WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Woohoo! Wins over Slovakia and Switzerland should give us a very good chance of making quarterfinals... nothing is guaranteed but that should make it much easier.

The good - Necas looked very good and 100%. I don't think I realize how good he is. We won. Francouz really shut it down in the end stopping 6 penalty shots. We were dominant in third and OT

The bad - pretty much everything else.. one stupid penalty after another, too many goals against, Jaskin might be suspended, our Penalty Kill was bad

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Lucky win, really bad performance. 26 penalty minutes, most of them unnecessary, especially the Jaškin one. We were lucky today, but we must work really hard to be better. But at least Francouz and Nečas played good, Moravčík also with good game.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Necas is just fantastic to watch. I can't wait to watch him in Carolina, maybe paired with Aho sooner or later.

Reactions: Jablkon

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Very happy to see Necas get so much time and space on the PP and in OT. Would also like to see Chytil get stuck in too. Just thinking about a PP involving Necas and Pastrnak makes me drool :D

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
It's really confirmed per Josef Jandač. David Krejčí and David Pastrňák added to roster! Excellent news.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I am really happy Krejčí will come. It will be nice to see him in NT jersey again. And line ? - Krejčí - Pastrňák will be amazing. Big respect for both for coming:thumbu:.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am really happy Krejčí will come. It will be nice to see him in NT jersey again. And line ? - Krejčí - Pastrňák will be amazing. Big respect for both for coming:thumbu:.
So happy to be wrong on this... And Sulak... Our centres are now plekanec, faksa, krejci and necas... That is deep! Can't wait to see line combos when they join. Sorry kaut didn't make it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also... Does anyone have recaps with minutes played... Curious who has been getting what?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Dekuju!

Jordan and krejcik are not playing much

Yeah, note that Jordán did no longer play on the first pair with Gudas today. He had significantly more ice time in the first two matches (17:45 vs. SVK, 15:32 vs. SWE), and dropped to only 9:17 today. I saw Jandac being mad at one of his players during the 2nd period today. Wonder, if that was him, or one of the guys who took one of these many unnecessary penalties. :naughty:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, note that Jordán did no longer play on the first pair with Gudas today. He had significantly more ice time in the first two matches (17:45 vs. SVK, 15:32 vs. SWE), and dropped to only 9:17 today. I saw Jandac being mad at one of his players during the 2nd period today. Wonder, if that was him, or one of the guys who took one of these many unnecessary penalties. :naughty:

Based on what I saw... Jandac should've been mad at pretty much everybody.lol

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Pavel Francouz

Moravcik - Gudas
Hronek - Sulak
Polasek - Sklenicka
Jordan - Krejcik

Kubalik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Cervenka - Necas - Nestrasil/Chytil
Jaskin - Plekanec - Horak/Repik
Kousal - Faksa - Hyka

2nd & 3rd lines can be swapped if needed

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pavel Francouz

Moravcik - Gudas
Hronek - Sulak
Polasek - Sklenicka
Jordan - Krejcik

Kubalik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Cervenka - Necas - Nestrasil/Chytil
Jaskin - Plekanec - Horak/Repik
Kousal - Faksa - Hyka

2nd & 3rd lines can be swapped if needed
Our forward options look good... Not sure how I feel about faksa as 4C though. I'm still leaning towards Necas on wing and faksa as 2c personally.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Our forward options look good... Not sure how I feel about faksa as 4C though. I'm still leaning towards Necas on wing and faksa as 2c personally.

This. He's far too good to play 4th line. Let Horak remain on that position. He does a real good job on that line, and is one of my favourite players on the Czech team so far

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
So Krejčí and Pastrňák will arrive on Thursday if everything go well, they can play vs Russia already. But little worrisome thing is they didn't pass medical checkup yet, it is indeed today as was stated before. Hopefully just formality.

Reactions: Vidy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So Krejčí and Pastrňák will arrive on Thursday if everything go well, they can play vs Russia already. But little worrisome thing is they didn't pass medical checkup yet, it is indeed today as was stated before. Hopefully just formality.

I heard they almost got Voracek as well and wanted to create a super line 1. That would've been beautiful to watch, especially against the lesser teams coming up after Russia.

Russia match - I consider us massive underdogs and am curious how it goes but will not be too upset if we lose... the next 3 matches, though, I want 9 points. I know it won't be easy but I think we can take them out with our offence which is getting better by the day.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Robin Hanzl, Martin Kaut and David Šťastný are leaving the team as expected.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Robin Hanzl, Martin Kaut and David Šťastný are leaving the team as expected.

I suppose, in a year filled with injuries and declines, that it is a great problem to have to be able to send home players of such a high quality. Including Frk and Zadina in this as well.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The team can really use Pasta and Krejčí's firepower. Would love to see them against Russia but considering they're not flying in until tomorrow, I kinda figure they'll take the time to acclimatise. If they did play they'd likely be wiped anyhow.

Rittich getting the start in goal against Russia tomorrow, allegedly in part because the Russian players don't know him (as Francouz has been in the KHL many years).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad