I can’t remember his name of the top of my head.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Am I wrong to think our offense can be good if healthy? Atleast forward wise

We should be able to roll 3 scoring lines, i think Steel and Terry both showed substantial improvement late last year. Rakell should be better, Kase is a borderline first liner when healthy...I'd just like to see us get another dman.

If Eakins can implement a more offensive system why can't we see substantial improvement in scoring?

No I agree. There is no superstar talent but we are 3 lines deep and Steel/Terry taking massive strides last season means we should be able to count on them to at least fill out the top 9.

With a bounce back from Rakell and no injury issues I don’t see why we don’t score close to 3 goals a game. Getzlaf and Kases health is going to be key for next season. One was constantly playing hurt last year and the other seems to be a permanent fixture on the IR.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Maybe Laganiere? He was a bit of a coup signing if I remember right.

Yeah that’s the one. Turned into a decent AHL player but never amounted to anything more than that.

Edit: he’s actually doing pretty well in Europe - in the Finnish and German leagues. Good for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Arnt we supposdly in running for chase priskie... that would be a huge add for our system tbh

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Someone explain to me why Priskie is this must have player? He’s 23, never played in the pro league but people are pencilling him as upgrade on what we have already and putting him into our top 4 immediately. I don’t get it. Sounds like another Vesey situation and he’s just a mediocre third liner.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Laganiere, Kossila, Sherwood are the last college UFAs that we've gotten.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Someone explain to me why Priskie is this must have player? He’s 23, never played in the pro league but people are pencilling him as upgrade on what we have already and putting him into our top 4 immediately. I don’t get it. Sounds like another Vesey situation and he’s just a mediocre third liner.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a "must have" player but he does check a lot of boxes...RHD, skilled on the PP, puck mover, and only 23. It is not an exaggeration to say that he would be the 2nd most talented RHD in the organization the minute he is signed. Nothing is a sure thing with these college UFA's but he would be a good gamble given the dearth of RHD in the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad