Speculation: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
looking at capfriendly, and it looks like we're likely to have the most cap space available when the season starts, with maybe behind 2 or 3 teams. There are A LOT of teams who need to shed salary. Murray should be taking major advantage of someone.

Shattenkirk @50% retainined + 2nd + 4th for Eaves and Sieloff (contract purposes) is something I'd offer to NYR. That's a lot, but there's not a lot of teams who can help any of these guys out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
looking at capfriendly, and it looks like we're likely to have the most cap space available when the season starts, with maybe behind 2 or 3 teams. There are A LOT of teams who need to shed salary. Murray should be taking major advantage of someone.

Shattenkirk @50% retainined + 2nd + 4th for Eaves and Sieloff (contract purposes) is something I'd offer to NYR. That's a lot, but there's not a lot of teams who can help any of these guys out.

Watching Shattenkirk in NY he never really played up to that contract. I think a different scenery will do him better. Also had some injuries and was rarely playing 100% or even close to it. I think the Rangers would just want futures at this point or maybe a prospect cannot take on another roster player.

I think he would fit well in the Ducks top 4. Would also get a little more offense from the D which is really needed.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Aside from Shattenkirk, I wouldn't mind Mike Green for this year. Could be a decent semi-sheltered 3rd pair with Larsson and hopefully he'd be a good boost for the PP with more talent around him.

Reactions: Duck Off

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

I logged on to make exactly this type of proposal around Shattenkirk. Murray has been far too passive in using the ducks temporary space due to Kesler and Eaves being on LTIR. The only complication I see is will Eaves try to play this year?

Reactions: Duck Off

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I wonder if the Samueli's might want to sit on that cap space and save the money. In their eyes, it might offset the years they spent to the cap and will spend to the cap again. I'm not saying I want that, but I could see it happening. And if that's the cost of spending to the cap in the other years I'm almost ok with it.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
No desire for Shattenkirk now that he was bought out. Rather the Ducks get Chase Priskie on 8/15. Remember that the Ducks are currently at 48 contracts so they have only two open spots left. Wouldn't waste one on Shattenkirk.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
No desire for Shattenkirk now that he was bought out. Rather the Ducks get Chase Priskie on 8/15. Remember that the Ducks are currently at 48 contracts so they have only two open spots left. Wouldn't waste one on Shattenkirk.

Has there been a link to Anaheim? Would be a great opportunity for him, A Right handed PP capable Dman is probably the org biggest need at the moment.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Has there been a link to Anaheim? Would be a great opportunity for him, A Right handed PP capable Dman is probably the org biggest need at the moment.
Yes there has. Chris Peters, the prospect guy from ESPN and a good writer, said that sources have told him us and Carolina are the likeliest landing spot for him. Would be a nice coup.

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

There was some earlier tweets speculating that Anaheim and Carolina were either showing the most interest or were in some manner the front runners to sign him. I don't have them but I'm sure you can search this site for his name and find them. It does seem like a perfect match for both team and player for the reasons you mentioned. Fingers crossed.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Seems like there is more smoke for him and Carolina but then again no rumors really ever come out of our building. I guess we shall see in a couple weeks.

Oct 18, 2011
I would bring him in. If he has a good season he can always bring us something at the deadline if we're not in it. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with our young players and we have a good year? Gonna need that experience on D then

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Meh if we can sign him on a 1 year low cost... id be down... if he has a solid season hopefully flip him at deadline

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The guy has been awful ever since his knee injury. I'd be pretty cautious about that...

His last season actually was not even terrible. He was surrounded by the Rangers D which was a tire fire. If he is the #4 D for Anaheim think he could do a lot of good here and can bring some offense to the D. Sometimes a new scenery is good for a player and think there was a lot of pressure playing for his hometown team on top of the injuries and bad D around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad