Prospect Info: 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS Development Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’m here if anyone wants to chat. White UPS sweatshirt. ;)

So in order to see Alexeyev AND any of the forwards I am gonna have to run between both rinks as they are split to start.

Just asked a Caps equipment guy “who is running camp?” and he said “Cashman (?), guys from Carolina (ECHL I presume), some college coaches, and yes Todd Reirden is around”.

This has been your Dev Camp update courtesy of your on the scene reporter, San Spade.

p.s. The Caps media WiFi password at Kettler is “Gocaps17”. ;)
Cashman is the assistant from Hershey that wasn’t let go following the season. Works with the D in Hershey and former assistant coach at Quinnipac University.

South Carolina guys would most likely be the Stingrays coaching staff which includes head coach Ryan Warsofsky

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
So far so good. Got Alexeyev and Johansen to sign pucks for my “son”. :naughty:

Axel is beautiful, if I get his sig I can die happy. ;)

There is NO ONE here and I love it!!! I just said good morning to Ross Mahoney and told him good job, he seemed genuinely pleased I knew who he was and that I thanked him.

Stick handling drills no one is close to Gersich.

Last edited:

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Four goalies on the ice none of them is Samsanov. ?????

Watched both sides now, forwards and D, man are the Caps gonna have some D trade chips. There are some really good kids on D.

Axel seems nervous, fumbling pucks, etc. but he can FLY!!!

Oh and Mitch Korn is HERE.
I was wondering why there were 5 goalies on the roster. Maybe he is nursing something or they gave him the morning off for jet lag reasons.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well I got my wish, Axel signed my puck. I also got a picture with Axel and Alex Alex.

I have to say AJF did not look good in his first session, nerves, trying too hard, who knows. Did better once the drills picked up speed wise so maybe he wasn’t used to the slow pace in the beginning.

Let me also say what a nice guy he is. Took time for all the people, granted there were like 10 but still, he stopped and actually talked to us. Nice, really handsome ;) kid.

2v8iuTo1_o.jpeg

I also got Sutter to sign a puck which was kind of cool.

Clark was a very heady player, made the right reads every time. Giles looked good as well. Again I think Gersich was head and shoulders above the rest though.

Was way more impressed with the D side of the practice. I’ve been to a ton of these and that was by far the best group of D I’ve seen.

Lastly, all the good merch is gone, no gray hats, T-shirt’s, inflatable Cups, nothing. Employee said they have sold out of everything four times already. :(

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am sure they will re-up on the merch before Saturday. That place will be a zoo.

Any of the older guys look good besides Gersich?

Pinho, he knows the what to do all the time.

And I can’t express enough how fast AJF was. I’ve seen McDavid live and AJF did not look like he couldn’t keep up. He also goes balls out every drill.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Today seemed very board work and cycle focused. Every drill I saw on both sides had some element of playing off the boards.

D drills were individual, so not much to gather. But the two observations I had were: (1) this is a big group. Zech (invitee) was the only small one. Kennok-Leipert (who had "Kennok" on the back of his jersey) didn't look as small as his listed size. (2) Seigenthaler's skating looks much improved since the last I saw him. Alzner-esque in his 4-way mobility with a little more jump.

F drills were much more entertaining, as they were competing. Axel really shined in the cycle. Good battles between Sutter and Giles. Clark showed some nice hands--roofed one from the top of the crease.

Samsonov was present, but in sweats. Was sitting in the balcony with Olie, Forsythe, and Helmer. Reiden was also in the house, but not on the ice.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Today seemed very board work and cycle focused. Every drill I saw on both sides had some element of playing off the boards.

D drills were individual, so not much to gather. But the two observations I had were: (1) this is a big group. Zech (invitee) was the only small one. Kennok-Leipert (who had "Kennok" on the back of his jersey) didn't look as small as his listed size. (2) Seigenthaler's skating looks much improved since the last I saw him. Alzner-esque in his 4-way mobility with a little more jump.

F drills were much more entertaining, as they were competing. Axel really shined in the cycle. Good battles between Sutter and Giles. Clark showed some nice hands--roofed one from the top of the crease.

Samsonov was present, but in sweats. Was sitting in the balcony with Olie, Forsythe, and Helmer. Reiden was also in the house, but not on the ice.
That's good to hear. I'm sure he was asked to focus on skating and his offensive game. He was not great with the puck last year IMO. Made me cringe every time he made a pass out of the zone

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What's the deal w Korn? I honestly havent seen anything concrete on him....and now he's at Kettler?

I don't know but he was def conversing with the guy working with the goalies. I will be interested to see if he is on the ice for the goalies only session tomorrow.

Agreed and the cycle drills were where AJF really excelled.

Found out the scoop on Samsonov from Isabella Kurshudyan herself. I saw her and figured what the heck it couldn't hurt to ask, she said no injury, his absence was equipment related only. Maybe it didn't arrive in time?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad