GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 25 • QF4: USA (4) - RUS (2) F

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What play did you even watch? Syomin cuts across the front of him and extends his shoulder up into his head. He could have hit him much differently, or not at all. He can do a lot about it, and there is no chance the player receiving the hit in the head is at fault.

That's an ugly hit. I have no idea if Jones sold it a bit, but it really doesn't matter.

On a personal level, I would have liked him to go through concussion protocol. Even if he felt fine, or told them he sold it, that was solid contact to his head. Better to be safe, especially when you're a little over 2 minutes from the intermission. Just my feeling.

Reactions: Chainshot

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
What play did you even watch? Syomin cuts across the front of him and extends his shoulder up into his head. He could have hit him much differently, or not at all. He can do a lot about it, and there is no chance the player receiving the hit in the head is at fault.

Blatant attempt by Jones to injure Syomin's shoulder.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I don't know the point of arguing, it's never not going to be a penalty. Just a matter of 5 or 2+10 and if deemed intentional rather than incidental it's probably going to be the former.

And yes, getting typically chippy.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Considering this is IIHF rules and not NHL rules, there is really no debate about that hit on Jones. It was a major and maybe a suspension for Russia's next game. Easy call for the on-ice officials.

Reactions: Chainshot

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Brady looks appreciably better then his brother Matt at this age to me.

He's a real good player, smart and skilled.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
It was Tufte's stick. Starman just needs glasses.
I'm gonna DVR when opportune.

It was actually Tufte's stick with black tape, not Minulin with white tape. Frederic is right out.

So that makes Starman and me wrong and the ref even more wrong, although it resulted in the right call at the end of the day.

This game is a lumberjack convention.

Michael-Palin-and-Connie--008.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad