GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 25 • QF4: USA (4) - RUS (2) F

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If the US had scored, Russians would have ripped that official who let one of the most obvious hooks go.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Sydmin goes headhunting ugly, Sydmin goes out duckly. That's poetic justice.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
One thing the Russians have done really well is getting in passing and shooting lanes. It seems like the US can't make cross ice passes without a Russian player either getting a stick or skate on it.

Reactions: Ralonzo

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
hughes is an underager though so you really shudnt judge a player that young to harshly. he does look like someone who just mentally isnt prepared yet to play against a jump in competition though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That's a textbook 5 minute major for a headshot. You don't cut across the front of guys and clip their head like that, it's dangerous as ****.
The smiling bum was skating with his head down all along. What should the other player do? Avoid him? The new tactics in hockey. You turtle and skate into other team's players so every hit on you is "dirty".

Dangerous was what the American was doing there.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
hughes is an underager though so you really shudnt judge a player that young to harshly. he does look like someone who just mentally isnt prepared yet to play against a jump in competition though.

dont care if he is under ager

then why is he on the team ? why is he 3rd on team in minutes?

constant liability every time hes on

its like hes playing shinny

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The only thing ugly was the reffing. An idiot skating head down in a player who should do what? Dissappear?

I don't know what's better, reffing or attendance.:sarcasm:
You can't possibly be defending that hit can you?

I can only imagine the howling from you if the roles were reversed.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Hughes has been bad but it's not unique to see a younger defenseman struggle with the pace.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's their best defenseman next year.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This is the most indifferent I have ever felt about a Russian team in a quarterfinal. This team puts me to sleep. Even if they win I feel contempt for them.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The smiling bum was skating with his head down all along. What should the other player do? Avoid him? The new tactics in hockey. You turtle and skate into other team's players so every hit on you is "dirty".

Dangerous was what the American was doing there.
That player doesnt throw that headshot if he grows up in NA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad