WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Francouz is playing today. Chytil in lineup, he should be okay after yesterday hit. And Jordán instead of Polášek with Sklenička on morning skate.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Bad news, unfortunately. Andrej Nestrašil is done for the rest of the tournament. His injured shoulder didn't allow him to play.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Having watched a few of their games they look very vulnerable. Of the three possibilities (Can, USA, Fin), I'd almost say they're the most playable this year, not to say it would be an easy match, but we will be underdogs in any of those cases.

Finland has now lost to Germany and denmark as well... Hard for me to accept that US is the big dog in that pool.

Reactions: maclean

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Bad news, unfortunately. Andrej Nestrašil is done for the rest of the tournament. His injured shoulder didn't allow him to play.
That stinks... He has very bad luck but, when healthy, he was making a difference. More ice time for Chytil which is good at least.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Finland has now lost to Germany and denmark as well... Hard for me to accept that US is the big dog in that pool.
It will open against everyone. We definitely can beat Canada, Finland and USA in one game. I hope we will be ready for QF even if the last 3 games are not the best preparation for us. But at least we can earn some self-confidence, like the two shutouts for Francouz and Rittich.

There is also still possibility of QF vs Denmark. It's not even that impossible, if we take in count expected results then Canada beat Latvia and Germany and Denmark beat Latvia. Then it's needed USA win vs Finland and Sweden win vs Russia, which is also nothing impossible. Only unlikely thing is Slovakia take some points vs Russia. We will see.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
It looks like it was good step by Jandac not to take Zadina and Kaut. I simply can't imagine instead of which wing they should be in this well working team. Pasta and Jaskin? No. Repik and Cervus? No. Kubalik and Hyka? Maybe they are not so productive, but they aren't bad aswell. And in last line is Horak aka scoring machine :laugh: and young player Chytil.
The only free place is 13th forward or maybeeeeee we can live without Hyka.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
It looks like it was good step by Jandac not to take Zadina and Kaut. I simply can't imagine instead of which wing they should be in this well working team. Pasta and Jaskin? No. Repik and Cervus? No. Kubalik and Hyka? Maybe they are not so productive, but they aren't bad aswell. And in last line is Horak aka scoring machine :laugh: and young player Chytil.

Actually Kubalik has 5 points so far in the tournament. That's pretty decent production. I was really surprised by his passing abilites and a very good corner rotation. Much more complete player than he used to be.

Reactions: Jablkon

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Happy to hear Chytil is alright. Poor guy was in tears after that hit :(

I hope he gets more ice-time to show what he can do.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Horák is playing really good. Reliable player with good offensive ability, good on PP, PK. He was good last year too, 6 points in 8 games. Coachs must love to have him in team.

And I also really like Jaškin, his physical game is really good, he is powerhouse in offensive zone. He is also perfect fit to Krejčí and Pastrňák. 7 p in 6 g speaks for itself.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I couldn't agree more - Horák and Jaškin playing above average, both being a pleasant surprise for me. :)
I think all players are playing above average and Jaskin is monster :laugh:
... and funny fact is, we have almost the same type of player in Hertl :naughty: and I don't think we ever had these type of players. Big, strong forward who can use his body. Best infront of the net but skilled enough to play 1 vs 1 in offensive zone and with very good shot. And now we have 2 :laugh: and both of them are still young.

... future is very, very slowly looking more bright again.

just for fun team CZE offense with all available:
Palat - Krejci - Pasta
Jaskin - Hertl -Voracek
Necas - Plekanec - Kase O.
Faksa - Hanzal - Frolik .... solid checking line :laugh:

HM: Vrana, Chytil, Zacha, Kaut, Zadina, Nosek, Frk, D. Kase, Sedlak, Kubalik, Nestrasil etc. (all young ... not bad)

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It will open against everyone. We definitely can beat Canada, Finland and USA in one game. I hope we will be ready for QF even if the last 3 games are not the best preparation for us. But at least we can earn some self-confidence, like the two shutouts for Francouz and Rittich.

There is also still possibility of QF vs Denmark. It's not even that impossible, if we take in count expected results then Canada beat Latvia and Germany and Denmark beat Latvia. Then it's needed USA win vs Finland and Sweden win vs Russia, which is also nothing impossible. Only unlikely thing is Slovakia take some points vs Russia. We will see.

Given the way we've played and how we're built I think our QF will be a 1 goal game regardless of Canada, USA, FInland or Denmark (who are near 100% and playing well)... I can't see the 'big 3' blowing us out this time around and I could see Denmark really pushing us to a good game. Basically, Thursday is going to be stressful.lol

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I know it's little bit early:naughty:... but tomorrow I'm gonna cheer for Russia (vs Sweden) :laugh:

Because in hypothetical semi-final is winner of A3 (CZE) vs B2 playing with winner of A1 vs B4 :naughty: so I wanna Russia to win our group. They are more playable than Sweden for us.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So is Francouz number 1?

Chytil with points in back to back games... Kubalik and jaskin with a .ppg I believe. I think we are ready... 7 games and 1 loss to Sweden. Very nice results.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
So we're probably getting the US. That's pretty tough, Kane-Gaudreau combo scares me. I just hope our guys are gonna play their hearts out and we will see some entertaining hockey. If our D doesn't fall apart we definitely have a chance.

Who do you think starts in net ?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Finn's really show up for big games! Dominant wins over Canada and US. US are a brutal draw after such a nice round robin. Our D and goalie will have to be outstanding and the David's will need their A game. We can win but it will not be easy.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So we're probably getting the US. That's pretty tough, Kane-Gaudreau combo scares me. I just hope our guys are gonna play their hearts out and we will see some entertaining hockey. If our D doesn't fall apart we definitely have a chance.

Who do you think starts in net ?

They have very similar stats... Around .900 but Rittich has that against Sweden and Russia which were both very high scoring teams. Tough call... They are even but I have seen nothing that says Francouz is a starter.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Finn's really show up for big games! Dominant wins over Canada and US. US are a brutal draw after such a nice round robin. Our D and goalie will have to be outstanding and the David's will need their A game. We can win but it will not be easy.

It would always be a brutal draw - out of Canada, USA, Finland. I actually would be maybe even more scared of playing against the Finns.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I reckon Rittich will start.

Oh man, not the USA again. If we can somehow beat them, I'm confident in a medal.

Our defense will need to have one hell of a day though!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I'm satisfied. I didn't want Canada.
USA is playable opponent.

Now all cheer for Russia (vs Sweden).

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
why do you cheer for russia with that history you have with them?
In hypothetical semifinal, winner of match (A3 CZE vs B2 USA) will play with winner of match A1 vs B4 - so if Russia will win our group ... I think they are better for us than Sweden :laugh:
But of course we must pass it through QF first :laugh:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
And Jandac syndrom is comming. US team is playable imo. This team is able to beat them but Krejci and Pastrnak have to step up because what they are doing right now is more like exhibition showcase.

I didn't want Finnland to be honest. They look too good. Clear gold medal favourite.

I wish you the best mr. Jandac but its not my fault this nontrust feeling is comming again.Prove me wrong!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad