OT: 2018 Winter Olympics Thread

Are you watching the Olympics?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
As we get closer and I look more at the rosters I'm not sure I'm going to watch a ton of the Olympics. Are any draft eligible or recent draftees playing? Just watching a bunch of NHL rejects isn't doing much for me.

Jordan Greenway is on the US team. Dunno about the others.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
As we get closer and I look more at the rosters I'm not sure I'm going to watch a ton of the Olympics. Are any draft eligible or recent draftees playing? Just watching a bunch of NHL rejects isn't doing much for me.

You mean you rather see Mike Smith get another Gold Medal for nothing? :D

Team USA probably has a better chance at winning the gold without a current NHL roster than with.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I enjoy the winter sports more than the summer generally. I can't get behind figure skating, but almost everything else is entertaining to me to one degree or another.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Broc Little (HC Davos) is from Phoenix.

Is there a set schedule for hockey? I can find game times but I can't find confirmation of what channels hockey will be on.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Broc Little (HC Davos) is from Phoenix.

Is there a set schedule for hockey? I can find game times but I can't find confirmation of what channels hockey will be on.

Olympic Hockey TV Listings

Men's tournament does not start until the 14th.

Women's begins today, but USA (NBCSN) and Canada (USA channel) first game is tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bondurant

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Need to get the N Korean cheerleaders at all Coyote home games... couldn't hurt.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Those turns in luge are dangerous. I'm surprised nobody has flown off or flipped on their sled yet with the high amount of crashing into the ice wall early on in the games.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And they give up a goal with under 6 seconds left in the period. 0-1.
Team USA believes in hockey the hard way, too

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Pretty entertaining game so far. Also looking forward to Canada v Artist Formerly Known as Russia later on.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
1. Didn't know Mexico had a ski team

2. Didn't know the Grateful Dead were designing sportswear.

Untitledki.png

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone ever care about the Jamaican bobsled team or even want to see those from tropical countries do well in the Winter Olympics?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Does anyone ever care about the Jamaican bobsled team or even want to see those from tropical countries do well in the Winter Olympics?

Norway don't care about bobsled. Period. Everybody thought it was very amusing when Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, from England, participated in ski jumping for a few olympics ago though. If that counts as a tropical country for you. It does here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad