Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v4| And we're done | Blue Jays finish season 73-89 | See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What's the MLB record for most consecutive doubles to start your MLB career? Can't be many more than 3

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What's the MLB record for most consecutive doubles to start your MLB career? Can't be many more than 3

I could be wrong but I thought they just said that Tellez was the first player in the live ball era (since the 1920's) to have 3 extra base hits in their first 3 at-bats

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Too many mistakes like this and he hasn't hit for a while. We should be able to do better than him at 2nd.
He's fine. And his bat will come back. A couple injury plagued seasons set him back a bit, that's all.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lindor can't be stopped ... He wasn't getting much to hit there, gets sawed off, and still get a hit

yeah that's what the Jays tweeted. Pretty crazy. I figured maybe someone would have done with 3 XBHs but 3 doubles would have been really tough.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think the official scorer is alseep. This ruling is taking forever and it should be an easy ruling. Sure he got his glove on it but it was scorched and a short hop. You can't call that an error.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Double!! Mom and dad have gotta be thrilled!

Oh geez. This is awkward...

Rowdy Tellez's big league debut 'nothing short of amazing' - Sportsnet.ca

First pitch: fastball. Tellez swung and connected with a line drive to right-centre field. As he pulled into second base with a double, the anxiety had disappeared. He was overcome with a different feeling.
“Just try not to cry,” he said. “It was a pretty emotional moment for me.”
Last month, Tellez’s mother passed away after an extended battle with brain cancer. She was just 53 years old.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"If they see this review angle, that call is getting overturned. He's out for sure."

*time passes*

"and the decision is in.... He's safe."

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Non prospect Rowdy Tellez with 5 doubles in 7 AB's. He had a .917 OPS in AA as a 21 year old but he was never a good prospect.

It's too early to know what happens with Rowdy but damn I really hope he makes Keith Law eat shit.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Non prospect Rowdy Tellez with 5 doubles in 7 AB's. He had a .917 OPS in AA as a 21 year old but he was never a good prospect.

It's too early to know what happens with Rowdy but damn I really hope he makes Keith Law eat ****.

yeah hes been one of my favorite prospects for a while now. he's a big boy and more times then not it takes a few extra years to get control of all that size. but if his cup of coffee is showing anything I really hope we make room for him next year. he seems to see the ball well and drives it .. out of curiosity. has all his doubles been opposite way not pulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad