OT: 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Thread

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Never was a big believer in Sebastien Toutant but he's bringing it big time so far!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Germany is going nuts over their win against our beer league guys. It is hilarious.

Not only was the hockey of very bad quality, but the jerseys were the ugliest I've seen for every nation. I mean, even Germany was horrendous.

How embarrassing. Thanks Gary.

Plus, wasn't it a Bergevin stooge who put together Team Canada? I heard him in interviews where he said that he emphasized intangibles. He should have checked with us first.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wish this Craig McMorris would be a hockey guy. he would be great in the booth for laughs. He makes snowboarding the most exciting sport in the world. he's hilarious.
Scott Moir too, guy is insane funny :laugh:

Also Red Gerrard telling McGuire how it is would be incredible.

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Germany is going nuts over their win against our beer league guys. It is hilarious.

Not only was the hockey of very bad quality, but the jerseys were the ugliest I've seen for every nation. I mean, even Germany was horrendous.
Just so you know: Germany played with their "beer league team" as well. Their best players are also currently playing in the NHL So I guess one beer league team beat another beer league team. Why not celebrate this?! Canada still had more NHL experience on their roster than Germany.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Just so you know: Germany played with their "beer league team" as well. Their best players are also currently playing in the NHL So I guess one beer league team beat another beer league team. Why not celebrate this?! Canada still had more NHL experience on their roster than Germany.

Because you have like 5-10 players not there? Canada has about 150 (maybe more with all the beat AHLers)? Not comparable. It's a bullshit tournament that should not have taken place. Shame on the IIHF for this fraud of a tournament.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

C'mon, how many German impact players are "lost" to the NHL? There is nothing to celebrate, Canada put together a team of KHL fodder who will never play the NHL again. This was a sham all the way.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because you have like 5-10 players not there? Canada has about 150 (maybe more with all the beat AHLers)? Not comparable. It's a bull**** tournament that should not have taken place. Shame on the IIHF for this fraud of a tournament.

It's exactly what I was dreading. How these Team Canada putzes were going to stumble at the hands of a national team that normally gets spanked at a bona fide tournament of the best vs. the best. Can't wait to see how Germany gets eliminated yet again on the next international tournament. I hope they lose to the drug addicts with an unidentified team name.

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Because you have like 5-10 players not there? Canada has about 150 (maybe more with all the beat AHLers)? Not comparable. It's a bull**** tournament that should not have taken place. Shame on the IIHF for this fraud of a tournament.
The "tournament" should not have taken place? Because the NHL owners decided not to let their players participate? I think you have no clue at all what the Olympic idea is about. You sound like a sore loser.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Go Team Drug Addicts, go. I now have additional incentive to watch. :laugh:

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
It's exactly what I was dreading. How these Team Canada putzes were going to stumble at the hands of a national team that normally gets spanked at a bona fide tournament of the best vs. the best. Can't wait to see how Germany gets eliminated yet again on the next international tournament. I hope they lose to the drug addicts with an unidentified team name.
Butt.hurt?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I was listening to the whole game while I was working and honestly I felt nothing when TC lost. Germany played well and deserved it. I hope they beat team OAR.

Canada needs to regroup and beat the Czechs for bronze now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was listening to the whole game while I was working and honestly I felt nothing when TC lost. Germany played well and deserved it. I hope they beat team OAR.

Canada needs to regroup and beat the Czechs for bronze now.

The whole thing was predictable. Sean Burke, a Bergevin alter ego, pieced together the scraps of a team based on character. You'd think he might have learned a thing or two from watching Bergevin. Anyhow, it's meaningless, it'll never happen again. Let them spin however they want.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why do you think I'm sour? I just replied to someone who said that it's hilarious that German fans celebrate the win over Canada. I think it's normal that if you win an Olympic semi-final... you're happy. That's it. Why so aggressive?

Cause you created a false equivalency when you wrote this:

"Just so you know: Germany played with their "beer league team" as well. Their best players are also currently playing in the NHL So I guess one beer league team beat another beer league team. Why not celebrate this?! Canada still had more NHL experience on their roster than Germany."

It's blatantly disingenuous.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The "tournament" should not have taken place? Because the NHL owners decided not to let their players participate? I think you have no clue at all what the Olympic idea is about. You sound like a sore loser.

The Olympic ideal of the best international amateur athletes competing on an even playing field is long, long gone.

The IOC is a bloc of Sepp Blatter wannabes. There's talk about reinstating Russia for the closing ceremonies, FFS.

It's purely a money making spectacle embedded to the ears in controversy and money grabbing greed.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Me? Not a sore loser at all. I think the IIHF needs a spanking. That's what I think. That the Germans beat our beer league team, good for them. But it would be like our MNT in soccer beating the Germans after their best 150 players are out of the tourney. Nothing more than a win against Team Spengler.

Olympics are for the best. If not, then f*** off, don't hold a makeshift tourney for the sake of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad