Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v1| Next: Sun, Apr 8 | @Tex | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Garcia vs Hamels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Stop hitting homeruns, you're up 7-0, now 8-0. Just showing up the opposition at this point. Odor's feelings may get hurt, and he sucks so the Rangers could use a 10 game Odor suspension again.

Reactions: La Masse and Kurtz

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Man now we know why Solarte was a fan favorite in San Diego. Fans were pissed he was traded... he is such a positive attitude and influence. Always having fun and a good player. A swiss army knife who can do a lot or a productive Kawasaki.

If him and Diaz keep hitting like this then you can't keep them on the bench. Morales will have to hit the pine.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

My favorite game out of hand complaint I heard recently was the first couple days of the season the Twins were up 7-0 against the O's when the O's bunted against the shift in the 9th and the Twins who were leading by 7 got upset about the O's bunting for cheap hits in a game that was essentially already over.

I sorta get it when it's the team that's ahead running up the score. Not really, but at least there's participation award type of bad logic in there. Literally the first time I've heard the team ahead complaining about the team behind doing everything they could to get runners on base.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm bumping Solarte up a few OV in my MLB: The Show franchise this season and he'll be my new All-Star.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
My favorite game out of hand complaint I heard recently was the first couple days of the season the Twins were up 7-0 against the O's when the O's bunted against the shift in the 9th and the Twins who were leading by 7 got upset about the O's bunting for cheap hits in a game that was essentially already over.

I sorta get it when it's the team that's ahead running up the score. Not really, but at least there's participation award type of bad logic in there. Literally the first time I've heard the team ahead complaining about the team behind doing everything they could to get runners on base.

I don't understand any of that nonsense.

If the batter shortened his swing and went the other way for a hit in that situation - it would be fine.

If he stood there and took a bunch a pitches and worked the pitcher for a walk - it would be fine.

But bunting for an obvious hit is some gigantic outrage.

If anything, it's more of an insult for the team up 7-0 in the 9th to still be playing a shift in that situation.

What would people say if a team up 7-0 in the 9th pulled an outfielder in and had him play up the middle as a extra infielder? People would be pissed. But the shift is fine.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

They should've just rolled over and died honorably. I remember that game where the Jays were crushed like 15-0 by Oakland a few years ago in a Romero start. JP Arencibia left the game when it was out of hand and was never seen again after committing ritual seppuku. Or maybe he got hurt. I can't remember. But the important thing is that they took their loss like real pros. None of this "we're still gonna try and score a run to feel good about ourselves" BS. :sarcasm:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
An I the only one shouting at the screen for Estrada to get one more out? Quality starts are counted in my fantasy leagues instead of wins.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
An I the only one shouting at the screen for Estrada to get one more out? Quality starts are counted in my fantasy leagues instead of wins.

Well, I'm not shouting at the screen but I was hoping for the one more out for the same reason.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Matt Bush in. Time for HBP's

Wonder if Solarte is gonna hit this inning. Because he stared at his HR for a bit. That's an auto HBP in Texas

Reactions: phillipmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad