GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 03 • Group A: CAN (4) - FIN (2) F

Which team wins this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
English only. (I honestly don't know what that's supposed to mean.)
Slang for pick up your bags and go home. Usually used sarcastically, but if it's used like above, it means that you're trying to sound hip and cool because that's what the kids say these days.

Reactions: Merya

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
The Finnish fans on this board over-hyped this team like I've never seen an over-hyping n my life. Tolvanen was invisible. Who knew he was a little shrimp?

Who's hyped and what.
I don't have any success expectations on this Team Finland.

If they make quarterfinals i'm happy and that's it.
We won't win this tournament this year ( Canada, USA, Russia and Sweden are too strong for Finland)

frodo timberlake

Sep 18, 2017
Finland’s next game will be much more telling and useful. They’ll have more time to adjust to the ice and build chemistry against the Danes.

This was one game. It’s not like the hockey world just pulled the hype of this Finnish team’s potential out of thin air, these’s players got drafted high for a reason. They have the manpower to ragdoll Denmark, if they wake up.

frodo timberlake

Sep 18, 2017
Who's hyped and what.
I don't have any success expectations on this Team Finland.

If they make quarterfinals i'm happy and that's it.
We won't win this tournament this year ( Canada, USA, Russia and Sweden are too strong for Finland)

Nah. Even based on today, I don’t think the Swedes will beat Finland

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Yeah you can't see it from overhead. The crossbar obstructs the view. You can see it from an angle from the front where the puck is on it's side fully over the line.

Overhead is not the only one they look at. I remember a world championship final decided on a forward angle. I think it was against Sweden and might have been Canada who won. It was looked at for 15 minutes in OT.

Any other views besides the overhead view are irrelevant when determining if the puck crosses the line because of parallax angles

Reactions: 99664987

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Canada by far the better team today no question. But the first goal was not a goal and lastly Ray Ferraro what a homer. Does he know the NHL channel was was simulcasting the game?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If I had to rank Canada defence today:

1-Mete
2-Timmins
3-Fabbro
4-Clague
5-Foote
6-Makar
7-Bean

Reactions: LDN

frodo timberlake

Sep 18, 2017
Really?
If Finland faces Sweden and their defense is against Sweden is as sloppy like it was vs Canada Sweden will abuse Finland. Of course i hope Finland vs Sweden game but not in the quarterfinals ( if Finland makes there).

I won’t bet my home on it, but yeah. The main difference is the speed, which I think was a big part in disorienting the Finnish D. Conversely, I don’t see Sweden containing Vesalainen, Heponiemi etc. when even Canada was struggling with that.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Final comment on the match, love the TSN announcers Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro. Although Ferraro might be little homer-ish at times, it doesn't matter because Gord is a full professional.
He makes stout observations and frankly, has a great play-by-play voice. He's not late to the play with his commentating, and usually has little facts that make the game more interesting to listen to.
TSN has figured out how to make these broadcast sound really good.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
So lackluster coming out of their zone. Too many low % passes. Canada needs to play better, no doubt. Having said that, they were quite clearly the better team today. Finland had very little scoring chances.

Overall, game lacked emotion and both teams zoned out for long periods. I hope the hockey is of higher quality moving forward.

P.S. Officiating was crap. That too should improve, hopefully.

Reactions: thrillhous

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Final comment on the match, love the TSN announcers Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro. Although Ferraro might be little homer-ish at times, it doesn't matter because Gord is a full professional.
He makes stout observations and frankly, has a great play-by-play voice. He's not late to the play with his commentating, and usually has little facts that make the game more interesting to listen to.
TSN has figured out how to make these broadcast sound really good.

Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert are the best play by play guys.

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017
Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert are the best play by play guys.
I find Gord Miller is in the group of reporters who show up with their narrative and the game fits that narrative, regardless of what happens on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad