OT: 2018 Phillies Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Everybody was clamoring for a move, they got a move. I don't think it was necessary, but hey here we are.

I haven't looked at the numbers but they likely need to free up a few spots for the rule 5 draft in December, so at some point they may need to trade a few bodies. Maybe get some international bonus pool money at least.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Kilome was on the 40 and Cabrera likely walks after the season so there is one spot. Sounds like they are only targeting rentals.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Can’t handle the facts?
They lost 3 of 4. Big f***ing whoop. It's baseball, good teams lose to bad teams sometimes.

You're talking about a team that's honwlike 12-3 in their last 15 series matchups and now the sky is falling

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They are a young team, young teams are inconsistent teams.

Phillies shouldn't be in 1st place, they won 66 games last year (though close to .500 the second half), Crawford injured, Kingery struggling, Altherr sent down, Pivetta struggling, Arrieta not the #1 starter he was two years ago, Santana hitting .210.

They're doing it a bit with "smoke and mirrors" (winning more than expected in 1 run games), some young players stepping up.
The most important thing, like the Flyers, is to enjoy it but remember they're still rebuilding and not fall into "win now" syndrome.

Fortunately, Klentak is as patient as Hextall, one reason Kilome was traded was room on the 40 man roster, a number of other young pitchers (De Los Santos, Suarez, Romero, Medina, and of course Sixto) have passed him as he continues to struggle with command. So he traded an asset he might have had to expose to the Rule 5 draft.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

tenor.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Is it too late to add Santana to the list of shitty FA signings?

What would you give up to get Harper?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They’d probably give up about the same as Machado. Maybe minus a little. Not sure Washington would trade him within the division especially to a team who could be his employer next year unless it’s a severe overpay.

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad