Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v3| Next: Wed, Sept 5| vs TB| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Glasnow vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"Baltimore has always been the benchmark for developing pitchers."

Yeah like...

Arrieta (who didn't sort his **** out until Chicago)
Matusz
Bundy
Loewen
Tillman
Harvey
Gausman
Garrett Olson
Daniel Cabrera

I'm probably blanking on some others. But Baltimore always gets so much praise for its pitching prospects, but most of them seem to always be on the cusp of anchoring that O's rotation and usually they top out at OK 3/4 type guy or have one or two good seasons before going Prospect Supernova.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This has turned into a nice comedic effort
What the hell happened with that play at first base that started this whole mess? It’s like watching a T-Ball game where all the kids are still scared of the ball. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an inning like this before.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
This is the gif that keeps giving.

ezgif-4-20ded55b73.gif

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I find it curious how people in Florida don't like to go to watch baseball games. I mean, this Marlins park is a very nice place. But there is nobody there. Really curious.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I find it curious how people in Florida don't like to go to watch baseball games. I mean, this Marlins park is a very nice place. But there is nobody there. Really curious.

I think a lot of Miami people hate Marlins Park because Loria hustled the city into contributing tax $$$ into building it with a fake rebuild (which was what led to the big Marlins/Jays trade shortly thereafter), so there's some simmering dislike with the franchise there, along with long-term disinterest because they've had like 4 good years in the last 20. But in general Florida is weird in that they love spring training baseball but have never really embraced MLB to any real degree. I guess it's just sort of a cultural thing?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kind of want to see and hear Buck and Pat call a basketball game now that they've espoused their feelings on Steve Nash. :sarcasm:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I missed it. Did they say that he was just a basketball player? Or compare him to George Brett or Derek Jeter?

It was actually pretty mild, in comparison to Buck's usual schtick. He said Nash wasn't blessed with the greatest physical tools but played the game well using his head and smarts. Pat then chimed in and said how Nash was a great leader and inspired lots of Canadian kids to take up basketball.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tabler spent a lot of time a couple innings ago complaining that the Jays were just trying to hit long fly balls and not playing station-to-station small-ball.

And then Jason Smoak hits a long fly ball and all is forgotten about :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
After living through the horror of the Kevin Gregg Experience ™ I will never again be unsettled by any closer that a team trots out for the 9th inning.

Well, unless Gibby went into full "**** this job, I'm done" mode and made Clippard the closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad