Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v4| And we're done | Blue Jays finish season 73-89 | See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
CShwwxRHszq-Ey1AoG9anmLBI1Q=.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"Tyler Clippard strands a couple of base-runners!"

....That he caused. :facepalm: I can't stress this enough, Buck. He didn't come into the game with guys on base. He gave up hits that let them get on there. He's not some hero who managed to rescue the team from a jam. He was forced to clean up his own mess. This doesn't make it impressive, it makes him lucky that he didn't **** it up more. He is responsible for the very situation that he so valiantly dug his way out of.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As Buck talks again about system catching depth, I'm reminded of a conversation he had either yesterday or the day before where he talked about how the team used to have depth and then got rid of it all, and he rattled off the names of the prospects that were traded, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they mostly ended up sucking or busting.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Dan has such a big game voice. I wish he was brought back in 2015 and 2016 so he would have had a chance to call big Jays games late in the season. That would have been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad