Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Velazquez was great. Make it count.

Starting with a near-automatic out in Jackie. But he did something!

Looked promising there for a minute, but Mookie GIDP. Oh well.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Did the Yankees really need to phrase their bullpen? I mean you can never have enough arms out there I just figured they’d save all of their tradable prospects for SP and some lineup depth.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Meanwhile in Philadelphia, Kiké Hernandez just pitched the bottom of the 16th for the Dodgers, and gave up a walkoff johnson to Trevor Plouffe.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
chill with Gary hate guys

I don't hate the guy but if his groin really was wonky WTF was he doing behind home plate in the first place? I can't think of a worse position for someone with a groin issue to play, except goaltender. If his groin was bothering him he should have said something to his manager and maybe gotten a game off to rest it. Instead he played like **** and certainly gave the impression he wasn't interested in doing his job properly, which is all on him.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Eh.

Eovaldi is a warm body who can eat innings in the rotation or pen. Not bad, but slightly below league average TBQH. Buster Olney is saying he was acquired because he's tough on right handed batters, but if we're counting on him to stop Altuve or Judge in October, blech.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eovoldi throws very hard and in approximately 60 innings has a Schilling-like 6.63 K/BB ratio this year

Definitely an outlier but maybe he can continue

I drafted this guy in my APBA league a few years ago late in our rookie draft and he’s had his moments for me and got me to always pay attention to him

You have to take shots and this was one I’d take

He’s a major leaguer with a good arm can’t hurt

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I take this trade as a sign that all may not be right with Eduardo or Wright.
Certainly possible, but I personally look at it more as that they have absolutely no faith in Pomeranz being a contributor this year. I don't think the timing is a conicidence.

Reactions: Fossy21

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Certainly possible, but I personally look at it more as that they have absolutely no faith in Pomeranz being a contributor this year. I don't think the timing is a conicidence.

Yeah, I can see that being a real possibility. Either way, for a team with too much starting pitching, they certainly are thin...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yeah, I can see that being a real possibility. Either way, for a team with too much starting pitching, they certainly are thin...
Yeah realistically it's Sale and Procello right now, then a ton of question marks.

Price needs to be a guy who gives you 6 with 3ER or less every time the rest of the way.

Pomeranz I'm all set with seeing pitch again this year. Hasn't been right since the start.

Reactions: Fossy21 and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Cespedes is out for the season and then some.

Mets’ Cespedes to have surgery on both heels

Literally the most Mets signing of all time. Dude is going to be out for the next 8-10 months and they still owe him nearly $60 mill for the next two seasons. lol

Owners are pumped because he's insured. David Wright as well. 50 million now covered by insurance (well 80-90 pct at least) and now when they mention their payroll they will say it's "well over 100 million" when they aren't paying near that.

he will be out all season. They already said it could be longer, not shorter. They want to collect the insurance. They are doing one foot at a time as well. He's had this for fifteen years, just gotten worse over time and yet they still signed him to that deal. Worst run major market franchise in sports.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Owners are pumped because he's insured. David Wright as well. 50 million now covered by insurance (well 80-90 pct at least) and now when they mention their payroll they will say it's "well over 100 million" when they aren't paying near that.

he will be out all season. They already said it could be longer, not shorter. They want to collect the insurance. They are doing one foot at a time as well. He's had this for fifteen years, just gotten worse over time and yet they still signed him to that deal. Worst run major market franchise in sports.

but without them being such a train wreck we never would've been blessed with Bobby Bonilla Day

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad