GDT: 2018 Training Camp Part 5 | Locally Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have a tough time saying this Penguins team is the best team in the cap era when it's debatable for whether they even have the best roster in the NHL this year. San Jose just added Karlsson, after all.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I have a tough time saying this Penguins team is the best team in the cap era when it's debatable for whether they even have the best roster in the NHL this year. San Jose just added Karlsson, after all.

tenor.gif

Don't bring up the Pens off-season fail.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Geriatric versions of them. Hasek was pulled in round 1.

I assumed when you said “on paper” you meant “on paper”.

If you want to talk dominant teams 2011 Vancouver is the best of the cap era no question in my mind.

They aren’t injured and succumb to typical Bruins reffing and that team would’ve been a powerhouse for years.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I assumed when you said “on paper” you meant “on paper”.

If you want to talk dominant teams 2011 Vancouver is the best of the cap era no question in my mind.

They aren’t injured and succumb to typical Bruins reffing and that team would’ve been a powerhouse for years.

Well, I do mean "on paper", but "on paper" at the time the team took the ice. Not just "name value".

In 08, Chelios and Hasek were not superstars.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is defintely better than ours, but I'd say we have a 1, a 2 and four 4s. Not too shaby.

We have 2 generational centers and Phil.

I mean. Not knocking the Sharks, but, on paper, we are freaking loaded.

The Sharks have a generational #1 defenseman, another elite #1 defenseman and another guy who's arguably a #1 defenseman. Their defense absolutely blows the Penguins out of the water, it's not even a question. It's not like their forwards are chopped liver, either, they are extremely strong at forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad