2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Just got an intriguing offer: I give up OBJ for Le'veon Bell and Will Fuller.

Not really sure what I should do here. OBJ seems to finally be finding his stride, but Bell could be a huge pickup. I'm also worried about my WR depth then too. I would have to drop someone (probably my backup K or DEF, picked up an extra of each since my starters had byes recently).

My RBs: Alvin Kamara, Adrian Peterson, Matt Breida, Chris Carson, Nyheim Hines
My WRs: OBJ, Tyler Lockett, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook

I would probably pass. No idea when Bell will show up or what his role will be when he's back.

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Who do you like better ROS between Latavius Murray and Geronimo Allison? Standard scoring. Have high waiver priority and not sure who to add between the two.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just got an intriguing offer: I give up OBJ for Le'veon Bell and Will Fuller.

Not really sure what I should do here. OBJ seems to finally be finding his stride, but Bell could be a huge pickup. I'm also worried about my WR depth then too. I would have to drop someone (probably my backup K or DEF, picked up an extra of each since my starters had byes recently).

My RBs: Alvin Kamara, Adrian Peterson, Matt Breida, Chris Carson, Nyheim Hines
My WRs: OBJ, Tyler Lockett, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook

Pass

Who do you like better ROS between Latavius Murray and Geronimo Allison? Standard scoring. Have high waiver priority and not sure who to add between the two.

Murray. Cook will at best get a timeshare if/when he's healthy.

Reactions: m9

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Genreal thoughts on Marlon Mack? And do I drop Josh Gordon to pick him up? Haven't started Gordon once this year

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like Mack, but I like Gordon as well. Who else is on your team?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Genreal thoughts on Marlon Mack? And do I drop Josh Gordon to pick him up? Haven't started Gordon once this year

I wouldn't. Game script was just about perfect for Mack last week, there's no way Andrew Luck only throws the ball 23 times in any of the remaining games. They got up early on a bad team and were able to run the ball, but I don't see that continuing all season.

Mack is still worth a shot, just not at the expense of Gordon, imo.

Reactions: Beauner

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pick one for the rest of the season, Brady or Newton. My gut leans Newton because of his high floor with rushing stats, I just wonder if his great passing numbers this season continue.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Interesting offer came my way:

Full PPR, his DJ for my Juju.

I currently have Hunt, Clement, Ito Smith, Thompson as RB. Brown, Juju, Baldwin, Robinson, Agholor, Beasley, Lockett at WR.

It would be a risk, but if DJ can get more involved in the passing game with Leftwich at OC, it could pay off huge.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pick one for the rest of the season, Brady or Newton. My gut leans Newton because of his high floor with rushing stats, I just wonder if his great passing numbers this season continue.

I like Newton. I believe Brady has fallen off (for fantasy) down the stretch in fantasy many teams over the last few years. I'd be fine with either, but give me Newton. Also, Newton has already had his bye.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I currently have Hunt, Clement, Ito Smith, Thompson as RB. Brown, Juju, Baldwin, Robinson, Agholor, Beasley, Lockett at WR.

It would be a risk, but if DJ can get more involved in the passing game with Leftwich at OC, it could pay off huge.

I think it's a good time to buy low on DJ in redraft. Keep in mind he's on a bye next week, but this should still be a good trade as long as you can afford to miss out on those points next week.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I like Newton. I believe Brady has fallen off (for fantasy) down the stretch in fantasy many teams over the last few years. I'd be fine with either, but give me Newton. Also, Newton has already had his bye.

Agreed on Cam vs Brady.

What about Cam vs Luck?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I wouldn't cut Gordon for him.

Cam

Yeah, I'd do it.

Agreed on Cam vs Brady.

What about Cam vs Luck?

Cam

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like dalvin cook is going to be out through week 10

really regretting taking that risk. my team is 4-3 somehow but he totally ruined my season

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So the trade almost got away from me.

Guy originally offered Brown and Ingram for Kamara.

But Brown was in his bye last week so we waited. He then came back this morning with Brown and Ingram for Kamara and Golladay.

I said no. Then he asked Kamara and Lockett. I said I'd give Kirk.

He wanted Devonta Freeman too... Which was odd because he's 90% season over at this point, but whatever.

So I traded Kamara, Kirk and Dev Freeman
For
Antonio Brown and Ingram.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So the trade almost got away from me.

Guy originally offered Brown and Ingram for Kamara.

But Brown was in his bye last week so we waited. He then came back this morning with Brown and Ingram for Kamara and Golladay.

I said no. Then he asked Kamara and Lockett. I said I'd give Kirk.

He wanted Devonta Freeman too... Which was odd because he's 90% season over at this point, but whatever.

So I traded Kamara, Kirk and Dev Freeman
For
Antonio Brown and Ingram.

That works. Good job.

Why the **** would someone want Freeman? :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
looks like dalvin cook is going to be out through week 10

really regretting taking that risk. my team is 4-3 somehow but he totally ruined my season

I only really considered Cook for one of my leagues (I play mostly dynasties, but I did three re-drafts this year). I took Fournette instead, so not much better...

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I only really considered Cook for one of my leagues (I play mostly dynasties, but I did three re-drafts this year). I took Fournette instead, so not much better...
I'm a Jags fan, and my choice for my first round pick was Melvin or Fournette.

I had Melvin ranked higher, but my God it was a hard decision. I went with Melvin. I think the Fantasy Gods were smiling on me that day.

There's no room for feelings in fantasy football! Haha

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Got offered Howard and Conner for Cooks. My RBs are Gurley Chubb and Hines with the waiver wire barren. Receivers are Evans Landry Cooks Funchess Allison Snead Hogan and Coutee. Play 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex

I know @rangerssharks414 wasn't a fan of cooks to start the year but he's been solid

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Got offered Howard and Conner for Cooks. My RBs are Gurley Chubb and Hines with the waiver wire barren. Receivers are Evans Landry Cooks Funchess Allison Snead Hogan and Coutee. Play 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex

I know @rangerssharks414 wasn't a fan of cooks to start the year but he's been solid

Value is there but you only need one of those RBs coming your way. Could you turn around and trade a back and receiver for a receiver upgrade? I mean Landry is good but if you're only starting 2? Just thinking out loud.

EDIT: It's my Landry bias I guess. Checked in a league just to see and he's actually slightly ahead of Cooks, so yeah maybe. Still, I might try and move a back and receiver to someone needing an upgrade or with injury/bye week issues for another WR.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Value is there but you only need one of those RBs coming your way. Could you turn around and trade a back and receiver for a receiver upgrade? I mean Landry is good but if you're only starting 2? Just thinking out loud.

EDIT: It's my Landry bias I guess. Checked in a league just to see and he's actually slightly ahead of Cooks, so yeah maybe. Still, I might try and move a back and receiver to someone needing an upgrade or with injury/bye week issues for another WR.
I'm worried that Le'veon will come back and I'll be left with a back getting 6 carries a game.

regardless, currently Hines is basically a handcuff now with Mack taking over the #1 role in Indy. That leaves me with 2 startable backs now. After this trade I'd still basicaly have 2 (unless I'm desperate I don't see myself starting Howard). So you're suggesting doing the trade then turning around and doing Howard+Landry for a WR upgrade?

Edit: I'm flexing 2 WRs also. My lineup is usually Evans/Landry WR and Cooks/Funchess Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad