World Cup: 2018 WC Qualifiers Part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Same ******** with Argentina. Possession without much penetration, Biglia has to go along with Pizzaro.

The ARG lineup with Pizarro in it over Paredes and Acuna over Pastore is triggering me.

edit: lol that Vidal own goal.

It's his own fault Paredes. As for Acuna over Pastore well Acuna is a out an out winger and not a 10. Neither should be starting. It should be Gaitan when healthy.

Dybala has been horrendous.

edit: Chile down 2-0 at home!

Missed the first 20 minutes. He had one real moment with Messi but he was being played out of position and it should.

If Sampa is dead set on 3 at the back. I'd line up a 3-5-2. With Gomez and Taglifco on the flanks.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know it is only Malta so it doesn't really matter who is playing or starting but how the hell is Henderson on the team, let alone the Captain, for England?

I thought with Roy gone perhaps the undeserved Liverpool players would be gone as well.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
big game in Africa today as Tunisia host DR Congo, these H2H matchups will pretty much determine who makes it to Russia

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know it is only Malta so it doesn't really matter who is playing or starting but how the hell is Henderson on the team, let alone the Captain, for England?

I thought with Roy gone perhaps the undeserved Liverpool players would be gone as well.

You're right...England have much better options at CM than Henderson. Not even sure he makes the bench tbh.

tumblr_nbi078Xcnu1tqaqlwo1_500.gif

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Denmark lead Poland in one of the more crucial Euro qualifiers today, Delaney unmarked heads/shoulders in a corner kick. If results hold that's one of the few groups with three teams fighting for top spot

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Jake Livermore starting for England. What a weird choice.

Watching us struggle to break down Malta is frustrating.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For a #6 Henderson is their best choice.

I'm glad Studge isn't going to play because I don't want him to get hurt, but I don't know how an England front three doesn't have him in it. Maybe Rashford too.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ghana pretty much done

Compared to the squads they took at the last couple of World Cups, this current Ghana team looks very weak on paper. You can pretty much count on one hand how many play in top European leagues; some will argue that shouldn't matter (Iceland, Costa Rica, Paraguay in the past) but they had a NASL guy come on in the 2nd half ffs :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
England should be lining up...

Rashford - Kane - Sterling
Alli - Ox
Hendo​

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Sterling's been *****. They all have, but Sterling extra *****. Livermore playing is embarrassing. Pretty sure Rashford is being saved for Slovakia on Monday. Southgate thinks Hart is still the best GK we have :facepalm:

I'd go for something like this when everyone is fit:

Rashford Kane
Alli
Rose Dier Henderson Walker
Cahill Jones Smalling
Butland/Pickford​

Although we'd probably need 3 in CM.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England doesn't have enough talent to regularly play attacking football and their central defense is pretty weak, so I'd play with a double pivot, two #6. Wouldn't play with any box to box.

Kane
Rashford-Alli-Sterling
Dier-Henderson
Rose-Cahill-Keane-Walker
Butland​

That would be my team with everyone fit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
England doesn't have enough talent to regularly play attacking football and their central defense is pretty weak, so I'd play with a double pivot, two #6. Wouldn't play with any box to box.

Kane
Rashford-Alli-Sterling
Dier-Henderson
Rose-Cahill-Keane-Walker
Butland​

That would be my team with everyone fit.

That's what I landed on as well. Except I think Maguire is better than Keane.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Man England are embarrassing to watch, still need a new coach. They're so slow at moving the ball when going forward. They might make players switch up but there's no support for the player who has the ball, the passing outlets all seem to make distant runs or wait for the ball hoping it comes to them not to mention the ****** quality of of balls in the final third.

The French team from yesterday was such a contrast, making good runs, providing good support, and playing lots of 1-2s plus central midfielders that could run forward with the ball rather than looking awkward and making hopeful passes.

edit: The left-back on Malta is good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Poland is getting absolutely shelled right now against Denmark.

Not a huge loss, considering the next two we play we should win.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
what a goal by Darida :amazed:

Should the Czechs hold on, they will have an important match in Belfast on Monday

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Germany take the lead late, Hummels with a perfect header on a set piece...Northern Ireland's playoff to lose now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad