HF Habs: 2018 Rookie Camp (Sept. 6th-12th) + Rookie Showdown @ Place Bell (Sept. 7th-9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
players I liked :

Brook.
Bitten
Kotkaniemi (defensive coverage and hockey sense mostly and 1 offensive play, (that sick pass))

about Kotkaniemi :

raw skills, pass first player without a doubt, great hockey sense, good positioning, great anticipation, great puck recovery (active stick defensively and on the forecheck) skating will need to improve big time, he needs to improve drastically his time reaction, he needs to be more active out there not only float into zones where the puck could end up (he knows where to be) but when he gets the puck he needs to turn on the motors and think fast.

like most people think he needs to get used to the smaller rink and needs more time for sure.. even if this type of player will be more successful on the big camp imo. still would NOT be good to be in the nhl this year but AHL could be very good. but with what we saw SO FAR its not the type of performance you want to see from a stacked draft and 3th overall pick.

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Much better game by Habs today than Friday. Much more consistent. Aside from a few PP goals, Leafs had nothing.

Players that stood out to me:

- McNiven
- Brook
- Vejdemo
- Bitten
- Fleury
- Pezzetta

Players that were good but still left a bit to be desired:

- Kotkaniemi (much better than Friday)
- Fonstad
- Katerinakis
- Teasdale
- Martineau (was actually better than I expected)

Melancon was also better tonight.

What made me happy was that the ones that stood out are the ones that will be in Laval this year. Adding them to vets like Taormina, Agostino, Grenier, and Chaput, as well as other AHL prospects already in place like Audette and Valiev to name just two, along with Bouchard, Jacobs, and Burrows behind the bench fills me with confidence for Laval this year.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Hopefully this organization has figured out we need to draft talent, cause even though guys like Vedjemo and Bitten played well, they're likely never going to score 15 in the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook's been the best player over the 2 games so far, not even close. Vejdemo has the skating and speed but he kind of reminds me of Eller when he was a Hab, shows flashes that make you think ok we got something here but then would disappear offensively for a while. Can be a very frustrating player at times, though at 21 he had his best season and that was a bit under Eller's best season at 19.

Eller (age 19) - 29 pts in 48 games. .6 ppg
Vejdemo (age 21) - 22 in 47. .47 ppg

McNiven made some big saves, hope he gets on track this season. Bitten and his speed/effort are going to make him a fan favorite in Laval.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hopefully this organization has figured out we need to draft talent, cause even though guys like Vedjemo and Bitten played well, they're likely never going to score 15 in the NHL.

Third round picks often don't score 15 in their whole NHL career (which is often 0 game).

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Ylonen
Olofsson
Poehling
McShane
Fonstad
Ikonen

Reactions: Bacchus1

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I hope it's just him trying to get used to the new ice surface but Kotka was very underwhelming in the two games I've watched him. Hopefully the Habs aren't afraid of letting him acclimatise in the AHL.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Third round picks often don't score 15 in their whole NHL career (which is often 0 game).

each player that you draft has a range of outcomes, and while I like Bitten, we should aim to draft players that could become top 6 players

Ylonen
Olofsson
Poehling
McShane
Fonstad
Ikonen
so we had a better draft last year but while we have depth there's not a lot of skill in this organization

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
each player that you draft has a range of outcomes, and while I like Bitten, we should aim to draft players that could become top 6 players

so we had a better draft last year but while we have depth there's not a lot of skill in this organization

I hope you realize 5 of the guys he just listed didn't play in either of these games. Unless you're watching these guys consistently you should reconsider your stance.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Bitten was considered as a potential future top-6 in his draft year. He just kinda stagnated since then.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I hope you realize 5 of the guys he just listed didn't play in either of these games. Unless you're watching these guys consistently you should reconsider your stance.
I hope you realize that each player has a floor and a ceiling, and that each time you draft a player with a limited ceiling, you shoot yourself in the foot. Vedjemo is a better version of De La Rose which isn't saying much, why are we spending picks on these guys?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad