Prospect Info: 2019 #11 - Victor Soderstrom, D

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The draft is a crap shoot. The way it sounds many of the forwards who were thought to go high did not. I'm just glad we did not trade the pick.
I'm also happy we used the pick.

RD are hella expensive. He's going to join the Yotes fully developed after more time in the SHL and he'll be contributing on his ELC. Hammer and Demers are old. Crotty and Westerlund haven't stepped forward.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I agree. I think he’s going to be a solid pro. He’s going to be a nhl player. Is he signed next year?

You have to "hope" so after trading 14ov and #45 for him. If we stood at 14, I'd only be minorly annoyed. Trading up AND passing on the forwards we were hoping one of would be available is pretty #ing "bold". Or foolish.

This isn't a slag on Soderstrom as a prospect, but he shouldn't be above those guys on our list.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Hayton - Soderstrom

Or

Krebs/Newhook - Bouchard/Dobson.

Which duo would you prefer?
I go with Hughes/Boldy.
I'm not upset with this pick. I was at first but have to trust mgmt on this. (Cliché right there) This kid sounds like another Brodin. He stays home but is very very effective. I've read rumors that Minnesota really wanted him, maybe even Philly. Time will tell but I look forward to researching this kid further.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I go with Hughes/Boldy.
I'm not upset with this pick. I was at first but have to trust mgmt on this. (Cliché right there) This kid sounds like another Brodin. He stays home but is very very effective. I've read rumors that Minnesota really wanted him, maybe even Philly. Time will tell but I look forward to researching this kid further.
Yeah, was going on the assumption of a C and RHD selection

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'm also happy we used the pick.

RD are hella expensive. He's going to join the Yotes fully developed after more time in the SHL and he'll be contributing on his ELC. Hammer and Demers are old. Crotty and Westerlund haven't stepped forward.
Problem is, Soderstrom is basically Westerlund version 2.0. Except we essentially used our first and second round pick on him.

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad