2018 U Sports Playoffs/University Cup (Fredericton, NB)

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Hi All,

It looks like the finals are televised on Sportsnet. Are the prelim games going to be televised nationally or is there some other way to view them?

Thanks!

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The Sask-McGill game is drawing lots of conjecture. I would say Sask most times but they may have trouble adjusting to like without Cooke. Not that their backup lacks credentials. Don't forget - They got to the final a year ago with the same line-up.

The Acadia-Alberta game could be of interest. It sounds like Acadia might have a lot in common with Manitoba. The Monkeys' lack of size does leave them vulnerable to bigger teams.

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
Friday. Its a toss up for me i predict a couple of 4-3 games with Alberta and Saskatchewan on top. But could easily see the opposite teams winning by the same score

SLaurent

Mar 15, 2018
Are the paid streams and sportsnet the only places to watch the games? I’m looking to follow McGill from Quebec since the storm stopped me from being there in person but I don’t have access to either service.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Are the paid streams and sportsnet the only places to watch the games? I’m looking to follow McGill from Quebec since the storm stopped me from being there in person but I don’t have access to either service.

i think so. Webcast for the 1/4 finals. Should McGill advance, the Semis are on Sportsnet somewhere.

If you left today you could be here for Friday games.

Stfx82

Mar 15, 2018
Hi Folks.
I’m watching the X game now - they are up 2-0.
Let me say I’m grateful I can watch the game streamed to my 65” plasma. Unfortunately I had to pay to watch it and it’s not a HD feed. I dare say, I doubt it’s a SD feed. The quality is terrible.
I’m hoping my $10 will combine to allow an upgrade to better camera and infrastructure for future broadcasts.
Go X Go.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Well, my prediction looked kinda ok for the first half of the game.
Brock struggled to score all season in the OUA - they've got a veteran squad, but just don't have the firepower to compete at this level. I think this is the last we'll see of Brock for a few years.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Well, my prediction looked kinda ok for the first half of the game.

Give some credit to SFX who looked so-so for half the game. The 3rd period belonged to SFX. Brock didn't have the speed to keep up. It was entertaining for a while. I don't think UNB will "struggle" tonight.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I must say, that went better than I could have ever imagined. I was a little nervous going in that UNB was due for one of those wonky games where everything was going to go wrong.

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
VReds played a near flawless game on the back end. Only one real mistake. It was nice to get some power play goals. Seven different goal scorers tonight.

Turcotte (Stingers goalie) played great in the second. I can only guess he got injured.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
VReds played a near flawless game on the back end. Only one real mistake. It was nice to get some power play goals. Seven different goal scorers tonight.

Turcotte (Stingers goalie) played great in the second. I can only guess he got injured.

Upper body injury for Turcotte...wondering if he suffered a concussion when he got bumped in to by Thomas (I think it was)...or when he took that shot off the mask.

Last edited:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That was a terrible game tonight. Concordia may be good in their division but.... UNB were relentless tonight and totally over matched the Stingers in every facet of the game. Looking forward to two good games tomorrow and some good semis on Sat.

6yekcoh

Apr 13, 2012
So McGill/Concordia split their season’s games ,what can we expect at the McGill/Sask games this evening

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
So McGill/Concordia split their season’s games ,what can we expect at the McGill/Sask games this evening

I don't think USK is at 100% or 'firing on all cylinders' so I think this game can go either way. USK didn't have much luck vs ALB as the visitor this year (0-3 and a season record of 1-5), so maybe McG can give ALB a better challenge so I'm leaning towards McG winning this game, but it will be a 1-goal margin. USK has the experience of being here last year, but so does McG who bowed out in their QFinal game vs SFX (4-1)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad