Prospect Info: 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS Development Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Can you update us on who's coaching the sessions tomorrow? I'd assume some organizational guys (Cashman, Murray, etc.) with some guest coaches sprinkled in.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Can you update us on who's coaching the sessions tomorrow? I'd assume some organizational guys (Cashman, Murray, etc.) with some guest coaches sprinkled in.

Well rierden and forsythe are still under contract so thats two that we know

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well rierden and forsythe are still under contract so thats two that we know
They don't typically run the camps though. It usually has been primarily Troy Mann and his staff (Bryan Helmer before he became the GM, Reid Cashman and Ryan Murphy who was also let go with Troy this year)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Intrigued by UDFA invitee Patrick Giles. Local kid (Chevy Chase). USNDP veteran committed to Boston College. 6'4" center. Not much in terms of offensive upside, but his size is obviously appealing. Will have to see how he translates to higher levels of competition.

Reactions: bags92

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They don't typically run the camps though. It usually has been primarily Troy Mann and his staff (Bryan Helmer before he became the GM, Reid Cashman and Ryan Murphy who was also let go with Troy this year)

true but with no coaches, those two probably will have to lead it

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Finally, some action! DCamp action.

I wanted to go to today. I got punked. I figured there would be prospects walking ALL over the place, and few fans. Prime RH interview time. Oh and Carlson more willing than ever to ink a recent T / jersey purchase. Yes, it's safe to get his 74. Kid got sick, work blew up, day is a disaster.

I may sneak over at lunch on Wednesday, or tomorrow for the alumni game.

I am going to assume Giles is not related to Curt Giles. Since you know, one of them has height.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm heading over tomorrow, leaving B-more around 6a.

Really want to see Axel, Samsonov and Alexeyev and buy lots of stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: foundhockey

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Intrigued by UDFA invitee Patrick Giles. Local kid (Chevy Chase). USNDP veteran committed to Boston College. 6'4" center. Not much in terms of offensive upside, but his size is obviously appealing. Will have to see how he translates to higher levels of competition.

Kinda surprised he didn't get drafted. Should be interesting to see how he does this week

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
This is also as early as I can remember them having it. The last couple years it has run into July. before that, it was always after July 4.
They moved it up to the week directly following the draft two years ago. This was to try and get a better crop of invites as well as get the players to dev camp while they are already in the US (for any of the international guys). So it is kind of tied to when the draft is.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
You know AJF's going to be the sweetheart of the camp. Move over Tom Wilson there's a new heart throb in town.
tumblr_p1ycppaWQt1rmvhn8o2_640.gif

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I’m here if anyone wants to chat. White UPS sweatshirt. ;)

So in order to see Alexeyev AND any of the forwards I am gonna have to run between both rinks as they are split to start.

Just asked a Caps equipment guy “who is running camp?” and he said “Cashman (?), guys from Carolina (ECHL I presume), some college coaches, and yes Todd Reirden is around”.

This has been your Dev Camp update courtesy of your on the scene reporter, San Spade.

p.s. The Caps media WiFi password at Kettler is “Gocaps17”. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad