WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Out of topic. Filip Pyrochta signed with Nashville Predators. It will be interesting to watch how many defensemen from this team will eventually play in the NHL.

It's great news but I can't think of a harder Top 6 D in the NHL to try to join? Simek is a better player and San Jose has a worse D and he won't crack that roster till, hopefully, next year. Should've signed in Edmonton or Buffalo where there is very little competition.

Babula

May 31, 2012
ok Ondrej Kase was that kind of guy who had no chance to play NHL and even more in Anaheim. We will see Pyrochta case sooner than later.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
ok Ondrej Kase was that kind of guy who had no chance to play NHL and even more in Anaheim. We will see Pyrochta case sooner than later.

1. Kase is a forward not a D men (13 on a team vs 7)
2. Kase was drafted Pyrochta was not

You might be right but he has a really tough road ahead of him.

3. He didn't make the World Team

Babula

May 31, 2012
yep. Kase was drafted at 211. position (7 th rounder) i do not remember what position was Palat (Tampa)

Last edited:

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Boy do I not like the sound of that. Sounds like both won't make it to me.

yeah, as soon as I hear "but they have to pass medical checkup first" the probability of them joining WC just drops by 99% :laugh: On that note, I think Pasta is more likely to come though, compared to Krejci, who unfortunately very often suffers from various injuries...man how much further could he have made it in his career - if not for those periodic annoying setbacks...

In any case, it would be great if both joined the team, they would really add some skill to our roster. Especially Pasta has made an incredible step forward this season. Also its great news that Necas is okay, what a relief.

Babula

May 31, 2012
right. The fans was critizing Pasta last year for immature play in NT and are do they so much against Krejci for his route. they hate them for some reason. this people are not ready for Pasta and Krejci represent them...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
yeah, as soon as I hear "but they have to pass medical checkup first" the probability of them joining WC just drops by 99% :laugh: On that note, I think Pasta is more likely to come though, compared to Krejci, who unfortunately very often suffers from various injuries...man how much further could he have made it in his career - if not for those periodic annoying setbacks...

In any case, it would be great if both joined the team, they would really add some skill to our roster. Especially Pasta has made an incredible step forward this season. Also its great news that Necas is okay, what a relief.

Also, why Wednesday? Are there no doctors that do this sort of thing available before Wednesday? Can they not ask to have the medical yesterda? Hronek and Sulak were confirmed within hours of their game ending. Today is Monday so we wait 2 full days, they get clearance and then a plane ticket... so they'd fly in for the France game? I read there is a team dinner tomorrow night (Tuesday) so maybe they are going to that but that I'm positive they could skip it.

If I read that other Bruins are joining the team tomorrow then all hope will be lost.

For the record.. huge fan of both and think they could really help a lot. Krejci is the best Centre we have IMO. Pastrnak is either our best player or 2nd best player (Voracek) right now.

Reactions: norma

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Here it is. David Krejčí and David Pastrňák both want to come, which excellent news, but they must pass Wednesday medical checkup first. Tomáš Hertl declined due to his contract situation.

Amazing! They must have seen the footage from the Royal Arena when Necas scored vs. Slovakia.
Crossing fingers for a win vs. SUI today + a smooth medical checkup.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What're the chances of Kaut getting into a game?

My understanding is 50-50... if Pastrnak and Krejci said they weren't coming then I think he'd be playing the Swiss tomorrow. However, those spots are being held for them right now (and an injured Necas). If they come I think he'll be sent home with Stastny and Hanzl. I'm curious if one comes if he gets prioirty over Hanzl?

Reactions: Retroglyphs

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So now Dominik Simon also available. Could be a good addition if one of the duo Krejci - Pastrnak can't arrive. Not sure if coaches are interested though.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Good to see that one or both of Krejci and Pastrnak will come. I've been watching Pastrnak in the playoffs and he's been absolutely fantastic. If he plays the same way in the national team he will decide games for us. Last year he wasn't quite ready for that role, but this year he can do it for sure.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
So now Dominik Simon also available. Could be a good addition if one of the duo Krejci - Pastrnak can't arrive. Not sure if coaches are interested though.
I think they aren't interested in Simon. If there is no Krejčí or Pastrňák, then one of Hanzl, Kaut and Šťastný will play.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Also, why Wednesday? Are there no doctors that do this sort of thing available before Wednesday? Can they not ask to have the medical yesterda? Hronek and Sulak were confirmed within hours of their game ending. Today is Monday so we wait 2 full days, they get clearance and then a plane ticket... so they'd fly in for the France game? I read there is a team dinner tomorrow night (Tuesday) so maybe they are going to that but that I'm positive they could skip it.

If I read that other Bruins are joining the team tomorrow then all hope will be lost.

For the record.. huge fan of both and think they could really help a lot. Krejci is the best Centre we have IMO. Pastrnak is either our best player or 2nd best player (Voracek) right now.
I don't think it's anything we should worry about. They have team dinner, locker clean out, exit interviews. It take some time and it's also not very tactful to leave right after your team was eliminated.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Btw I really wish Krejci pass medical check. I know he is criticised by Boston fans but he deserves shot in national team. This guy has just great attitude and deserves medal for his entire career. I never forget him complaining about how career is short and he might never has a chance to represent. If those two join the team. Medal must be target!

Best player in 2010 and 2014. Great person and example for young guys!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
How do you think Pastrnak - Krejci - Necas will work? Too soft against stronger opponents or we will just see best WHC line?
Necas is center, so I'll play him as center in second line. And Pasta will play right wing, I would say :nod: Krejci, Necas, Pleky and Faksa ... best centers depth we ever had :naughty:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How do you think Pastrnak - Krejci - Necas will work? Too soft against stronger opponents or we will just see best WHC line?
I love the line because it has 2 centres... a lot of the good teams do this now. For instance McDavid and RNH in Edmonton/Team Canada. I think that line could really cause damage.

Having said that, I'm not sure if any of those 3 are playing for us.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Btw I really wish Krejci pass medical check. I know he is criticised by Boston fans but he deserves shot in national team. This guy has just great attitude and deserves medal for his entire career. I never forget him complaining about how career is short and he might never has a chance to represent. If those two join the team. Medal must be target!

Best player in 2010 and 2014. Great person and example for young guys!

Krejci is amazing.. ppg in playoffs again and ran that second line in Boston beautifully. Plus led the playoffs twice in scoring. Our best centre.

Reactions: Maluk11

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I love the line because it has 2 centres... a lot of the good teams do this now. For instance McDavid and RNH in Edmonton/Team Canada. I think that line could really cause damage.

Having said that, I'm not sure if any of those 3 are playing for us.lol
That was What I was thinking too. True is Necas would have to play over his hand and they would have to change his line from Slovakia match. Mirinho is therefore probably right that we wont see such a line, still it would damn interesting to watch. Barcelona style in speed.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Jakub Krejčík registered, defense is complete with him. If David Krejčí and David Pastrnak will join, the roster will be complete (14+8). And Martin Nečas is playing today!

Also today D-pairs:

Moravčík - Gudas
Šulák - Hronek
Polášek - Sklenička
Krejčík - Jordán

Lines are same (like was vs Slovakia), Francouz in net.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jakub Krejčík registered, defense is complete with him. If David Krejčí and David Pastrnak will join, the roster will be complete (14+8). And Martin Nečas is playing today!

Also today D-pairs:

Moravčík - Gudas
Šulák - Hronek
Polášek - Sklečnika
Krejčík - Jordán

Lines are same, Francouz in net.
Awesome about Necas... hope he is 100% and not risking more injury. Those D pairs are 'interesting'.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00