GDT: 2018 World Junior Discussion (OILERS PROSPECTS)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
qKTdrvv.jpg

XoOwVwo.jpg

icuGXca.jpg

Thought we could use a thread for all Oilers Prospect Discussion for the 2018 WJC.

I'm beyond excited!

All 4 Oilers Prospects in action on Day 1.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Thanks for the list!

Wish we had a player on Team Canada but at least I'll have a good reason to watch some other games that I otherwise would have skipped.

Reactions: McTrashBoat

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
That Safin goal was awesome.

I’ve watched him with SJ a few times this year and a big gripe I have with him is that he’s huge, but doesn’t use his size enough...

Love seeing the big man drive the net on that goal.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Safin looks dangerous, Samorukov has made a few mistakes but solid plays overall.

Necas is the standout so far

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Safin looked pretty good. Needs to work on his skating - both top end and first step - but his stride looks strong. Needs to keep his feet moving when he's away from the puck, and needs to anticipate the play better defensively. Other than that (basic things to work on), I was fairly impressed. Really good offensive instincts and showed a good physical presence. Could be another Palat.

Samorukov was all over the map. Thought his first period was good, seemed to play a simple game and made the safe play. Then the second period comes around and it's the exact opposite - steps up to throw a big hit, tried to rush the puck and made a bad turnover, had a bad turnover in the attacking zone passing across the blue line to no one, let a crafty point shot that was a set tip play go on the PP. His play would be hard to describe, but I guess maybe Alexei Emelin.

My first time watching a complete game from either, so just my impression from one game.

Reactions: Night Witch

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Who's the punk kid walking into the rink with the American team?

Oh wait, it's Yamamoto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad