Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Could have SWORN i heard someone say it was like closer to 2/3 end in divorce. Still pretty high and that poster should be more careful
There is this thing called the internet.......roughly 40% of first marraiges end in divorce ( StatsCan).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Could have SWORN i heard someone say it was like closer to 2/3 end in divorce. Still pretty high and that poster should be more careful
Here's the thing; regardless of what you swear you heard, even if that is in fact what you heard, it's ALWAYS a good idea to CONFIRM what you think is true with actual hard FACTS, no matter what the topic is.

I hope you will listen to this advice since I put a few keys words in all caps.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You should listen to Etta von Reesebub. I think he would know more about your marriage than you, come on.
Etta von Reesebud??? LOL maybe i should change my username to that A2S :laugh:

And no he should listen to his wife i was just saying statistics (which were wrong unfortunately lol)

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Stop dating Jim Benning fans and you'll see better results.
Y2k... give me some credit man. That's in the screening process before Coffee/drinks is ever discussed.

"What kind of things do you like to do in your free time?"

"How would you describe your feelings towards the way Jim Benning/Trevor Linden are building the Canucks?"

You know... The important stuff.

Reactions: PM

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Y2k... give me some credit man. That's in the screening process before Coffee/drinks is ever discussed.

"What kind of things do you like to do in your free time?"

"How would you describe your feelings towards the way Jim Benning/Trevor Linden are building the Canucks?"

You know... The important stuff.

"Well you know, I like coffee and stuff. I'm good in scrums and can get you your coffee. I'm bigger so I won't get hurt. I believe in having a competitive relationship for our kids to grow up in. I want our kids to rub shoulders with the homeless guy down the street because he has good character and has been through a lot. I'm like a stable genius."

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
ProstheticConscience,

Hockey disagreements aside, much respect bro. Thank you for sharing that. These past two weeks, I've been trying to get answers from her and have been trying to contact her to death, but to no avail. All it's done is bring me sadness. I also came to the realisation yesterday that my only path to happiness and recovery is to let her go completely. Your 2nd last sentence is completely and utterly true.

While I'm not a drinker or do drugs, I do turn to food when I'm feeling depressed. I've gained 5 lbs in two weeks. I think it's high time that I lose my new found pregnancy weight, lol. Mourning time is over, time to get back on the horse. Thanks again man.

One mental image I'm having difficult with is from July 5th. After our half day together at the museum, we went to the Subway to go home. Me to my apartment, her to her dorm. She gave me one of those hugs and then put her head on my shoulder for about a minute while I stroked the back of her head. My heart knew that she was trying to say good-bye to me for the last time but my mind didn't want to accept it. Whenever I get this image in my head, I almost can't breathe and feel like fainting. Hopefully, it goes out of my head soon. Atleast I've stopped crying at work now in my private moments and so that's a positive.

Late 30s dating someone under 25 is never going to do anyone any favours. You're at totally different stages of life and brain development. She is in college and has more dating options than you. Its very basic math. Of course she would break up with you and move on. Its not really even about you. People just change in their 20s. No reason to cling to someone at a different stage in life that wants something else.

You probably have very little in common with her anyway. Grow up and stop trying to fill that void inside you with a relationship. Work on yourself and date women that are emotionally mature and age appropriate for you. Whats so wrong about dating women in their 30s anyways?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Late 30s dating someone under 25 is never going to do anyone any favours. You're at totally different stages of life and brain development. She is in college and has more dating options than you. Its very basic math. Of course she would break up with you and move on. Its not really even about you. People just change in their 20s. No reason to cling to someone at a different stage in life that wants something else.

You probably have very little in common with her anyway. Grow up and stop trying to fill that void inside you with a relationship. Work on yourself and date women that are emotionally mature and age appropriate for you. Whats so wrong about dating women in their 30s anyways?

Good advice. To be honest, it wasn't really even an age thing. Before her, I was often targeting and hooking up with older women (mid-late 40's) for one nighters (I've always had a thing for older women actually). The simple truth is that she came onto me strong when we first met, and I didn't stop to think that she might have an ulterior motive (improve her grades, possibly marry a foreigner that makes far more money than most Local Chinese, marry a foreigner to possibly leave China to go to a Western Country, etc.). I was (and still am) an immature moron that was looking for a hot one-nighter and it ended up blowing up in my face. Lesson learned.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Good advice. To be honest, it wasn't really even an age thing. Before her, I was often targeting and hooking up with older women (mid-late 40's) for one nighters (I've always had a thing for older women actually). The simple truth is that she came onto me strong when we first met, and I didn't stop to think that she might have an ulterior motive (improve her grades, possibly marry a foreigner that makes far more money than most Local Chinese, marry a foreigner to possibly leave China to go to a Western Country, etc.). I was (and still am) an immature moron that was looking for a hot one-nighter and it ended up blowing up in my face. Lesson learned.
Maybe seeking advice from someplace other than a Hockey forum might help.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
220px-Dolph_Ziggler_WM_Axxess_2014.jpg

250px-Markus_N%C3%A4slund_in_June_2015-3.jpg

Markus Näslund = Dolph Ziggler?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad