Prospect Info: 2018 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
it was only two games but felt reassuring about his health and playing his game again. since disappointing last year I cant tell how much creativity he'll get (somewhat questionable) but i can see, 'not like him' but Jannik Hansen type: good wheels, physical and pk potential(whether that'll be in nhl or pro level). i'll reserve my judgement on his offensive upside

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Michigan coach Mel Pearson on TSN Radio with Halford and Brough describing Will Lockwood as his most dynamic and dangerous forward, hands down.....like he's never missed a beat. Could it be? Another Adam Gaudette on our hands?

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Michigan coach Mel Pearson on TSN Radio with Halford and Brough describing Will Lockwood as his most dynamic and dangerous forward, hands down.....like he's never missed a beat. Could it be? Another Adam Gaudette on our hands?

I think Tyler Motte is a better comparison than Adam Gaudette.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

So is this you on the record expecting Lockwood to win the Hobey Baker?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Ryan Johnson on TSN Radio today raving about Zack MacEwan...leading the Comets with four points in two games....says he's improved more in a year than almost every other prospect. He's a polarizing prospect, particularly for the guys at Canucks Army, but might be a classic 'late bloomer'. He's starting to do the little things and imposing his 6'4" 215 pound frame along the wall to create time and space, according to Comets GM.

Could see him making a cameo appearance for the Canucks this year and might earn third-fourth line consideration for next season.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

If he's got legit higher tier NHL wheels, you almost think he could have a better shot at the NHL than Gaudette.

Still got that preseason Canuck 2 on 1 imprinted on my brain where Gaudette got eliminated as a passing option by being swallowed up by the dman skating back and by him. Does not have NHL caliber wheels yet.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ryan Johnson on TSN Radio today raving about Zack MacEwan...leading the Comets with four points in two games....says he's improved more in a year than almost every other prospect. He's a polarizing prospect, particularly for the guys at Canucks Army, but might be a classic 'late bloomer'. He's starting to do the little things and imposing his 6'4" 215 pound frame along the wall to create time and space, according to Comets GM.

Could see him making a cameo appearance for the Canucks this year and might earn third-fourth line consideration for next season.

I've got to admit that this is one player I just don't "get"..
I watched him in youngstars, watched him live vs Cgy in preseason..
I don't see it.
I'll be really intrigued to see him in the real season NHL one day to see what I'm missing.
He appears to tracking like a possible call up - look forward to it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I've got to admit that this is one player I just don't "get"..
I watched him in youngstars, watched him live vs Cgy in preseason..
I don't see it.
I'll be really intrigued to see him in the real season NHL one day to see what I'm missing.
He appears to tracking like a possible call up - look forward to it.

Remeber this is the same Johnson who re-upped Bancks and Hamilton because they "still have the drive to realize their dream of making it to the NHL" (paraphrase).

If deployed correctly they are a good PK pairing and good AHL 4th line checkers. He's also the guy who was sending Benning the reports on how great Brisebois was playing in Utica last season.

I'd take Johnson's evaluations as a parallel to the hype Trump spews.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Johnson seems to just get out there and tow the company line and shows the same horse**** assessments of players as Jim Benning. Like they can't assess their players honestly and understand their strengths and weaknesses, it's just Briesbois this, Chatfield that.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Tyler Madden playing tonight in what I believe is a regular season match.

Hughes/Lockwood got an exhibition game today and Rathbone has an exhibition game tomorrow.

Very curious about Rathbone. Easily the biggest wildcard in our prospect pool.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tyler Madden playing tonight in what I believe is a regular season match.

Hughes/Lockwood got an exhibition game today and Rathbone has an exhibition game tomorrow.

Very curious about Rathbone. Easily the biggest wildcard in our prospect pool.
Agree on Rathbone....other than Juolevi; a couple of longer shots in Utica; and a few kids in junior, the Canucks prospect pool on defense is easily their biggest weakness. They need somebody like Rathbone to come out of nowhere....thought the Canucks had a kid like that in Hutton..but now, not so much.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Nikita Tryamkin wasn't in the line-up for Avtomobilist today. I believe it's not the first game he's missed. I wonder if he's dealing with an injury (perhaps accounting for reduced ice-time).

If he's a healthy scratch, the big question is how he'll respond. Will he buy out his contract and head to the Liiga? Allsvenskan? Is he pissed because they're showing him videos of Viacheslav Fetisov?

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Nikita Tryamkin wasn't in the line-up for Avtomobilist today. I believe it's not the first game he's missed. I wonder if he's dealing with an injury (perhaps accounting for reduced ice-time).

If he's a healthy scratch, the big question is how he'll respond. Will he buy out his contract and head to the Liiga? Allsvenskan? Is he pissed because they're showing him videos of Viacheslav Fetisov?
Wasn't he named Captain? I'd be surprised if they healthy'd him after that.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Lockwood skating on the top line at RW with Josh Norris for Michigan tonight. Hughes is in his normal top pairing LD spot with partner Joseph Cecconi.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Matt Brassard had 11 SOG tonight, but no points as Oshawa lost 2-1 to Peterborough.

He's now 8th in SOG for OHL defencemen, after having played only 4 games. He's just firing away.

Last edited:
Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad