Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v3| Next: Wed, Sept 5| vs TB| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Glasnow vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This team should be fun to watch to next year.

Loaded with young and talented position players.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I remember last year a lot of posters had given up on the kid. I think he will turn out to be our first base/dh for a long time. we have shown him nothing but patients and support through these life altering events the kid has had to go through over the last couple years. just stoked to see him up and getting in some reps

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I remember last year a lot of posters had given up on the kid. I think he will turn out to be our first base/dh for a long time. we have shown him nothing but patients and support through these life altering events the kid has had to go through over the last couple years. just stoked to see him up and getting in some reps

To be fair, a lot of the posters didn't know what he was going through. When they found out in the off-season what he was dealing with, then people understood.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
To be fair, a lot of the posters didn't know what he was going through. When they found out in the off-season what he was dealing with, then people understood.

some did. a lot just made the its your job argument. but yeah some posters changed there tune once they gained full knowledge of the situation

metafour

Apr 6, 2008

Not trying to sound insensitive here, but the mom's cancer thing is a weak cop out. What empirical evidence can you suggest for it impacting his performance? Something like that would affect him most when he's alone with his thoughts; playing a sport professionally is a beneficial distraction, unless you want to suggest that he's seeing 90+mph baseballs whizzing past him in the batters box while he reminds himself that his mom has cancer (which seems very unlikely). Why do you think it is that they recommend that you go do something physical (like running or exercising) when you feel depressed or have some emotional problem?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not trying to sound insensitive here, but the mom's cancer thing is a weak cop out. What empirical evidence can you suggest for it impacting his performance? Something like that would affect him most when he's alone with his thoughts; playing a sport professionally is a beneficial distraction, unless you want to suggest that he's seeing 90+mph baseballs whizzing past him in the batters box while he reminds himself that his mom has cancer (which seems very unlikely). Why do you think it is that they recommend that you go do something physical (like running or exercising) when you feel depressed or have some emotional problem?

You might not have wanted to sound insensitive but your post came off as condescending all the same.

Feeling depressed or being emotionally compromised can have a significant impact on your confidence, ability to focus, and overall outlook, not only in your personal life but also in your professional one. Not everybody is wired the same way or responds the same way.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You might not have wanted to sound insensitive but your post came off as condescending all the same.

Feeling depressed or being emotionally compromised can have a significant impact on your confidence, ability to focus, and overall outlook, not only in your personal life but also in your professional one. Not everybody is wired the same way or responds the same way.
Liked

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016

Here’s a pro tip just for you:

If you ever find yourself in a real life situation where you feel the need to preface something with ‘not trying to sound insensitive here’, you should probably keep your mouth shut.

Reactions: ChuckWoods

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

We will never know for sure if it impacted him or not. My mom had a health scare when I was around Rowdy's age. My university marks suffered but obviously that isn't physical. I could see it impacting his mental preparation, scouting reports, etc. If I were to guess, I believe it would be a combination of natural struggles and off field stuff. Won't comment on this subject again though. No sense debating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad