NCAA GDT: 2018 Season Week 1... Showdown in South Bend

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cody Webster:

In regards to Penn State’s defense, it’s not like they were defensively stout in recent years. They gave up a boatload of points even when they won the Big 10 title game 2 years ago vs Wisconsin (Had to make a big 2nd half comeback against a team that cannot throw the ball).

And the Ohio State game last year that basically cost them a playoff spot (I think they would have made it even with the Michigan State loss).

And the less said about their defense in the Rose/Fiesta Bowls, the better.

When was the last time Penn State had a defensive stud- Tamba Hali?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Did Tennessee lose a lot of players from last year’s offense? I mean, it’s not like they have Jamal Lewis in the backfield and they failed to utilize Alvin Kamara (and we saw how he has looked when the Saints unshackled him)

Tennessee hasn't had a good offense in forever.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Notre Dame and Michigan just feels right.
I truly hate conference reallignment for the sole reason that it put games like this, Texas-A&M, KU-Mizzou, WVU-Pitt, WVU-VT, Pitt-Penn State, and Nebraska-OU on hold aside from once every few years when a miracle in scheduling allows it to happen. Some of the oldest and most storied rivalries in the college game, all to the wayside because TV money.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I truly hate conference reallignment for the sole reason that it put games like this, Texas-A&M, KU-Mizzou, WVU-Pitt, WVU-VT, Pitt-Penn State, and Nebraska-OU on hold aside from once every few years when a miracle in scheduling allows it to happen. Some of the oldest and most storied rivalries in the college game, all to the wayside because TV money.

Texas offered to play A&M again..the Aggies turned it down.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Notre Dame and Michigan just feels right.

Honestly I would love if ND dropped out of the ACC for everything non-Football and joined the Big Ten. They seem to play numerous Big Ten teams in football too anyway. Them playing Michigan/MSU/Penn State/Ohio State etc. is more compelling than against the Tobacco road schools.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Honestly I would love if ND dropped out of the ACC for everything non-Football and joined the Big Ten. They seem to play numerous Big Ten teams in football too anyway. Them playing Michigan/MSU/Penn State/Ohio State etc. is more compelling than against the Tobacco road schools.

Notre Dame is a cash cow as a football independent so that won't happen.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Michigan player nails ND player in helmet and is flagged for targeting

I don't see how he could do anything there he leads with shoulder and then it appears to be he ducks to try and avoid the contact as ND player is coming down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad