WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Nečas is feeling better, he is going at optional practice today. And Jiří Fischer will speak about Hertl, Krejčí and Pastrňák today in 8 PM CET, then we will know more.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nečas is feeling better, he is going at optional practice today. And Jiří Fischer will speak about Hertl, Krejčí and Pastrňák today in 8 PM CET, then we will know more.

So happy about Necas... hope pastrnak is on a plane

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I consider the Swiss game one of our most important. Was hoping Slovakia would beat them to create separation... mind you 2 through 4 in our group will get USA, Canada and Finland in crossover most likely and that will be very hard.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Babula

May 31, 2012
I consider the Swiss game one of our most important. Was hoping Slovakia would beat them to create separation... mind you 2 through 4 in our group will get USA, Canada and Finland in crossover most likely and that will be very hard.

look at u-18 Czech they beat only France in round robin and then they exclude Canada in Q's

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Here it is. David Krejčí and David Pastrňák both want to come, which excellent news, but they must pass Wednesday medical checkup first. Tomáš Hertl declined due to his contract situation.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Here it is. David Krejčí and David Pastrňák both want to come, but they must pass medical first tommorow. Tomáš Hertl declined due to his contract situation.

wow cannot wait how the line up will look with these two... :crossfing nice to have them against Russia, but even niceier in quarterfinal...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Here it is. David Krejčí and David Pastrňák both want to come, which excellent news, but they must pass Wednesday medical checkup first. Tomáš Hertl declined due to his contract situation.

Boy do I not like the sound of that. Sounds like both won't make it to me.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I hope at least one will pass it. If they both would come, it probably mean Hanzl, Kaut and Šťastný will not play. I think they want to go 14 + 8, which mean Krejčík will be added.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I hope at least one will pass it. If they both would come, it probably mean Hanzl, Kaut and Šťastný will not play. I think they want to go 14 + 8, which mean Krejčík will be added.

is there replacement if Krejcik is still not healthy enough ? edit nice add Krejci and Krejcik :)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
look at u-18 Czech they beat only France in round robin and then they exclude Canada in Q's

Who would you rather be in that situation? The Czech team who lost to everyone, then beat Canada in one game only to beaten easily in the SemiFinals and Finals or team Canada who was undefeated and had a bad game? The victory was awesome and I was in total shock but it doesn't change the fact that the Canadian team was much stronger and has a lot more NHL prospects than that Czech team. Hopefully it raised Dostal's draft stock but, generally speaking, that is a weaker group of players.

I hear these arguments a lot and I totally understand hockey is a team sport and anyone can win on any given day (German's at Olympics). But I'd rather always have a really strong team then rely on 'anyone can win'. It goes back to 1996 World Cup where we had a big name team and they got killed. Then, 2 years later, we won Nagano by leaving behind NHL guys. Or 2010 where we had almost no NHL guys and won Gold. I feel like that is becoming the norm. Let's not send the best team because our B and C teams have won Gold medals a few times. Or let's keep sending Extraliga guys over NHL guys because half the Nagano team was Extraliga guys.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
is there replacement if Krejcik is still not healthy enough ?
No. But Dušan Singer (NT doctor) said Krejčík is 100% ready for WHC games. They probably just waited if Hertl doesn't change his mind.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Who would you rather be in that situation? The Czech team who lost to everyone, then beat Canada in one game only to beaten easily in the SemiFinals and Finals or team Canada who was undefeated and had a bad game? The victory was awesome and I was in total shock but it doesn't change the fact that the Canadian team was much stronger and has a lot more NHL prospects than that Czech team. Hopefully it raised Dostal's draft stock but, generally speaking, that is a weaker group of players.

I hear these arguments a lot and I totally understand hockey is a team sport and anyone can win on any given day (German's at Olympics). But I'd rather always have a really strong team then rely on 'anyone can win'. It goes back to 1996 World Cup where we had a big name team and they got killed. Then, 2 years later, we won Nagano by leaving behind NHL guys. Or 2010 where we had almost no NHL guys and won Gold. I feel like that is becoming the norm. Let's not send the best team because our B and C teams have won Gold medals a few times. Or let's keep sending Extraliga guys over NHL guys because half the Nagano team was Extraliga guys.

hockey is an incredibly fast sport and the rules are set.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Why Fischer can't be NT GM forever :thumbu: Hertl's team lost just few hours ago and our GM knows Hertl's opinion (same with BOS players). It's awesome when GM has respect like this among players.

Reactions: Maluk11

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Why Fischer can't be NT GM forever :thumbu: Hertl's team lost just few hours ago and our GM knows Hertl's opinion (same with BOS players). It's awesome when GM has respect like this among players.
I agree. And the most important thing is he has respect from NHL teams GM and other staff thanks to his work for Detroit. He is doing great work.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I agree. And the most important thing is he has respect from NHL teams GM and other staff thanks to his work for Detroit. He is doing great work.
There were few articles in newspapers before WCH about Petr Nedved as a new GM from next season. Not bad but 0 experience. I want Fischer :laugh: again :laugh:

Babula

May 31, 2012
haha Nedved as GM of Canada I would like to take his brother Jaroslav first.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
haha Nedved as GM of Canada I would like to take his brother Jaroslav first.
Or football player Pavel Nedved :cool: atleast he is manager or director (I don't know it exactly) :laugh: of JUVE one of the best clubs on the world

Babula

May 31, 2012
ok i have to chill out. no offense against Petr Nedved. I was watching Jaroslav in the evening and Petr in the night time.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Out of topic. Filip Pyrochta signed with Nashville Predators. It will be interesting to watch how many defensemen from this team will eventually play in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad