GDT: 2018 World Junior Discussion (OILERS PROSPECTS)

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Canada has to learn to stop putting morons who take the most ridiculous of selfish, untimely penalties into the team. That's the lesson here for hockey Canada.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
yeah I dunno maybe just maybe the coaching staff should get the team to work on shootouts so if they get far they don't lose again cause of this shit.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Fair but Hart didn't even look like he tried to save those shootout shots.
I meant even before that, ..when Canada was up by a goal, Hart was doing an exemplary job of keeping them in it, but the Canadian kids just shrunk.
the moment got to them, and they wilted, as the US rallied.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
true, but the shooters didn't look like they were trying either going in as well.
Team Canada looked as though they accepted defeat before the shootout began.

I mean, they probably had.

We win tomorrow and we clinch first. US needed to win in regulation.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This new HF sucks sometimes....I'm trying to quote somebody, but get something different all together.

And for whatever reason, I can't post in the trades thread.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Yamamoto looked, well he looked like nothing, invisible. Behind the play. Never in a good spot. No hustle. Picking a player that small is always risky as if they dont score they are useless. Hope he bounces back in a big way.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yamamoto looked, well he looked like nothing, invisible. Behind the play. Never in a good spot. No hustle. Picking a player that small is always risky as if they dont score they are useless. Hope he bounces back in a big way.
He was in his spot on the second US goal. The defenseman had to commit to him which opened up the lane to the front of the net. But he wasn't much in terms of creative offensive plays.

He was drafted 22nd overall. This is a kid we're going to have to be patient with. People pencilling him into depth charts next season are getting a little ahead of themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad