Who do you see in the top 6 if Honka is 7
You're not serious right?
I see the 5 legitimate NHlers on the roster
Klingberg
Lindell
Heiskanen
Johns
Methot

and a wildcard spot between garbage (polak) and Young players who thus far has shown nothing (Heatherinton, Honka ,etc) all the while i fully expect that once Montgomery sees how useless he is in roughly half the ice (the more important half considering the other players on the roster) he will sit more than he plays.
Especially with Lindell, Heiskanen, Klingberg eating what should be the bulk of time on the only thing Honka's skill-set is geared toward, although he was garbage at that last year as well

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Haha I consider myself a pessimist but even I blushed at that.

I'm not writing Honka off quite yet. Let's see what he can do, especially if the three you mention do eat up up alot of time and he ends up with "softer-ish" minutes and matchups. Obviously sending him out there against the wolves is bad, but I'd like to see how he plays after he gains some confidence and maybe some chemistry with his partner.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Haha I consider myself a pessimist but even I blushed at that.

I'm not writing Honka off quite yet. Let's see what he can do, especially if the three you mention do eat up up alot of time and he ends up with "softer-ish" minutes and matchups. Obviously sending him out there against the wolves is bad, but I'd like to see how he plays after he gains some confidence and maybe some chemistry with his partner.

I've pretty much written him off as a trade piece at this point. Whether it's Karlsson or not. It's been reiterated that even if Stars dont land Karlsson that Nill has other irons in the fire. Looking at how Nill has operated since he got to Dallas, I can't see him sitting back doing nothing. I'm betting Tom Gaglardi has put serious pressure on him to acquire a high end player with us missing out on Tavares and being in the conversation to get EK.

Really hoping he packages our 1st round pick with some good pieces to get a good player. God knows he's not going to draft an impactful player with that pick.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Can’t see a deal being made until November for Panarin/Pacioretty/Karlsson

At least by then we will know if the team is trash or not

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Can’t see a deal being made until November for Panarin/Pacioretty/Karlsson

At least by then we will know if the team is trash or not

I understand where you're coming from as far as Panarin and Pacioretty but can Ottawa really afford to hold onto Karlsson until November? If he gets injured they'll be up shit creek without a paddle. I know that's worst case scenario but I truly dont see how their management would think it's a good idea to play the waiting game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thing to remember when talking Panarin- if you move Honka for him, suddenly you’re stuck giving Polak regular minutes.

Columbus would have no interest in a dman imo. Their defense is set they would want a top forward prospect + other pieces

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I understand where you're coming from as far as Panarin and Pacioretty but can Ottawa really afford to hold onto Karlsson until November? If he gets injured they'll be up **** creek without a paddle. I know that's worst case scenario but I truly dont see how their management would think it's a good idea to play the waiting game.

My rationale isn’t based upon anything (except potentially a poor memory)- but when was the last big ticket player was traded during training camp?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
My rationale isn’t based upon anything (except potentially a poor memory)- but when was the last big ticket player was traded during training camp?

Good point. I assumed just like Friedman that the Heatley situation would be enough of a scare to trade Karlsson before camp but that was a while ago now. Probably not even on their radar anymore.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not sure what CBJ needs, but probably some roster players to win now. Plus we need to clear cap space, so Janmark, Lindell, 1st is a start. Maybe their choice of Nuke or Shore with their nearly $3mil contracts. Replace Lindell with Heatherington is a down grade, but it is what it is. Bring up Hintz dickenson, etc. To fill FW spots cheap. Bread man w pi old be a great addition.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
A thread on NHL Talk asked what unknown player could crack your teams roster, it didn’t say starting roster.

Adam Mascherin came to mind first.
I feel he could sort of show up out of nowhere like Faksa did.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
A thread on NHL Talk asked what unknown player could crack your teams roster, it didn’t say starting roster.

This team could really use someone to come out of nowhere this training camp. Mascherin would be awesome, I love his shot

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

That would be great.

I'd love for the Stars to have someone who can snipe goals because of their quick, accurate release. They don't even have to be 'great' at anything else. I look at a guy like Michael Ryder when he played on the Stars. You knew what you were getting. 200 foot player with speed? No. Guy who could get open and rip it top shelf because of his elite shot? Hell yes. Game has changed a bit obviously since Ryder was on the Stars, but that is something the Stars sorely need.

Reactions: Satan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Would be nice. Nill is counting on someone coming from somewhere to add at least 20 goals to last years total. Don't think we can do it with improvements from Spezza, Shore, Ritchie, Pitlick, Faksa, etc.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Would be nice. Nill is counting on someone coming from somewhere to add at least 20 goals to last years total. Don't think we can do it with improvements from Spezza, Shore, Ritchie, Pitlick, Faksa, etc.

I could see Pitlick in a career year ( this year or next) hit 20. Faksa and Spezza should come close at the very least.

Ritchie and shore.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad