2018 USport Off-Season Recruiting

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I don't plan on going to Lethbridge next year. 1st time since 2001 that I'll miss the show.

Wow. That was quite the impressive streak.

I won't be going either. If there was only four teams playing on Saturday an Sunday I would be far more likely to go. Eight teams over 4 days is a bigger commitment

dale 1919

Jun 9, 2009
geez AUS, we never missed one in the Atlantic, heck had a few cool ones even in Lake Head! LA is a pretty good place in March. Mid 20s for temperature then. final four will still be great hockey. Looks like St Mary's might be better this year as well. Going to the MEM cup will be like giving in buddy!! :)

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
geez AUS, we never missed one in the Atlantic, heck had a few cool ones even in Lake Head! LA is a pretty good place in March. Mid 20s for temperature then. final four will still be great hockey. Looks like St Mary's might be better this year as well. Going to the MEM cup will be like giving in buddy!! :)

Yeah, you're right. I'll reconsider...And who woulda thunk that 10 years after watching that Mem Cup, I'd be reviewing video with Mike Danton at SMU.

freddy123

Jun 30, 2013
Fredericton
UPEI has announced their recruiting class and the players that are not returning this year.

Add
Luke Kirwan - F
Troy Lajeunesse - F
Nick Shumlanski - F
Doug Blaisdell - D
Owen Headrick - D
Andrew Picco - D
Simon Hofley - G

Not Returning
Darcy Ashley - F
Marcus Power - F
RT Rice - F
Ryan MacKinnon - D
Matt Mahalak - G
Connor Wilkinson - G

UPEI used 21 skaters last season so there is someone else not returning from last year of the skaters if all the recruits are going to play.

Off-season makeover: Varsity sports’ key additions and losses

Reactions: Rob

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Tate Olson ex- Leithbridge WHL and echl Allen/Newfoundland/Florida - will be joining Acadia for January

Connor Schlichting Sarnia Sting - will be joining Ryerson Rams in January

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Big get for Acadia given his 44 goals and 91 points in the WHL last season.

There was some thought back in the summer that there might be a lot of WHLers available over Christmas since so many good overagers opted to try pro....this may be the case.

Two big recruits for Acadia, which has had a poor first half. This should inject some life into the offence, as Stallard is a former 44 goal scorer in the Dub. I would think that he is going to get lots of pp time.
Tate Olsen is a big body with an offensive upside, should also see lots of action on the pp.
Acadia has had a big turnover, but these two recruits are a positive step for a team that will be hosting Nationals next year.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
According to the ECHL transaction site, Dec 18.
Jeremy Brodeur has been released by the Allen Americans.
He has used up 2 years of U sport eligibility. If I'm correct, he would need to sit until the second half of next season. Played 2017-18 and first half of 2018-19, in the coast.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
According to the ECHL transaction site, Dec 18.
Jeremy Brodeur has been released by the Allen Americans.
He has used up 2 years of U sport eligibility. If I'm correct, he would need to sit until the second half of next season. Played 2017-18 and first half of 2018-19, in the coast.
He has since been claimed off waivers by Norfolk, ECHL . I assume he will stay in the Coast?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad